This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-01-09 18:21:24

samid11
Scratcher

Official Life in Fantacity fanfic series!

This is a thread where I will post my fanfic series from tumblr, "Life in Fantacity". The first chapter will be posted shortly  smile

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#2 2013-01-09 18:33:18

samid11
Scratcher

Re: Official Life in Fantacity fanfic series!

Chapter #1. "Rude Awakenings"
“Hey! Get up! Get up! Get up, get up, get up, get up, GETUPGETUPGE-“

There was a loud slam that ended the annoying voice’s commands.

Sami’s eyes slowly slid open. Not that it would matter, considering she was practically blind in the mornings. She had rather violently shut off her talking alarm clock; by slamming her fist down onto it, shattering it to pieces. “Time to build another…” she groaned to herself. Her back crackled as she arose from the covers, which she had bundled up in overnight. She looked around the room, but her vision was still blurred.

So what better to do than walk down a few flights of stairs?

She stumbled quite a few times trying to make her way down the stairwell, kicking one of her pets in the process. It was her rather demonic black-and-white kitten, Ziggy, who had been napping on the middle step. She let out a loud yowl before hissing and slicing Sami’s ankle with her sharp claws. Sami yelped and fell, falling down about five steps before stopping herself by clinging to the railing. She snarled at the cat, who she couldn’t see very well. “Ziggy, I TOLD you not to sleep on the stairs! Now we’re both hurting!” she growled. Ziggy flicked her tail. The look in her devilish eyes was simply saying “Good. Now we’re even.”

After bumbling around on the stairs for a while longer, Sami’s vision cleared, revealing she had barely made it to the bottom. “Oh well. Better than wandering around like a blind woman.” she sighed to herself. Ziggy wove in and out of her legs, as if trying to trip the poor girl yet again. Sami swiftly maneuvered her feet around the cat’s slender body, and finally made her way down the stairs. She headed out and sat at the dining room table. Today was going to be difficult, and she could feel it.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#3 2013-01-09 19:00:47

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #2. "Morning chores"
Sami, after she had eaten breakfast and played on her laptop for awhile, got dressed and went over to check her schedule. She read over it, and her expression darkened. She had to go to nearly every place that she DIDN’T want to go today. She grumbled, but eventually got ready for her first assignment.

She was going to bring the newspaper to Izabell.

Now, Izabell was Sami’s best friend. She was a mentally-scarred demon who, despite all her flaws, had developed a sister-like affection for Sami. The two of them were the best of friends, and did many things together. Izabell lived in an enormous castle close to where Sami’s home was. Sami had agreed to bring Izabell the newspaper every morning, which was far harder than it sounded. She had to get to the castle doors, which were only reachable through a large garden maze. Sami groaned at the thought of going through it, but she had to. She put on her shoes and headed out.

Once at the castle, she began to venture though the large woodland maze. She would occasionally run into a few rouge squirrels, but other than that, it was a rather slow, but easy task. She finally reached the doors, only to discover that Izabell wasn’t home. She growled. “So much for that. I’ll just have to leave it on the doorstep.” she muttered, throwing the bundle of newspapers onto the porch.

There was a loud growl.

“Oh no…” she whispered. She had woken up Izabell’s dog, Cerberus. Now, Cerberus was usually quite friendly to Sami, but since it was morning, he was much more… cautious. Sami began to back away into the maze, but got her arm caught in a bush, creating a rather loud display of struggles and grunts. She saw in horror that one of the enormous dog’s heads was peering at her from the corner. The other two heads followed, and so did his body. He began to snarl, foam dribbling from the corners of his mouth. As he got closer, Sami struggled even more. She had to escape before it was too late.

Her arm finally freed itself from the shrub, and she sprinted through the maze, not even going through the passages. She pushed right through the bushes, finally making it to the front gates. “Almost there…” she groaned, the gargantuan guard dog on her trail. She hopped out of the gates, and he lunged.

Sami closed her eyes, waiting to be crushed by one of his paws.

