This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2013-02-28 08:56:57

jvvg
Scratcher

Re: Forum "Embarassment"

kayybee wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Posted.

I'm not sure, but it seems like enough.

I think you have to do what jvvg said, the wait 24 hours thing.

That's because the promotion script runs once a day.

Check it out!

I also recommended hitting "Mark all topics as read" because the script only checks accounts that have the "last visit" within 2 days of running the script, and the "mark all topics as read" button sets the last visit data to the time it is clicked.

http://tiny.cc/zwgbewhttp://tiny.cc/e1gbewhttp://tiny.cc/zygbewhttp://tiny.cc/izgbew
Goodbye, Scratch 1.4  sad                                                        Hello Scratch 2.0!  smile

#52 2013-02-28 15:07:22

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Posted.

I'm not sure, but it seems like enough.

I think you have to do what jvvg said, the wait 24 hours thing.

Yay, I am PROMOTED!

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#53 2013-03-01 18:07:42

joshuaho
Scratcher

jvvg wrote:

This has happened to nearly everybody at some point. If you feel embarrassed, simply avoid doing that in the future. You can also edit out the mods edit (while not putting the original content back).

I have been promoted, so I got rid of the note. But I did make some topics about the note and I copied it there.

#54 2013-03-01 19:04:39

kayybee
Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

jvvg wrote:

This has happened to nearly everybody at some point. If you feel embarrassed, simply avoid doing that in the future. You can also edit out the mods edit (while not putting the original content back).

I have been promoted, so I got rid of the note. But I did make some topics about the note and I copied it there.

You probably shouldn't do that as the mods wrote it for a reason. I honestly think there's NOTHING wrong with having the mod note in your post. You're stressing out WAY too much about it. Just leave it there and forget about it. There's NOTHING to be embarassed about. They're just telling you.

If I went to a park and climbed a tree, if there were no sign but an official yelled at me for climbing it, it wouldn't be my fault because I was never told not to climb trees.

It's not your fault so just forget it.

#55 2013-04-23 15:08:31

joshuaho
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

You probably shouldn't do that as the mods wrote it for a reason. I honestly think there's NOTHING wrong with having the mod note in your post. You're stressing out WAY too much about it. Just leave it there and forget about it. There's NOTHING to be embarassed about. They're just telling you.

If I went to a park and climbed a tree, if there were no sign but an official yelled at me for climbing it, it wouldn't be my fault because I was never told not to climb trees.

It's not your fault so just forget it.

Thanks for your example! I'm ok now, the note is deleted, because it feels like they were bringing negative attention to me.(not true, but it felt like it). You are right, now is the time to forget it- it is taken care of!  cool

#56 2013-04-28 21:09:59

Scratch12300
New Scratcher

mythbusteranimator wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

berberberber wrote:

They won't laugh at you.  We're all nice.   smile

But what about new scratchers who do not know the guidelines? hmm  What about them? But thank you! big_smile

Then they should know better.

And when in doubt, like I did twice, make fun of yourself.  tongue

Easy enough to do over the internet XD

#57 2013-05-05 17:37:19

joshuaho
Scratcher

Scratch12300 wrote:

mythbusteranimator wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

But what about new scratchers who do not know the guidelines? hmm  What about them? But thank you! big_smile

Then they should know better.

And when in doubt, like I did twice, make fun of yourself.  tongue

Easy enough to do over the internet XD

I don't know what you mean..

Board footer