This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-02-18 08:04:49

raveenkm
New Scratcher

PicoBoard not working

Hi,

I have recently purchased picoboard from sparkufun ( USB to USB ) model. I installed prescribed drivers from http://www.picocricket.com/picoboardsetupUSB.html and connected the board to my laptop. My computer (laptop) is running with windows XP ( service pack 3). In Scratch (version 1.4), I am seeing all the values zeroes against all sensors in scratch board watcher. It is also displaying status is Off. When I right click on it, I see a set of com port numbers from 1 to 26. It is not showing any USB port number..  Do I need to select any com port ? ( My understanding is that it is only for serial ports ). If at all, which port do I need to select ? The trouble shooting document seems to be only for serial port .. not USB port related problems are reported there ..
I tried various combinations, but things did not work .. Can you please help me on this.
How do I know the driver is installed properly ? ( when I tried to install it, in a flash it installs and indicate nothing).

regards
Raveendra

#2 2013-02-20 00:44:53

raveenkm
New Scratcher

Re: PicoBoard not working

I figured out the problem. The problem is with USB cable. I guess, the one with me can only power-up but not send the data .. I changed the cable and it worked .. thank you

Board footer