This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2013-02-21 15:09:57

Ideas
Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop *Beta* ;:.

Actually the request went out to anyone who was willing to help...

All that I need Is ideas to do with items to collect and equipment to use + the sound they make When being used...

The above has to do with trash as its theme...

Items can be sold so no things like scrap metal.
Equipment is usually used In The ground

Thanx Im advance

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2010/screenshot20121110at132.pngI think that you must CLICK above

#52 2013-02-21 19:49:40

CAA14
Scratcher

Hmmm... This is Ernie's shop, so i'll let him take your order.  smile
Good luck,

Regards,

CAA14

#53 2013-02-22 08:45:30

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Ideas wrote:

Actually the request went out to anyone who was willing to help...

All that I need Is ideas to do with items to collect and equipment to use + the sound they make When being used...

The above has to do with trash as its theme...

Items can be sold so no things like scrap metal.
Equipment is usually used In The ground

Thanx Im advance

Well for some items, you could have these:

1). A coin collection. There'll be 5~10 coins hidden around the game that you can try to collect for fun.

2). How about a key collection? This way, when you complete it, you could use the keys to open a door to a trash-rich land of junk and filth, which is to you riches of the deep. Again, "every man's trash is another man's treasure."

3). Some sort of rare tool that got blown to bits. There'll be pieces scattered around the level and when you collect all of them, you get the super tool. It could be a super shovel, a super helmet, ect...

Now, as for tools:

1). The miniature Digging Bot 3000 is here! It'll walk around and collect all the trash you want while you get to leisurely sit back and watch. Also, don't forget that you can have more then one!

Sound that it'd make when collecting trash:

"Vmmm..." (Like a vacuum cleaner)

2). Ever tired of digging to no avail? Every sick of your meager earnings? Every feel like you want to quit your job? Now no more! We have the super drill for you! It'll dig up trash 2x the rate of a traditional, old shovel and you'll get even more trash! It's just 600 easy payments of $7 each! Get it now!

Just to say, you don't have to make this expensive.

The sound that it makes:
"VrrrrVrrrVrrrVrrr..."

3). Now, although the super drill is very handy when it comes to using your hands, you don't want to stand around all day digging, right? Well now we have the perfect solution for you! It's the Drill Stand-omatic! Just set it up wherever you want to, and it'll start drilling for you till it no longer can. Easy as pie! It even comes with a free pie!

Remember, make sure that this doesn't give trash very quickly, and that it drills/digs over a period of time.

The sound that it makes:
None

I hope that you like my ideas1

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-22 11:57:50)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#54 2013-02-22 11:27:46

CAA14
Scratcher

Haha, cute ideas Ernie.

Regards,

CAA14

#55 2013-02-22 11:58:24

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Haha, cute ideas Ernie.

Regards,

CAA14

Well thank you.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

#56 2013-02-22 12:07:27

firedrake969_test
Scratcher

Repost:
Can my main account and I join?

Ideas:  Robot arm where you complete things by controlling it to push buttons, throw switches, etc.
Cookie scroller where you're a rolling cookie.  You can't go below a certain speed or you fall over.  You must escape the cookie jar.

Alt of Firedrake969.

#57 2013-02-22 12:11:44

ErnieParke
Scratcher

firedrake969_test wrote:

Repost:

Ideas:  Robot arm where you complete things by controlling it to push buttons, throw switches, etc.
Cookie scroller where you're a rolling cookie.  You can't go below a certain speed or you fall over.  You must escape the cookie jar.

Well those are some nice ideas! They sound a little brief, and I can't really invision your first idea all to well, though they're certainly good.  smile

You're in now.

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-22 13:42:31)

#58 2013-02-22 12:33:06

firedrake969_test
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

Repost:

Well those are some nice ideas! They sound a little brief, and I can't really invasion your first idea all to well, though they're certainly good.  smile

You're in now.

My first idea will probably be uploaded this weekend.  xD  I've been working on it, and it has a claw used to perform actions by hitting space.  There are three arms.  First and second are controlled by the arrow keys, the third and claw used wasd.