Suddenly, he stopped in mid-pounce, caught on his long chain-leash. Sami let out a sigh of relief.  ”See you tomorrow, puppy!” she called to the furious dog. He barked loudly, but she was too far away to care. She had done it. “That’s one thing off my list.” she chuckled. She rose the paper to her face. “Now, the next thing is-” she started, only to pause.

“Oh, no… Not now… Not today…”

#4 2013-01-09 19:02:23

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #3. “To the shop”

Today, Sami had been given an assignment on the worst of days to be given it.

She was given the assignment of helping out around the Barber Shop and Pie Emporium.

Now, usually, Sami would happily stroll down to the old place and have a meat pie with her good friend Mrs. Lovett, and then get a quick haircut from Mr. Sweeney Todd, the grumpy barber who also worked there. However, today was the anniversary of the day that Sweeney was taken away from his wife and child, meaning he was in the meanest, most murderous mood he could be in. Sami would usually steer clear of him on this day, but today, she had to work alongside him. She gulped. “I hope he’s already had his breakfast…” she whimpered to herself, approaching the run-down shop.

She could see from the window that Mr. Todd, the cranky barber himself, was watching her as she neared the shop. He had his signature scowl twisted onto his face, and his eyes followed her every movement, like a snake awaiting a mouse. Sami innocently waved at him, but he made no attempt to greet her back. Reluctantly, she entered the shop, causing the tiny bell on the door to jingle alarmingly. Sami walked in, trying her best not to look at the man, but just as she reached the counter, she felt his cold hand firmly grasp her shoulder. She jumped, and slowly turned her head.

Mr. Todd stared down at her, his grip on her shoulder tightening. His mouth opened, and his voice came out, a deep growl from his throat.

“You’re late.” he snarled.

Sami smiled nervously back up at him. “Heheh. Sorry, Mr. Todd, sir. I got a little delayed. I had to deliver Izabell’s ma-” she began, being cut off by a loud hiss from the barber.

“NO EXCUSES! YOU COULD HAVE DELIVERED THE MAIL AFTERWARDS!” he roared, now clutching her with both arms. Sami was trembling. “I’m sorry… I know it’s a bad time… I know today is a bad day for you…” she simpered, her voice a tiny, frightened squeal. Mr. Todd sighed, loosening his grip. His expression darkened once more. “Enough talk… Just get to work on the cobwebs…” he grumbled, handing her a small duster. Sami let out a sigh of relief. “Better get to work…”

#5 2013-01-09 19:03:58

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #4. “All in a day’s work”

Sami had begun to carefully dust the cobwebs from the walls of the shop. The entire place was always covered in them, and a new one seemed to appear every minute. Normally, Mr. Todd would simply crush any spiders he saw, but Sami always scolded him for doing so, stating that they were helpful with bug problems and that he should let them live.

He always ignored her, of course.

Nevertheless, Sami was still given the task of destroying the spiders’ homes with a duster whenever Mr. Todd called her over to the shop for work.

After much dusting, most of the webs were gone, and Sami sat down at the table beside the old barber. He looked down at her, as if surprised that she was brave enough to sit alongside him. Sami made no eye contact, and quickly rung the small bell in the center of the table, which she used to call Mrs. Lovett.

It let out a small tinkling sound, making Sami smile. It reminded her of the time her boyfriend, Rodney, had swallowed a bell. She remembered how whenever he’d move, she would hear a small jingling noise from somewhere inside him. That’s how she’d always known where he was.

The memories flooding back caused Sami to chuckle, to which she got a stern glare from Mr. Todd for. Sami sighed, and ceased her giggling. Mr. Todd resumed his normal expression, and turned to face forward again.

There was a loud crashing sound from the other room, followed by the hurried thumping of high-heeled shoes scurrying across the floor. “COMING, LOVE!!!” Mrs. Lovett’s voice called out. Soon after, the hysterical pie maker came rushing out of her little living room and scurried over to the table. She smiled, seeing Sami so happily seated at the table. However, her smile quickly faded, seeing Mr. Todd seated beside the child. “Hullo, Summay. Mornin’ ta you, Mistah T.” she panted, still out of breath from rushing around the pie shop. “Can I get ya anything, dearies?”

