This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-02-06 14:53:35

funnymee323
Scratcher

Northern Lights Collaboration

http://i.imgur.com/t9kiBfd.png

Welcome to Northern Lights, a collaboration group where we as Scratchers come together to make AWESOME projects!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This collab is CLOSED.
You may only join if you were invited by one of our members, or me.

All kinds of areas of talent are wanted!

There are some requirements though.....

Code:

You must have been on Scratch for at least 2 weeks.

Gender does not matter at all!

If there is any bad language, something that could hurt people's feelings, or cussing, you will not be approved/you will be KICKED OUT

Please keep everything Scratch appropriate. We aren't going to create things that have a lot of violence, gore, or blood.

It does not matter if you haven't been featured or curated.

To join, you can list these things for me:

Code:

Your username

Why you want to join

Past experiences (If featured, curated, etc..)

Specialties/Talents on Scratch

Things you like to do on Scratch

What games you are looking forward to create with Northern Lights

Members:

Just let me say, that all of the people in this collab are all i could ever ask for.
They're always ready to help, solve problems, and they are just plain awesome.
Thank you guys soo much! This collab wouldn't be possible without you.

Funnymee323/MusicalDoodle (Creator of collab) http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=funnymee323&action=onlineStatus&type=square
CAA14 - http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=CAA14&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Gravitation - http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Gravitation&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Ieu99 - http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Ieu99&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Nomolos - http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Nomolos&action=onlineStatus&type=square
humhumgames (Call him/her HumHum) http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=humhumgames&action=onlineStatus&type=square
SonicFan12p http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=SonicFan12p&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Berberberber http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=berberberber&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Vyrinn http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Vyrinn&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Blazingwave http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Blazingwave&action=onlineStatus&type=square
theprogrammerpro http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=theprogrammerpro&action=onlineStatus&type=square
estile/Neonblaze http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=estile&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Teleport http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Teleport&action=onlineStatus&type=square
Iaoumeur (iao) http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=iaoumeur&action=onlineStatus&type=square

Helpers: (People that aren't official members but help)

Lundfamily3

ErnieParke

Ideas so far:

Arcade:
A project filled with multiple original games made by the members of NL!
(THIS IS GONNA BE SOOOOO AWESOME  big_smile )

TASKS:

- ALL MEMBERS MAKE AT LEAST ONE MINI ACRADE GAME! (all)

- Two members are needed for making the menu system and putting it all together. (CAA14, funnymee323/MusicalDoodle)

- Each member needs to make a button that introduces and makes their game appear, like, let's say a button that says 'fishy game!' and you should decorate it.

- 2 members create prizes, game tickets, and prize tickets. (funnymee323, volunteer)

- Aaaaand we have to make a logo.  tongue

Games:

funnymee323/MusicalDoodle: Storme Cloud: Surprise!! (in progress)

CAA14: (not started yet)

ieu99: (not started yet)

estile: (not started yet)

humhumgames:  A game that allows you to collect prize tickets and game tickets that are falling from the sky. Unnamed. (in progress)

Teleport: (not started yet)

iao: Balloon pop
The aim of the game is to pop as many balloons as you can until you miss a balloon. You use your mouse to control a tack, a silver metallic pin that allows you to pop balloons, red balloons are worth one point (will fall slowly) blue points are worth three (will fall quickly) and green are worth 20 (are very rare and will fall VERY fast). There will also be balloons that will deduct five points.  (in progress)

and any other names i forgot to add.

If you need ideas for yours game, ask funnymee323, CAA14, or ErnieParke.

-)
- Each game will cost 2 game tickets, and each prize is a different price or prize tickets. Maybe a extra minigame or such could be 10 prize tickets. (WHO WANTS TO MAKE AN UNLOCKABLE SUPER SHORT MINIGAME??!??!)

- All games must be ORIGINAL, meaning they cannot be a copy. They can be an inspiration or an idea from someone else, but they cannot be copies.

- The tickets will be used for unlocking bonuses for games and other games themselves.

- The projects would HAVE to be approved by funnymee.
Also, they need to be simple, lineart games. nothing to complicated, because at least 10 games need to be fitted into 1 project!

When you make your games, please make all the variables that you would have global LOCAL on a completly usless sprite, like a ghosted circle. Then, when ever you need to call that variable, use the 

< [score v] of [the circle thing v] >
Block. This will really help with CAA14 and funnymee when we put it all together.

You must use broadcasting to set variables. So, after each broadcast name, like "Set Score", put "_(Initials of your project here)". So, for CAA14's Project, Shooting Match, It would be "Set Score_SM".

Also, please put your game's initials after every sprite name, like "Bad Guy_BG".

Northern Lights Logos and Intros:
Northern Lights Intro - CAA14 with funnymee323's logo
Northern Lights Logo - funnymee323

Sprites:

Collab account: Northern-Lights
If you are a member, you may ask for the password.

ieu99's chat project! We can chat here so we don't have to wait long for a comment on the forums.
Ieu99's chat room!

