This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-01-23 21:28:14

BlackKyurem
Scratcher

Idea For A Game: Good or Bad?

So, I've decided to make a game, knowing I haven't made a good quality one in quite a while now. So I've got an idea of a game that's kinda like TD (Tower Defense), but it's not.
It's more like Castle Defense.
So, every wave, there are knights that try to break into your castle. You have to use your cannon to shoot them out of the way. How easy they break in depends on your castle's defense, you can upgrade it every time you pass a level with cash. You get cash from killing the knights, and bonus cash for clearing a level.
You can also add towers to your castle, which contains knights on your team that help defend for you. I plan to make upgrades like that, and also upgrades that can boost your cannon's power.

What do you think?

Last edited by BlackKyurem (2013-01-23 21:34:27)

inspirational quote as of now: anything you can imagine is real | Main Account: ProgrammingPro01
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1205/blackkyuremsig.png

#2 2013-01-23 21:42:11

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: Idea For A Game: Good or Bad?

This sounds like a nice idea, so go for it! Just as a suggestion, maybe you could add traps that not only affect enemy's health, but their stats (speed, armor, ect...) as well as barriers to help slow them down. Also, you could try adding in some defensive towers, though if you do, make sure that they aren't extremly powerful. Oh, and how about flying enemies; golden carts which when attacked, flee, though if destroyied, give money; and dragon bosses?

I hope that you like my ideas! Also, good luck with this game!

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#3 2013-01-23 22:05:03

BlackKyurem
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

This sounds like a nice idea, so go for it! Just as a suggestion, maybe you could add traps that not only affect enemy's health, but their stats (speed, armor, ect...) as well as barriers to help slow them down. Also, you could try adding in some defensive towers, though if you do, make sure that they aren't extremly powerful. Oh, and how about flying enemies; golden carts which when attacked, flee, though if destroyied, give money; and dragon bosses?

I hope that you like my ideas! Also, good luck with this game!

I like the dragon idea! But I'm doing this in pixel art, so the dragon will be sorta hard to draw!

inspirational quote as of now: anything you can imagine is real | Main Account: ProgrammingPro01
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1205/blackkyuremsig.png

#4 2013-01-29 18:18:46

eveadelekitty
Scratcher

Call it Castles: The Mighty Knights if you're outta names.

Board footer