“I’d like some apple cider, please.” Sami said politely. Mrs. Lovett smiled. It was always a pleasure to have the little girl around. “Alright, love. I’ll get ya some. It’ll be ready in a moment.” she assured her. She made her way to the counter, only to be interrupted by Mr. Todd’s snake-like hiss.

“You didn’t ask ME what I wanted.” he snapped at her, his eyes like daggers on her back. Mrs. Lovett responded as calmly as she could. “Fine, then. Wot is it you want, Mistah T?” He snarled at her sassy reply, but answered. “I want a poet pie. Fresh, not leftovers.” he grumbled. Mrs. Lovett scoffed. “Ok, ok! I’ll make one fresh, but ya gotta wait ‘till I’m done makin’ the cider for little Summay.”

Mr. Todd’s face twisted into a look of hate, but he said nothing. Sami, trying to make him feel better, gently hugged the barber’s side, but he didn’t respond. He knew Sami was trying to help, but why should she? That little pest was the reason he had to wait on his breakfast. If she hadn’t asked for her stupid cider, he wouldn’t have to sit there with his belly rumbling. His fists clenched in anger, but he continued to keep to himself.

#6 2013-01-09 19:06:12

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #5. "Shave and a Haircut"
After a few minutes, Mrs. Lovett had Mr. Todd’s pie ready, and she sat it on the table in front of him. Sami was happily sipping her cider from a little glass. Mr. Todd’s eyes narrowed at the girl. He waited for Mrs. Lovett to leave the room, which she did rather reluctantly, having seen how violently angry Mr. Todd was today. She felt uneasy leaving him with the poor girl.

After Mrs. Lovett had departed to her bedroom, Mr. Todd sat his pie onto the table, turning to Sami. His deep growl of a voice hissed out from between his clenched teeth.

“You made me wait.”

Sami looked up from her glass of cider. “I’m sorry. What was that, Mr. Todd?”

“You made me WAIT.” he snarled yet again. The words seemed to slither off the barber’s tongue and smack the poor girl right upside the head. Her eyes widened at his statement.

“Oh! You mean for the meat pie? Yeah, sorry about that. She just asked me first, and-“

“NO EXCUSES!!! I’VE TOLD YOU THAT TWICE NOW!!!” he roared, slamming his hands down onto the table. He leaned in until his face was so close to her own that she could smell his putrid breath. Heck, if he had gotten an inch closer, she would have felt him breathing.

“Look, Mr. Todd. I’m very sorry, but I didn’t mean to delay your breakfast. I was simply asked what I wanted, and I answered.” she stated, trying to stand up to the man, who was now making an angry hissing sound through his rotten teeth as each breath he took grew faster.

That was about all he could take. Mr. Todd, seething in anger, immediately lost all control. He thrust his arms around the girl and lifted her into the air. She let out a loud shriek, but it didn’t stop him. He kicked open the front door and ran up the steps to his parlor, the girl still screaming in his arms. He slammed into the door, causing it to burst open with a crash. The moment he walked in, he threw Sami out of his arms, sending her hurtling towards the floor with a violent smack.

He stood watching her for a moment. It was only seconds after the impact, and she had completely curled herself into a ball, crying in pain. She had landed on top of her left arm, causing it to twist rather painfully.

Mr. Todd’s eyes widened, and he froze, going completely silent. What had he done? He had tossed an innocent child onto a hardwood floor, and possibly injured her arm. What more, this child was a very close friend of his. And why? Simply because she had her breakfast before his own?

He felt his muscles loosen with fear and angst. This was his fault. His knees gave out below him, and he dropped to the floor, instantly going to comfort the life he had harmed.

Now, Sweeney Todd was not a gentle man, nor a friendly one, but hurting a little girl who’d done him no harm was a crime punishable by death. To make matters worse, this little girl was probably the only person willing to sit alongside him so peacefully, let alone be so kind and helpful towards a murderer like himself.