Alt of Firedrake969.

#59 2013-02-22 12:35:45

CAA14
Scratcher

firedrake969_test wrote:

Repost:

Neat,

Would this be a game or would it be a simulation?

Regards,

CAA14

#60 2013-02-22 12:41:07

firedrake969_test
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

Repost:

Neat,

Regards,

CAA14

both
CHoose free play or missions

Last edited by firedrake969_test (2013-02-22 12:41:17)

Alt of Firedrake969.

#61 2013-02-22 12:45:36

CAA14
Scratcher

firedrake969_test wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

Repost:

Neat,

Regards,

CAA14

both

Okay, good.  smile

I'll be on later hopefully.

Bye, and as always,

Regards,

CAA14

#62 2013-02-22 13:44:10

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Neat,

Regards,

CAA14

both

Okay, good.  smile

Bye, and as always,

Regards,

CAA14

Bye!

To Firedrake969:
Oh... I can see it now. Once you do upload it, could you kindly give me the link to it? This is just in case I might miss it.

With regards to both of you,

ErnieParke

#63 2013-02-22 17:17:06

Firedrake969
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

both

Okay, good.  smile

Bye, and as always,

Regards,

CAA14

Bye!

To Firedrake969:
Oh... I can see it now. Once you do upload it, could you kindly give me the link to it? This is just in case I might miss it.

ErnieParke

Ok, sure.
EDIT:  Oh god it was nearly too large.  http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Firedrake969/3123507

Last edited by Firedrake969 (2013-02-22 17:23:08)

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#64 2013-02-22 19:31:46

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Okay, good.  smile

Bye, and as always,

Regards,

CAA14

Bye!

To Firedrake969:

ErnieParke

Ok, sure.
EDIT:  Oh god it was nearly too large.  http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Firedrake969/3123507

Neat project!I was only able to look a bit, though I can still see that it was good.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

#65 2013-02-23 09:56:19

Firedrake969
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Bye!

To Firedrake969:

ErnieParke

Ok, sure.

Neat project!I was only able to look a bit, though I can still see that it was good.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks!   big_smile

Ok, so what do we do?  Just give ideas out like you do in your shop?

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#66 2013-02-23 14:18:42

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Ok, sure.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks!   big_smile

Ok, so what do we do?  Just give ideas out like you do in your shop?

Well, once we get some idea orders, yes, though at the moment, it's pretty much sitting around, giving suggestions for improvements of the shop, and thinking of some sample ideas.

With regards,

ErnieParke

P.S. Do you happen to getting server difficulties as well? I just got 5+ really close to each other when normally I get 1 per week, even with Scratch 2.0 in Beta.

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-23 14:20:37)

#67 2013-02-24 15:39:07

Thescratch3
Scratcher

May I join the staff? I'll give you 2 ideas when you reply  smile

View my projects. Or face The scratch curse! (Get it?)
http://i56.tinypic.com/2cdk8hy.png

#68 2013-02-24 15:46:09

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Thescratch3 wrote:

Yes, though I'll need the ideas first, even though I already know that you're practically in.  wink

Okay, so could I have a platformer idea and one about candy?

With respects,

ErnieParke

#69 2013-02-24 16:04:03

FeatherWind
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

{Become a Member}

Hello scratcher! If you're here, then undoubtedly want to become a member. Well, seeing what I've seen of the forums, I can't let everyone in, though if you try hard, you'll get in. ;)

So, what you need to do to join is first say that you want to join. Then, either me or CAA14 will ask you for two ideas. Simple right? Well it is. :)

Now, once you give them, we'll give you some feedback so that you can improve, and then we'll tell you if you're in or not. You can always reapply. ;)

Anyway, if you'd like to do better on your ideas, here's an articles on ideas in general:

Article... *With Link*

Back to the Top

I'd like to join, I like giving people ideas for projects!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/37620/shugo-chara-amu-o.gif [url=http://gifsoup.com/view/37620/shugo-chara-amu.html]

#70 2013-02-24 16:45:21

Thescratch3
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Thescratch3 wrote:

Yes, though I'll need the ideas first, even though I already know that you're practically in.  wink

With respects,

ErnieParke

Platformer:
It's Christmas time (I know it isn't actually) and you want to go to a gift shop to buy a snow globe for your parents. So you walk over there. But when you want to walk in, you fall in deep pit. Suddenly, you realize that you're trapped in a snow globe! You have 1 hour to beat the entire game or else it will be too late and you would've been sold to a family already and you can never escape.

