This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-02-07 09:47:35

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Vector projection

I've been reading through these forums and wikipedia and many other things about vector projection and scalars and all that stuff, but I've got no idea ho to actually code it. I'm trying to do a game where there is a ball and a goal and by drawing lines, the ball will get to the goal. But getting the ball to move acurately on top of the lines and/or bounce of them is (to me) a nightmare. Can someone please help with how to actually put this into scratch? Note: I'm at GCSE level at the moment, I haven't done A level mechanics or any of that stuff, though the GCSE level things are easy.

#2 2013-02-07 10:59:17

blob8108
Scratcher

Re: Vector projection

Can you clarify what it is you're trying to do, and what the problem is?  smile

Things I've made: kurt | scratchblocks2 | this cake

#3 2013-02-07 11:38:21

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

I'm trying to make a physics simulation, similair to freerider or linerider. The idea is that there is a bucket on one side of the level, and an arrow at the top of the other side. When a certain key is pressed a ball falls from where the arrow is. The player draws lines which the ball rolls along and attempts to get it into the bucket. The problem is that I don't understand how to do the physics of it. Hope that clarifies it, if not I'm make a mock up, without the accurate physics and post a link to it.

#4 2013-02-07 11:42:05

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

I'm also intending this to be a one player game (as in not having any of the connecability of freerider), I just used it as an example of the physics.

Board footer