He carefully wrapped his arms around her, making sure not to touch her sore left arm. She trembled at this, but relaxed, realizing he meant no further harm.

Sami looked the old barber in the eyes. Her lower lip was quivering from fear, and her eyes were nearly swelled shut with tears. Her face was reddish-pink, and her nose was running. She looked a mess, but her sobbing had died down into soft whimpering. Mr. Todd held her in his embrace.

“I’m sorry, luv”.

#7 2013-01-09 19:08:02

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #6. "Lukewarm Welcome"
Mr. Todd, after managing to comfort Sami to a reasonable state, got out a small medical kit that he kept in his nightstand. Usually, he would need it when he accidentally cut himself with his razor while cleaning it, or the occasional slip-and-fall resulting in a bit of a skinned elbow or knee, but today he was using it to help someone other than himself.

Carefully, he pulled out some gauze bandage wrap, placing the tip of the roll on Sami’s left arm. Slowly and gently, he wrapped it around until it became a small makeshift cast. It would do for a small sprain like this. He looked Sami in the eyes.

“Now, I want you to head right home and let that arm rest… I’ve done enough damage to you already.” he sighed. Sami shook her head. “No, I have more to do. Besides, I’m right-handed.”

Mr. Todd seemed unsure about having anymore chores for the girl, but simply shrugged. “Very well then.” Sami said goodbye to Mr. Todd and Mrs. Lovett, drank the last few sips of her cider, and went on her way.

“Alrighty then, the next place I have to go is…” Sami stuttered, then groaned. This would not be fun. This would be worse than the barber shop. “…the chocolate factory…” she finished.

After quite some walking, Sami reached the big metal gates. She gulped, knowing what awaited her inside. She watched them open, and she walked up to the enormous stage.

Now, Sami was a happy little girl, and almost always cheerful and friendly. However, there was a fine line between happy and annoyingly cutesy. What sat behind the closed curtains of the stage was the annoyingly cutesy type. Sami shuddered as she heard the infamously peppy theme-park jingle music begin, and soon after, the curtains glided open, revealing the dozens of happy singing puppets on their mechanical display.

“Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, the amazing chocolatier!” they sang in their voices, which sounded as if a grown man were trying to impersonate a small girl and was doing a terrible job at it. Sami wouldn’t have been surprised if Willy himself sang the song. He may have be a good candy maker, but he was a horrible singer.

As the dolls finished, the fireworks came on. Sami backed up and covered her eyes and ears the best she could. She knew what was coming.

There was a loud screeching noise, and the once-cheerful voices grew deep and distorted. Sami was trembling from head to toe. This part of the welcome display had always terrified her, and today was no exception. As the voices died down to deep mumbles of melted song tapes, Sami opened her eyes to the horrific scene.

The dolls were disfigured and melted, like a wax museum with the heat on. Some of them were still trying to dance and move, but wound up falling apart at the hinges. Quite a few of them were only browned slightly, while others were nothing but puddles. Sami gagged, dry heaving for a moment before finally getting ahold of herself.

Now came the hardest part: Going in.

Sami slowly made her way up to the stage. Being so close, she could hear tiny mechanical creaks and groans from the burning gears within the puppets’ bodies. She shivered. Very slowly and carefully, she walked through the pathway, trying her hardest not to step in any of the melted plastic puddles that lay like carnage at her feet.

The worst part of it all, however, was that as she walked though, every single one of the puppets turned their disfigured heads and watched her progress down the hall.

“It’s just a glitch. They’re moving because they’re melting” Sami muttered to herself. She reached the doors and bolted inside.

#8 2013-01-09 19:10:20

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #7. "Goodmorning, starshine!"
Sami entered the hallway to the chocolate room, still a nervous wreck from the haunting display. She approached the tiny door and pushed it open, walking into the enormous fantasy world that was the chocolate room. She took a small lollipop from the ground as she walked around. She wasn’t looking for candy, however. She was looking for the man who made it. Eventually, she spied him.