The levels will be inside of a snow globe, the snow will make your movement slippery. Also, you want to move around constantly or else you will be drowned in snow flakes and it will be very hard to move around. You'll fight enemies such as snowmen or other Christmas people with the snow you pick up on the ground.

Candy:
You are a candy bar. You can choose from Hershey's, Skittles, M&M's, Jolly Ranchers, Pez, and so forth. So you and your candy bar friends are just hanging out one day until one of them (let's say M&M's) is taken by a little child. And if you were like me when you were a child, then you would be running around because you got candy. So then you would have to find park benches to climb on, or trash cans to be able to jump onto the little child to get M&M's back. To climb onto those items, you would have to intelligently stack up you and the other candies to be able to and then pull them up.

How were those? Sorry if they're a little bit long...

#71 2013-02-24 16:45:30

ErnieParke
Scratcher

FeatherWind wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

{Become a Member}

Hello scratcher! If you're here, then undoubtedly want to become a member. Well, seeing what I've seen of the forums, I can't let everyone in, though if you try hard, you'll get in. ;)

So, what you need to do to join is first say that you want to join. Then, either me or CAA14 will ask you for two ideas. Simple right? Well it is. :)

Now, once you give them, we'll give you some feedback so that you can improve, and then we'll tell you if you're in or not. You can always reapply. ;)

Anyway, if you'd like to do better on your ideas, here's an articles on ideas in general:

Article... *With Link*

Back to the Top

I'd like to join, I like giving people ideas for projects!

Ummm... you didn't really have to quote that. Anyway, before I put you in, could you give me an idea about food and another one that's puzzle-orientated?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#72 2013-02-24 16:51:00

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Thescratch3 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Thescratch3 wrote:

With respects,

ErnieParke

Platformer:
It's Christmas time (I know it isn't actually) and you want to go to a gift shop to buy a snow globe for your parents. So you walk over there. But when you want to walk in, you fall in deep pit. Suddenly, you realize that you're trapped in a snow globe! You have 1 hour to beat the entire game or else it will be too late and you would've been sold to a family already and you can never escape.

The levels will be inside of a snow globe, the snow will make your movement slippery. Also, you want to move around constantly or else you will be drowned in snow flakes and it will be very hard to move around. You'll fight enemies such as snowmen or other Christmas people with the snow you pick up on the ground.

Candy:
You are a candy bar. You can choose from Hershey's, Skittles, M&M's, Jolly Ranchers, Pez, and so forth. So you and your candy bar friends are just hanging out one day until one of them (let's say M&M's) is taken by a little child. And if you were like me when you were a child, then you would be running around because you got candy. So then you would have to find park benches to climb on, or trash cans to be able to jump onto the little child to get M&M's back. To climb onto those items, you would have to intelligently stack up you and the other candies to be able to and then pull them up.

No, they weren't long. In fact, some ideas need to be long to describe them well and to make them sound good. This is especially true with RPG's because you need to lay out a lot of the plot and aspects of it, so those can get long. The only issue I see is that in your Candy idea, how your supposed to save the M&M's is presented a bit muddily, specifically your last sentence.

Anyway, your in.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

P.S. Do you mind if I use your last idea as one of the Shop's sample ideas? Also, just to make sure, that would be a platformer, right?