Sprites Gallery
Engines Gallery
Logos Gallery
Intros Gallery
Menus Gallery

when gf clicked
say [Thank you for joining!] for (4) secs
say [I hope we make some awesome projects together!] for (3) secs
think [Well, at least i hope] for (5) secs

Last edited by funnymee323 (2013-03-31 13:45:41)

#2 2013-02-07 22:44:16

CAA14
Scratcher

Re: Northern Lights Collaboration

Hi,

Right now, I'm busy making some projects by myself...But i do want to do collabs.
I'm a beginner at scratch and programing in general, but very willing to help and learn.  smile
I'm not an artist(yet,  wink ) but i can try to make simple stuff...Right now i only have the default editor, so i can't do very cool things like animation and textures because of that fact.  sad

My specialty is making up story lines, and occasionally a neat game play idea. So, I'm a conception artist pretty much.

I also can code, but i am learning and don't yet know higher level math(trig, geometry, etc...).

I'm best at making menus, sometimes displays, and intro scenes. I can make sprites, but i would prefer someone who has good software and talent to make the more complex ones like characters and textures, and i make the code.  smile

i really agree with your conduct code, but i may opt out of a project suggestion because of a more strict personal conduct code, depending on the context and content. (i.e. I will not do a "good" wizard/witch scenario).

i wont be on the computer all the time, but i will be faithful to finish a job... Though i may be off the site for a while because of personal events or lose of internet.

I already have at least 1 good game idea, but it will require 2.0 to be finished and totally debugged.

Please let me know if you're interested, if so i will notify you here when I'm ready to do a collab.

Regards,

CAA14

P.S. My idea is called "Tribez", but I'm not going to list it's details until i know i am going to be part of this collab, so it will not be stolen.  smile  Nothing personal.

#3 2013-02-08 14:52:01

CAA14
Scratcher

Just to bring the post up,

#4 2013-02-08 18:26:47

CAA14
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

I already have at least 1 good game idea, but it will require 2.0 to be finished and totally debugged.

Make that 2 good game ideas...  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#5 2013-02-08 19:43:17

CAA14
Scratcher

Ummm..... Are you there?

#6 2013-02-09 15:00:29

CAA14
Scratcher

Bring up this post.

#7 2013-02-09 15:29:30

CAA14
Scratcher

Am i in?

Regards,

CAA14

#8 2013-02-09 23:07:40

funnymee323
Scratcher

So sorry, CAA14! I was quite busy. You are definetly in! Please tell me your project ideas!

#9 2013-02-09 23:18:37

CAA14
Scratcher

Hi,

No problem, i was just a little anxious.  smile 

Well, here it goes:

Tribez:

This is a simple RTS (Real Time Strategy game).

You must manage different parameters and grow your tribe.

The parameters are up for discussion(if you like the idea of course,), but these are what i came up with:

- Food
- Water
- Military Number
- Civilian Number
- Moral
- Skill

Players would sign in with a username and pass word, and then get to their tribe.

What we would need to know how to do or figure out:

- How to make a username/ password hold player data.
- How to have several players at the same time.
- How to make a minimap - Optional, but preferable
- How to make large maps and scroll

Well, that's the first one.  smile  Like you said, we will be making AWESOME projects.  smile

If you want to here the other one, just ask.  smile

I will invite other scratchers i know to the group.

Thanks for letting me in! I will do my best to help.

NOTE: If you like the idea, and think we can do it, then tell me and I'll give more details regarding game play.

I actually have 3 ideas now, this one included.  big_smile

Regards,

CAA14

#10 2013-02-09 23:42:26

CAA14
Scratcher

If that's to much right now, i have a simpler idea, but i think we ought to aim high and not set a time limit, that way, once we figure it out and get it debugged, our projects will be AWESOME.  big_smile

Regards,

CAA14

#11 2013-02-09 23:51:21

funnymee323
Scratcher

WOw! THat's an awesome idea! Your quite good for a new scratcher.
I will start trying to figure out some things. Should we wait for 2.0?

#12 2013-02-10 02:46:07

lundfamily3
Scratcher

May I jump in here to give some advice?
Once cload variables are out you can make "multiple users" if you mean multiplayer.

For multiple saves, that's pretty simple. Just make 3 of each variable (if it make sense) and make sure the game saves to the correct one.

Fr log in registering stuff, I know how to make one, but it doesn't hash the password, which isn't a problem unless the person goes on the computer and double clicks the variable. Hope I make sense. XD

http://i50.tinypic.com/zn102h.jpg

#13 2013-02-10 03:59:22

Gravitation
New Scratcher

Very cool name  big_smile

I am interested in joining this collab, it seems very nice :3

Username: Gravitation
I would like to join because I want to help this new collab grow. I've gotten pretty bored making projects alone, so I have slowed down progress on Scratch stuff. I would like to get back into making things, but doing it alone isn't as fun as a collab.  big_smile

I have been part of a collab which has had a curated project. I have gotten over 1000 views on a project that I made alone. These were both on other accounts, the former registered in late 2011.