He was snuggled up asleep on a blueberry taffy hammock, which was tied between two lollidoodle trees. One arm was hanging off the side of the hammock, and his hat and cane lie on the ground beside it. Sami chuckled, noticing that one of his legs was twitching slightly. He was probably dreaming. She walked over and stood over the resting candyman.

Now came the hard part; waking him up.

Sami decided to wake him the traditional way. “Willy… Wake up, Willy…”

He didn’t budge.

Sami figured he would block her out. She reached out and poked him right on his tummy, causing him to jump about 10 feet in the air. He landed back onto the hammock, which snapped free of the trees. He fell to the ground with a thud.

Sami chuckled nervously. “Goodmorning, Mr. Wonka.” The now awake and very irritated chocolatier rose his head and scowled. “You know, you could have just let me wake myself up. I was having the most inspiring dream. You see, I was in a-“

Sami cut him off before he could start up one of his hour-long conversations. “Yes, yes, that’s great. Just tell me what my chores are.”

Willy scoffed at her. “Humph! You know, I don’t interrupt YOUR dreams!” he said, turning his nose up. “Yes, you do.” she corrected. He gave her a stern glare. “Anyways, I figured today is the day we could-“

He suddenly stopped in mid-sentence, which was something he rarely did. Sami noticed he was staring intently at her bandaged arm. “Good gumdrops, what happened to you?” he asked, tilting his head like a curious puppy.

“Mr. Todd was in a bad mood today.” she grumbled. Willy’s eyes widened. “SWEENEY did THAT?!?! Wow! I guess he’s scarier than I thought! You know, just the other day, he told me-“

Sami cut him off before he could finish. “It’s ok, he apologized. Now, what were the chores?” she interrupted. Willy scoffed again, but answered the girl. “Well, I thought today you could help me with testing some things.”

“Oh, goody.” she mumbled, looking annoyed. Willy piped up. “Hey, no mumbling. You know I don’t like it when you mumble.”

#9 2013-01-10 13:12:00

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #8. "The Candyman Can't."
Sami and Willy had made their way to the inventing room via the chocolate river boat. It was not Sami's favorite way of getting around the factory, due to how very similar it was to a roller-coaster. She got motion sick easily, and the boat ride was enough to make her nauseated. She suffered through it, however, and eventually they reached their destination.

Willy stepped out onto the platform and walked through the mechanical doors. Sami followed, still trying to keep her balance after the dizzying river ride. She stumbled into one of the machines inside, causing hundreds of gumballs to come spewing out all  over her, hitting her here and there. She yelped as they toppled over her and scattered across the floor. She fell flat on her back, and needless to say, made quite a fool of herself.

Willy was giggling at the whole catastrophe that had taken place. "Goodness, Sami! You've certainly gotten yourself into a STICKY situation!" he chuckled. "Get it? 'Cause gum is sticky?" The chocolatier burst into another round of laughter. Sami rolled her eyes. "If there were a contest for the person with the worst jokes, you'd be the grand prize winner."

After cleaning up the avalanche of gumballs, Sami was led over to a small table, where Willy had displayed various new candies he had made. "I want you to try these." he stated, pointing to the sweets with a proud expression on his face, as if to say "I made these, and they're going to mess you up."

Sami groaned. She wasn't entirely comfortable testing things that he made. She had gone through many bad experiences in the past.

One day, she had been turned into a squirrel after eating a peanut bar. Another day, she had sprouted wings after drinking a small vial of "uplifting" juice. Once, she had even been shrunken down and accidentally eaten by the candy maker himself, resulting in a highly unpleasant situation in which she was trapped inside his stomach. Both of them had agreed to never speak of the event again.

After managing to convince the reluctant girl to just get the testing over with, Willy handed her the first candy. It was a small chocolate chip, but with little red polka dots covering it. Sami popped it into her mouth. Almost instantly, her face broke out into red dots. Willy laughed with joy. "It works!!! This will almost certainly replace spotty powder!" he cried, jumping into the air and clicking his heels. Sami spat the chip out onto the floor, and held her hand out for the next candy.

