This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#126 2013-01-17 11:16:54

OrcaCat
Scratcher

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Mass Info Topic

haxcharsol wrote:

Fordark wrote:

Huh, no one mentioned that the games' location is based on France. Hello, Eiffel Tower?

Come to think of it, they did so much as to mention the starter's names on multiple languages and everything, but they haven't shown the name of the region. (Or so I've seen)

All we currently know is the starter's and legendaries' names. No region yet.

Oh, and by the way. I just remembered that I have 5 shinies.
I have a Suicune, Entei, and Raikou (all from that event a while ago.) a Gyarados (from Soulsilver) and a Yamask (This was the only shiny I ever found in the wild.)

The new region appears to draw inspiration from Europe.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#127 2013-01-17 12:12:22

haxcharsol
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Fordark wrote:

Huh, no one mentioned that the games' location is based on France. Hello, Eiffel Tower?

Come to think of it, they did so much as to mention the starter's names on multiple languages and everything, but they haven't shown the name of the region. (Or so I've seen)

I have a Suicune, Entei, and Raikou (all from that event a while ago.) a Gyarados (from Soulsilver) and a Yamask (This was the only shiny I ever found in the wild.)

So lemme think about what the regions drew inspirations from...
I think Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh were all based off regions in Japan.
Unova was based off of New York City.
And now the new region's based off Europe...
What's the next region going to be based off of? Africa? Actually, that'd be awesome.  big_smile

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#128 2013-01-17 15:22:43

ImagineIt
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

What's the next region going to be based off of? Africa? Actually, that'd be awesome.  big_smile

Then the majority of people would be African American!  big_smile  My race will no longer be ignored! Well, it already isn't since I'm biracial, so...

Africa would be pretty cool anyways.

Last edited by ImagineIt (2013-01-17 15:23:52)

#129 2013-01-17 16:14:14

yousmiledatme
New Scratcher

wouldnt the majority of people be african not african-american?? and yeah the way races are overlooked sucks massively

#130 2013-01-17 16:22:33

ImagineIt
Scratcher

yousmiledatme wrote:

wouldnt the majority of people be african not african-american??

Oops. I'm stupid.

#131 2013-01-18 14:53:40

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

Hey, here's a new theory!

I bet we're going to get two new types.

Please not a sound type. I really hate when people suggest types that pokemon that already have types could fit into, because it would make people go. "Why isn't bla a bla type?" I just don't like a sound idea anyways.

I agree. And Light type seems kinda stupid too. If they are making some new types they should at least make, like, Deity type. No that's like legendary, but every Pokemon could be a sound type!

Where can I find the best book ever?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavjipQrj91rrpsd7.gif

#132 2013-01-18 14:54:55

sparky2008123
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Actually they said Unova was based off of a real Japanese region... Castellia City might be based off of New York but not the whole region...

#133 2013-01-18 17:57:56

haxcharsol
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Actually they said Unova was based off of a real Japanese region... Castellia City might be based off of New York but not the whole region...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova

Bulbapedia wrote:

Although some of Unova is geographically based on New York, the creators of the region took some liberties in regards to the surrounding areas. Clearly, the largest city in Unova, Castelia City, is based on Lower Manhattan, but to the immediate north of Castelia is (as opposed to a continuing metropolis as in real life) a vast desert. Nimbasa City, which is to the north of Castelia City, could be a reference to Broadway, which is located in Manhattan. The division of Unova may also be a reference to the Boroughs of New York City. The Skyarrow Bridge is a reference to the Brooklyn Bridge, which connects Brooklyn and Manhattan. The Battle Subway is a reference to the New York City Subway, which is the most extensive public transit system in the world, as well as one of the oldest.

So the whole region was based off NYC.

Last edited by haxcharsol (2013-01-18 17:58:50)

Goodbye 1.4.

#134 2013-01-18 18:32:08

OrcaCat
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova

Bulbapedia wrote:

Although some of Unova is geographically based on New York, the creators of the region took some liberties in regards to the surrounding areas. Clearly, the largest city in Unova, Castelia City, is based on Lower Manhattan, but to the immediate north of Castelia is (as opposed to a continuing metropolis as in real life) a vast desert. Nimbasa City, which is to the north of Castelia City, could be a reference to Broadway, which is located in Manhattan. The division of Unova may also be a reference to the Boroughs of New York City. The Skyarrow Bridge is a reference to the Brooklyn Bridge, which connects Brooklyn and Manhattan. The Battle Subway is a reference to the New York City Subway, which is the most extensive public transit system in the world, as well as one of the oldest.