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-24 16:57:47)

#73 2013-02-24 17:09:07

FeatherWind
Scratcher

Oh, sorry >.<. Anyways, here are the ideas:

Food: You get a job at a smoothie shop one day. People come in, and tell you what fruits they want in their smoothie, and how many smoothies they want. You make their smoothies by clicking a cup, then clicking the right fruits then you click the blender to mix them. If you take to long, the costumer will get angry and might leave. If you get it wrong, they'll get angry and won't pay you. You also need to make sure you don't go bankrupt, because if you do its game over.

Puzzle: One day you go into an apparently "Haunted" House to see if the romours are true. There is a mysterious elevator, which you decide to take to the top floor. Once you get to the top, you get a little creeped out and decide to go back. But, you can't open the elevator door. Then, you notice a piece of paper on the buttons that control the elevator, and it says: "The only way you can leave is if you solve all 20 puzzles. Every puzzle will open the elevator door and bring you to the previous floor. Once you get to the bottom floor, you will receive a reward for your hard work. Good luck, you'll need it." So on every floor you need to solve the puzzle until you get to the last floor. There is also a time limit on each floor and if you run out of time, the game ends. On the last floor, you will get a reward, (which can be whatever you want it to be.)

That's it! I hope I did good enough.  smile

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/37620/shugo-chara-amu-o.gif [url=http://gifsoup.com/view/37620/shugo-chara-amu.html]

#74 2013-02-24 18:50:41

ErnieParke
Scratcher

FeatherWind wrote:

Oh, sorry >.<. Anyways, here are the ideas:

Food: You get a job at a smoothie shop one day. People come in, and tell you what fruits they want in their smoothie, and how many smoothies they want. You make their smoothies by clicking a cup, then clicking the right fruits then you click the blender to mix them. If you take to long, the costumer will get angry and might leave. If you get it wrong, they'll get angry and won't pay you. You also need to make sure you don't go bankrupt, because if you do its game over.

Puzzle: One day you go into an apparently "Haunted" House to see if the romours are true. There is a mysterious elevator, which you decide to take to the top floor. Once you get to the top, you get a little creeped out and decide to go back. But, you can't open the elevator door. Then, you notice a piece of paper on the buttons that control the elevator, and it says: "The only way you can leave is if you solve all 20 puzzles. Every puzzle will open the elevator door and bring you to the previous floor. Once you get to the bottom floor, you will receive a reward for your hard work. Good luck, you'll need it." So on every floor you need to solve the puzzle until you get to the last floor. There is also a time limit on each floor and if you run out of time, the game ends. On the last floor, you will get a reward, (which can be whatever you want it to be.)

That's it! I hope I did good enough.  smile

It's okay; I was supposed to ask you first before you gave the two ideas.

Anyhow, you did good! In fact, you would already "in" because the only way you can't really get in is if you gave something like this:

No one wrote:

Luigi went to the toilet. He farted. Then a bagel jumped into the air, counted to infinity, and farted all at the same time.

The same would go with anything as skimpy, or anything that was mean, offensive, ect... Anyway, nice first idea! I'm guessing you've based his off of similar games, right? It would've been really nice if you put a twist on it to make it more unique. Also, being a bit more descriptive and hooking the reader into your idea would've added a really nice bow onto this.

Now, for your second idea, this is definitely unique! Making it a bit more exciting would've made it picturesque!

So keep in mind that you want your ideas to not only be good, but sound good and grab the reader from the beginning on.

You're in.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-02-24 18:52:55)

#75 2013-02-24 20:55:45

Thescratch3
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Thescratch3 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With respects,

ErnieParke

Platformer:

Candy:

No, they weren't long. In fact, some ideas need to be long to describe them well and to make them sound good. This is especially true with RPG's because you need to lay out a lot of the plot and aspects of it, so those can get long. The only issue I see is that in your Candy idea, how your supposed to save the M&M's is presented a bit muddily, specifically your last sentence.

Anyway, your in.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

P.S. Do you mind if I use your last idea as one of the Shop's sample ideas? Also, just to make sure, that would be a platformer, right?

Sure and yes.  And thanks!

Board footer