The next candy was a tiny orange jawbreaker, about the size of a marble. Sami placed it on her tongue. After a few moments, nothing happened. Willy looked dismayed. "Aw... It was supposed to make you breath fire..." he groaned. Sami was very glad it hadn't worked, or else she was certain that her mouth would have been scorched.

After many successes and many more mistakes, they came to the last candy. It was an ordinary looking Wonka bar. Sami smiled. "Maybe it's a reward for my testing." Sami thought, a smile appearing on her face. She unwrapped it and ate it up happily. However, not even a second after it had entered her mouth, she gagged and spat, trying to cough it back out. It had tasted more foul than anything she had ever tried. Finally, after nearly vomiting, the last fragments of the bar flew out of her mouth. She grabbed a nearby water bottle and started chugging it down. After rinsing most of the revolting taste away, she scowled at Willy, who had an enormous grin spread across his face.

"WHAT was THAT?!?!" Sami snapped. Willy chuckled. "It's bully candy. You give it to someone you don't like, and when they eat it, WHAM! It's horrible!" Sami looked incredibly annoyed with him. "Not even the devil deserves to taste THAT awful thing!" she yelled. Willy smiled wider.

"Come along, we have much more work to do."

Last edited by samid11 (2013-01-10 13:12:24)

#10 2013-01-11 20:35:06

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #9. "Surprise, Surprise"
Willy lead Sami over to the great glass elevator. He had discovered its location after he had smacked into it rather hard. He shook it off and pressed the button, causing the transparent doors to slide open, allowing him to step inside. Sami followed behind him. The doors closed, and Willy pressed a button on the wall of the device. He had done it so quickly, however, that Sami hadn't seen the room he'd chosen.

After the elevator had taken off, Sami noticed that they had passed every room that made candy and were now zooming through the various other business rooms of the factory. Sami knew where they were headed now.

The elevator came to a halt as it stopped in front of a casual house door. Willy opened the door and walked in. This was his "house room", the room in the factory where he lived. It had a kitchen, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a small living room with a writing desk and couch. Sami had been here multiple times. She grinned.

Willy sat down and reached into a small box on a small side table next to the arm of the couch. He pulled out a small present. "You did great at testing today." he said with a smile, handing her the brightly wrapped package. Sami knew what this was. She took it eagerly and tore off the wrapping. Inside was a small Wonka bar, but not just any Wonka bar. This Wonka bar was sprinkled with fundip, Sami's favorite candy. She squealed, hugging Willy and thanking him about seven times before sticking the candy in her pocket.

"Maybe my next chore won't be all that bad!" Sami thought to herself, looking at the candyman's smiling face. It gave her confidence and made her very optimistic.

However, she was very, very wrong.

Her next chore would be one she would not soon forget.

#11 2013-01-12 00:03:02

banana500
Scratcher

Necropost much.
[/kidding]

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#12 2013-01-15 10:25:44

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #10. "Pain in the Neck"
After Sami bid Willy goodbye, she exited the factory, walking through the unnerving display of melted puppets on the way out. She shuddered, but made it though the gates and headed back to the outside world.

After checking her schedule, she discovered that her next task was to do a vampire check. You see, Sami was a vampire slayer, and a very good one, at that. She had slain vampires worldwide, and was very skilled. Her friends always knew who to call when there were bloodsuckers about.

Sami chuckled. “Time for some good old fashioned vampire slaying.” she giggled, a smile spreading over her face. She headed into the woods. She carried her trusty weapon with her: A green lightsaber, which she had named Daisy Bell. Sami had used Daisy Bell to slay nearly every vampire she came across, and Daisy Bell would always made a clean cut right though the vampire’s chest. Sami looked down at the light blade in her hand. “We’re gonna go hunting tonight, Daisy”.

After making her way into the woods, she noticed that something was off. Usually, the woods were flooding with the horrible demons, but tonight, the woods were quiet and peaceful. Animals scurried around freely, knowing there was nothing to hide from. Sami tilted her head. This wasn’t right.