So the whole region was based off NYC.

I think the desert was supposed to be ground zero (9/11 attacks).

#135 2013-01-20 08:02:36

TigerStripes
Scratcher

BlackKyurem wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if they added a special theme for night encounters or shiny encounters? It would be cool if it was slightly a different key then the original theme, so it would sound a little bit different and wouldn't seem much like a remix of sorts.

If you don't know what I mean, take this for example:
http://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=KKxNwiEARZQ
That's an example of what it could sound like if it was implemented into Black/White.

That would be pretty cool, although the nighttime one would probably be different, and probably sound more...nightish?

#136 2013-01-20 09:45:42

Mileaz
Scratcher

Not sure if anyone's posted this link yet, but this site is recently updated for all news on the game.  smile
http://serebii.net/xy/
I want a froakie!  big_smile

(Froakie ftw!)

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i9002/Achievement++get%21/Stalker%21/mca.png

#137 2013-01-20 12:00:29

sparky2008123
Scratcher

Mileaz wrote:

Not sure if anyone's posted this link yet, but this site is recently updated for all news on the game.  smile
http://serebii.net/xy/
I want a froakie!  big_smile

(Froakie ftw!)

Oh! I just got off of serebii.net! I've been using it since before Black and White game ut, it's great for Pokemon news, evolution levels, and all kinds of things!

Btw, I've never understood what FTW means.
Oh and I want Froakie too! I'm choosing Y version, Yveltal is so cool!

#138 2013-01-20 12:01:41

sparky2008123
Scratcher

TigerStripes wrote:

BlackKyurem wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if they added a special theme for night encounters or shiny encounters? It would be cool if it was slightly a different key then the original theme, so it would sound a little bit different and wouldn't seem much like a remix of sorts.

If you don't know what I mean, take this for example:
http://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=KKxNwiEARZQ
That's an example of what it could sound like if it was implemented into Black/White.

That would be pretty cool, although the nighttime one would probably be different, and probably sound more...nightish?

....There are night Pokemon AND shiny Pokemon....? Or do you mean Pokemon battles at night?

#139 2013-01-20 14:36:49

wiimaster
Scratcher

These are some things I'd really like to see implemented in x and y:
>Pokemon eggs look different in relation to the pokemon that will hatch.
>Perhaps more areas besides grass, trees, caves and water to search? Like maybe some pokemon could be found in garbage cans in the city, or maybe you could even stumble upon a nest or hive in a forest!
>Maybe instead of breeding in daycares, Grass and generally plant-like pokemon should be cultivated in a greenhouse! (In fact, lets give them seeds instead of eggs!)
>More weather:
         -Thunderstorm (Random chance of any pokemon getting STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!! Water and Electric types would be powered up, and Fire and Steel weakened!)
         -Blizzard (Ice types are powered up, Water types are weakened. All pokemon have lowered speed)
         -Tornado (Speed and accuracy are greatly reduced. Pokemon have a random chance of being kicked out of battle.)
         -Drought (Fire types are powered up, Water and Grass types are weakened. All pokemon have a chance of taking fire damage [except for fire types].)
>Maybe snowshoes as an optional item for fast-walking in deep snow?
>When flying/surfing, you should actually see the pokemon you use
>More sidequests (and perhaps less linear gameplay in the first place)
>More ice, steel, ghost, dragon, fire and electric types!
>New special pokeball types... I don't know what yet...
>Here's an idea: Endangered pokemon. They would be very rare, but once you catch one... and breed it... and release the offspring... they will slowly become a more common occurrence in the wild! They would be based off of real-life endangered species... I mean, we have extinct pokemon, why not endangered?