I've tried most things relevant to Scratch projects, such as music, art, and programming, but programming is the only thing that I'm good at. I've practiced programming a lot and I'm doing programming outside of Scratch. I find myself particularly good at programming the functionality of games, but I can do most things, besides complex trig. I've made some forms of AI, including a terrain generator.

I really love hanging out on the forums, and I love solving problems. Usually I can whip up a solution in less than a day. Scripting challenges are heaps of fun, and I really enjoy them.

I really like simulation games, but making any kind of game is fun. Games with NPCs and large maps are always fun to make, and I love challenges. I love making any game as long as it uses at least one sensing block.  tongue

#14 2013-02-10 10:40:11

funnymee323
Scratcher

Thank you so much Lundfamily3!
It's too bad you aren't in collabs anymore.
I wish you the best of luck on you animation!!

#15 2013-02-10 10:41:48

funnymee323
Scratcher

Awesome, Gravitation! (P.S, thanks. I really like the name to)
You are defiently in. Check out CAA14's idea. I think that's what we should work on.
If you have any ideas, lay 'em on me! XD

#16 2013-02-10 13:03:17

CAA14
Scratcher

Hi,

Welcome Gravitation!

I'm so exited to start making projects with you and funnymee323!
If you've got an idea, please tell.

Later, i will post(if y'all want me to,) the other 2 idea's i have.  smile

I'm not yet ready, i am still working on this project.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

P.S. Could one of y'all teach me how to scroll good? (both axis).

#17 2013-02-10 13:25:46

Gravitation
New Scratcher

funnymee323 wrote:

Awesome, Gravitation! (P.S, thanks. I really like the name to)
You are defiently in. Check out CAA14's idea. I think that's what we should work on.
If you have any ideas, lay 'em on me! XD

Yay! Thanks :3

It's an awesome idea, I love it  big_smile
I did have an idea for an arcade-style village repair game once, but it's really vague.  tongue  I'm not very good with ideas.

CAA14 wrote:

Hi,

Welcome Gravitation!

I'm so exited to start making projects with you and funnymee323!
If you've got an idea, please tell.

Later, i will post(if y'all want me to,) the other 2 idea's i have.  smile

I'm not yet ready, i am still working on this project.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

P.S. Could one of y'all teach me how to scroll good? (both axis).

Thanks!  big_smile

I'm excited too, this is gonna be so much fun! :3

You must be really good with ideas  big_smile

As for the scrolling thing: Sure! I've made a lot of XY scrollers before. I could post a sample project tomorrow, it's 8:30 PM  tongue

#18 2013-02-10 14:39:54

CAA14
Scratcher

Hi,

Okay, cool! You'll be a great help!

I think ideas are my strong suit(not trying to be prideful,).

Oops, i forgot to post the link to my project, well, here it it Never Stop!

Well, i look forward to working with y'all!

Regards,

CAA14

P.S. Could one of y'all post a good site for sound effects?

#19 2013-02-10 14:43:17

iaoumeur
Scratcher

I know I'm not part of this collab but SoundBible is a great site for sound effects...

P.S Do you mind if I contribute a bit to this collab? I won't be a member but just helping out with some stuff...

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#20 2013-02-10 14:49:34

CAA14
Scratcher

Absolutely you can, iaoumeur!

I have soundbible booked marked but i only see music there, not effects...I'll look again.

You're totally welcome here, iaoumeur,

CAA14

#21 2013-02-10 14:51:18

iaoumeur
Scratcher

Thanks for the welcome!  big_smile

There are sound effects, just search for them in the search bar...

Hope I can help around on here!  big_smile

#22 2013-02-10 14:52:41

CAA14
Scratcher

Thanks man!

Regards,

CAA14

#23 2013-02-10 15:02:31

iaoumeur
Scratcher

BTW do you mind if I start working on the username and password data? I've already done half of it...

#24 2013-02-10 15:31:19

CAA14
Scratcher

Wow, ok, sweet!

I'm not the leader, but I'm not sure we have a hierarchy here, so i have no problem with that. Thanks!

#25 2013-02-10 16:10:14

funnymee323
Scratcher

Oh wow, iaoumeur! That is so awesome!
Post the link when you're finished.
Even though you aren't part of the group, you will be featured in the notes and credits :3

CAA14, i do not mean to be offensive or anything that hurts your feelings at all, but please, leave the accepting ideas and such to me. Thank you.  big_smile

I will start working on graphic, such as tribe people, food, water, weapons, etc. If you want to do this please tell me.

Tell me what you want to do for the game.

Board footer