Suddenly, like a cannon through the hull of a ship, something pounced from behind and tackled her. She let out a shriek and fell to the ground, the attacker clinging to her back like a parasite. She flailed helplessly, Daisy Bell lying a few feet on the ground beside her, just out of reach. Like poison to her mind, a devilish voice slithered into her ear.

“Is something the matter, young Samantha? Art thou feeling weakened by my presence?”

Sami scowled. She knew that voice like a dog knew it’s owner. It was one of her worst enemies. Barnabas Collins.

#13 2013-01-18 10:39:00

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #11. "Because of You"
Barnabas chuckled as Sami helplessly squirmed in his grasp. He had her now. Sami looked the vampire in the eyes. “You must really hate me.” she growled. “You tortured me my entire childhood, and you’re still not through with me.”

“Nor will I ever be.” Barnabas chuckled. “After all, we ARE friends forever, remember? You even sang a song about it when you were an infant.” Sami scowled. She remembered the sickly cute song she had made up. She had been about four years old. But that was another time. That was from the days when she was too innocent to know what the bloodsucker did to her. She let out a growl of anger. Barnabas laughed slightly, and proceeded to recite the song. He was very off-key, but he had the lyrics memorized.

“Goodmorning, Uncle Barnabas, what a lovely day! Let’s search around the toy-box for a new game to play!” he sang, his voice stinging the girl’s ears with painful memories. Sami flinched, a few tears dripping from her eyes. She had been so sweet. So kind and loving. She whimpered slightly as Barnabas continued to mockingly sing the little melody.

“As long as we’re together, the fun will never end, for you are my one and only super-special friend!” he sang, the song finishing. Sami was in tears. She wished that she could go back in time and take back the loving words she had sung to the monster. She was curled up, a heartbroken mess in Barnabas’ grasp. He looked down at the crying girl in his arms.

“Now now, little Samantha. You need not get so upset. After all, you wrote the song anyway.” he scoffed. Sami ignored him the best she could. “Now then, where were we? Oh, wait a moment, I remember.” he snickered.

“I was about to drink your blood.”

#14 2013-01-21 18:23:57

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #12. "Hot-blooded"
Sami looked up in horror at the vampire who now held her at his mercy. "Great," she thought to herself, "first he catches me, then he taunts me, and now he's going to drink my blood". Barnabas let out a laugh as he opened his mouth, bearing his teeth. They were pink-tinted, stained with blood. Sami winced. Her own blood would stain them soon.

Barnabas, fully prepared to dine, held her steady and brushed her hair away, revealing her neck. Without further delay, he bit down. Sami let out a shrill cry, the noise ringing his ears. He ignored it. He was used to her ear-spilling screams.

Sami was flinching and trembling. She was afraid of having her blood drawn, and having her blood drawn violently by a vampire's teeth was more painful and scary than having it drawn by a needle at the doctor's office. Her head spun, dizzy from blood loss. She could hear Barnabas eagerly sipping up her life force. He was stealing from her.

Stealing.

Sami, without warning, let out a quick thrash, knocking the vampire off of her. He fell backwards onto the ground, blood still dripping from his lips. Sami's neck was bleeding excessively. He had been drinking from her jugular, and now it had two open puncture wounds on it. She covered it with her hand, knowing it would do no good.

Barnabas stood over her. He was a little dazed from the sudden impact and fall, but still as rude as ever. "Many thanks for the drink, little Samantha." he said with a laugh, walking away into the darkness of the woods.

Suddenly, Sami's world went black.

#15 2013-01-23 09:32:52

spongebob123
Scratcher

This fic seems pretty cool, but I kinda went waat when Barnabas appeared in what was apparently a Willy Wonka fic XD I might write a longer review later

#16 2013-01-23 11:10:30

samid11
Scratcher

spongebob123 wrote:

This fic seems pretty cool, but I kinda went waat when Barnabas appeared in what was apparently a Willy Wonka fic XD I might write a longer review later

Well, Willy's just in one chapter. It's about Sami's chores.

#17 2013-01-24 09:58:42

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #13. "Slender Savior"
Sami woke up.