Last edited by wiimaster (2013-01-21 19:06:03)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#140 2013-01-20 15:42:27

ImagineIt
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

>Perhaps more areas besides grass, trees, caves and water to search? Like maybe some pokemon could be found in garbage cans in the city, or maybe you could even stumble upon a nest or hive in a forest!
>Maybe instead of breeding in daycares, Grass and generally plant-like pokemon should be cultivated in a greenhouse! (In fact, lets give them seeds instead of eggs!)
>More weather:
         -Thunderstorm (Random chance of any pokemon getting STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!! Water and Electric types would be powered up, and Fire and Steel weakened!)
         -Blizzard (Ice types are powered up, Water types are weakened. All pokemon have lowered speed)
         -Tornado (Speed and accuracy are greatly reduced. Pokemon have a random chance of being kicked out of battle.)
         -Drought (Fire types are powered up, Water and Grass types are weakened. All pokemon have a chance of taking fire damage [except for fire types].)

I agree with everything, but for the seeds suggestion, make sure eggs from previous generations can still be transferred.

#141 2013-01-20 16:47:01

wiimaster
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

>More weather:

I agree with everything, but for the seeds suggestion, make sure eggs from previous generations can still be transferred.

True, I did not think of that.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#142 2013-01-20 16:51:34

OrcaCat
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

>More weather:

You used to be able to find Pokemon in Rock Smash rocks. I want that to come back.

#143 2013-01-20 19:29:43

haxcharsol
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

You used to be able to find Pokemon in Rock Smash rocks. I want that to come back.

I was really not a fan of that. I mean, I'm trying to look for fossils by using rock smash, and then I get attacked!

Goodbye 1.4.

#144 2013-01-21 00:40:30

sparky2008123
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

>Here's an idea: Endangered pokemon. They would be very rare, but once you catch one... and breed it... and release the offspring... they will slowly become a more common occurrence in the wild! They would be based off of real-life endangered species... I mean, we have extinct pokemon, why not endangered?

That'd be WAY awesome! My little sis claims that once she named a Hoothoot T or something and released it then fought one in the wild and it was the same gender, level, and was named T or whatever it was. I don't believe her but I do wonder, occasionally,  if you can find released Pokemon in the wild after departing... (this was in Soulsilver, which I lost, which I mentioned several times before)
Lots of your ideas were cool but I especially liked this breeding and repopulating the Pokemon world to end endangered species and help make them more common.

#145 2013-01-21 00:47:54

sparky2008123
Scratcher

I hope they make some tiger or lion Pokemon! That'd be awesome cause Growlithe, although resembling a tiger, is called a 'Puppy Pokemon'. Also maybe a water or ghost type Bald Eagle! I want some ghost type birds! And maybe actually seeing which Pokemon you're using to surf instead of an inflatable blue Kirby thingamajigg.... AAAAAaaand, I know THIS will never come true but... I have so many Pokemon that I want on my team when I form it so that I never have an official team except for my starter and a flying type to fly around so I'd really like to be able to carry 8 or 10 Pokemon at a time rather than 6. Just cause it's "illegal" in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova doesn't mean it has to be in this new region! Also I thought of some good Professor names. Since they used tree names for all the others (Oak, Birch, Elm, Rowan, Juniper) I think the next Professor'll be named Palm, Willow, or Pine. My sister thinks it might be Redwood but that's not so likely. Or maybe it is..... I just don't like it that much... <--Highlight for random thoughts and wishes for X and Y

Last edited by sparky2008123 (2013-01-21 00:53:25)

#146 2013-01-21 10:52:46

haxcharsol
Scratcher

There should be a Pokemon based off the Loch Ness Monster. It could be a water/dragon type.

Oh, and a dark type gym leader would be good too. What would his name be though?

Goodbye 1.4.

#147 2013-01-21 12:37:34

banana500
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

There should be a Pokemon based off the Loch Ness Monster. It could be a water/dragon type.

Oh, and a dark type gym leader would be good too. What would his name be though?

Darky.

:P

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#148 2013-01-21 12:52:39

haxcharsol
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Darky.

tongue

What about Darko?

Goodbye 1.4.

#149 2013-01-21 15:52:59

sparky2008123
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

banana500 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Darky.

tongue

What about Darko?

Or Umbrania if it's a lady. Or Umbront if he's a guy.

#150 2013-01-21 15:57:29

haxcharsol
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Darky.

tongue

What about Darko?

Or Umbrania if it's a lady. Or Umbront if he's a guy.

No offense, but Darko sounds cooler. :3

Goodbye 1.4.

Board footer