Her neck was stinging in pain, and she felt weak and cold.

“I’m dead.” she thought. “I’m dead, dead, dead.”

She wasn’t dead.

She was alive.

But how? Barnabas had punctured her jugular and left it bleeding. There was no way she could have survived that.

But she had survived, somehow.

She looked around. She was in a different part of the woods. Someone had moved her while she was unconscious. This was very strange indeed. Preparing for the worst, she reached up and touched her neck.

It stung, but the holes had been closed up. “How?” she thought aloud. “How did it heal?” Someone, somehow, had used something to fill the wounds and stop the bleeding. Sami slowly sat up. She was very pale. Barnabas had practically drank her entire blood supply. Darn vampire.

There was a sound.

A deep, growling, breathing sound right behind her.

She turned around.

Standing behind her was the tallest man she had ever seen. He was about ten feet high, and he was barely an inch wide. He wore a dark tuxedo over his skinny body. Tall, skinny, and very pale.

He also had no face.

Sami tried to scoot backwards, startled by the strange creature before her. However, it stretched out its long arms and held her in place. Bending down, it met her at eye level. Well, face-level, as it had no eyes.

Slowly, it let out a faint moan. It sounded sad. Very sad, and rather concerned. Sami looked at the creature’s blank face. She nervously managed to let out a question.

“Did you help me?”

The creature nodded.

#18 2013-02-01 10:55:52

samid11
Scratcher

Chapter #14. "Ghoulish reveal"
Sami was still amazed that this creature, this entity, had saved her life, and yet it didn't even know her.

"Why? Why did you save me?" she questioned, looking up at the tall beast. It let out a deep, guttural moan, but nothing more. Sami realized that it had no mouth.

"Can you speak?"

It shook it's head side to side, a negative reply.

"Do you have a mouth?"

It nodded yes.

Sami stared. She couldn't see a mouth. She couldn't see any facial features, for that matter.

Acknowledging her confusion, it decided to show her, lifting its hands up to its face. Suddenly, it dug its fingers into the flesh on its chin, pulling from the top and bottom. Sami squealed in terror.

After much gruesome pulling and tearing, it revealed a large, pointy, jack-o-lantern mouth. Inside the mouth, there were layers of a black, tarish slime. A long, black tongue slithered around, then shot out at the very frightened Sami.

She closed her eyes. "It only rescued me so it could eat me!" she thought.

However, as she prepared to be devoured, something much, much different happened.

The tall monster was, in fact, licking her wounded neck, as if it were a dog. It didn't seem to mean any harm. In fact, it actually seemed to be healing the bite marks even more. Sami opened her eyes.

"...You... You really aren't bad, are you?"

#19 2013-02-02 17:11:18

soupoftomato
Scratcher

What is this a fanfic of

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#20 2013-02-02 18:09:46

hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher

dunno

but its cool

http://media.tumblr.com/ef092817bb0546c54787e8fa6932bd1f/tumblr_inline_mjvk9eXdM61qz4rgp.gif

#21 2013-02-02 22:01:53

samid11
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

What is this a fanfic of

Well, it's Sami's daily routine, which includes various characters.
Just kind of a crossover.

#22 2013-02-02 22:24:43

soupoftomato
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

What is this a fanfic of

Well see I saw the names Willy Wonka but I also saw the name Barnabas, like the disciple, so I thought maybe there was a weird bible/Wonka cross going on here.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#23 2013-02-02 23:32:23

hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher

lol  that would be insane

http://media.tumblr.com/ef092817bb0546c54787e8fa6932bd1f/tumblr_inline_mjvk9eXdM61qz4rgp.gif

#24 2013-02-03 07:00:10

samid11
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

samid11 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

What is this a fanfic of

Well see I saw the names Willy Wonka but I also saw the name Barnabas, like the disciple, so I thought maybe there was a weird bible/Wonka cross going on here.

Barnabas Collins, the vampire from Dark Shadows.
Ain't no way I'm posting religious stuff.

#25 2013-02-03 10:38:10

hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher

Johnny Depp :d

Board footer