This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#101 2013-01-15 17:41:55

haxcharsol
Scratcher

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Mass Info Topic

BlackKyurem wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if they added a special theme for night encounters or shiny encounters? It would be cool if it was slightly a different key then the original theme, so it would sound a little bit different and wouldn't seem much like a remix of sorts.

If you don't know what I mean, take this for example:
http://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=KKxNwiEARZQ
That's an example of what it could sound like if it was implemented into Black/White.

Speaking of that, I want them to make the percentage of Shiny encounters higher. I walk around for almost 5 HOURS and never see any! I will admit, that's not the reason why I'm walking. I just do to train.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#102 2013-01-15 18:15:53

OrcaCat
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

BlackKyurem wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if they added a special theme for night encounters or shiny encounters? It would be cool if it was slightly a different key then the original theme, so it would sound a little bit different and wouldn't seem much like a remix of sorts.

That's an example of what it could sound like if it was implemented into Black/White.

Speaking of that, I want them to make the percentage of Shiny encounters higher. I walk around for almost 5 HOURS and never see any! I will admit, that's not the reason why I'm walking. I just do to train.

It would be like 4th of July every day if it was like that. I like the rate it's at: not impossible, but very, very, unlikely. Plus, there is the shining charm and the Poke Radar.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#103 2013-01-15 18:17:41

haxcharsol
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

BlackKyurem wrote:

It would be like 4th of July every day if it was like that. I like the rate it's at: not impossible, but very, very, unlikely. Plus, there is the shining charm and the Poke Radar.

Can't it just be very unlikely?

Goodbye 1.4.

#104 2013-01-15 20:48:07

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

Apparently you can pre-order it already from gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-pokemon,139

I think I'll wait considering that it isn't for 9 months and there might be another store with a pre-order reward, which is nice.

"I just had a staring contest with a wall!"

#105 2013-01-15 20:50:36

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Can't it just be very unlikely?

Shiny pokemon wouldn't be that special then if everyone had one. Also walking around for five hours and not finding a shiny is about the most common thing.

Personally I just want it to be lowered to 1/1000 when doing the masuda method, and a plain 1/8000 for walking around. It seems odd that they feel the need to add one or two hundred on the already high number.

Last edited by HotCocoa28 (2013-01-15 20:51:43)

#106 2013-01-15 20:52:00

zubblewu
Scratcher

i found two shinies of the same species in two days once. lucky or what?

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#107 2013-01-15 20:55:36

ImagineIt
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

Pretty lucky, because now your friends can get shinies too since you have an enhanced chance to get one through breeding!

#108 2013-01-15 22:12:40

haxcharsol
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

Yes.
What Pokemon was it?

Goodbye 1.4.

#109 2013-01-16 07:08:29

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

Pretty lucky, because now your friends can get shinies too since you have an enhanced chance to get one through breeding!

Sorry to inform you but that was only in gen II. I'm sad too because I had two red gyarados.

#110 2013-01-16 07:09:39

soniku3
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

Sorry to inform you but that was only in gen II. I'm sad too because I had two red gyarados.

you can get a red gyarados in Heartgold and Soulsilver in the lake , they are always shiny.

internet's all about cats today.

#111 2013-01-16 07:35:23

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

soniku3 wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

you can get a red gyarados in Heartgold and Soulsilver in the lake , they are always shiny.

Yes. Your point?

#112 2013-01-16 13:41:16

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

agscratcher wrote:

I had an epiphany earlier.

When the names of the versions were revealed, everyone associated them with chromosomes. This was supported by the DNA strand in the Japanese logo. Xerneas represents the X chromosome, which is female, and is a chital, a land creature. Yvetal represents the Y chromosome, which is male, and is a wyvern, a sky creature. What's female and earth-based form mythology? Gaia. What's male and sky-based from mythology? Uranus. This could lead to the conclusion that the Z creature will be sea based and will probably be similar to Pontus.

Interesting theory and reliable as well but I've never heard of Pontus. Did you mean Poseidon???
Also, I didn't know yoUranus was a sky based Greek/Roman god, LOL
but I have never heard Uranus mentioned in myths yet, hmm maybe I should look for a story with him in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus_(mythology) aka Zeus's grandfather, Gaea's Wife.

My an*s is Zeus's...grandfather? (O_O) I'm freaking out now...

Where can I find the best book ever?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavjipQrj91rrpsd7.gif

#113 2013-01-16 13:47:32

sparky2008123
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

BlackKyurem wrote:

The only shiny I've ever got was a Pichu in Trophy Garden in Platinum. So now I'm training it to be a Pikachu to breed it with Ditto and try to get a shiny baby. My sister has a shiny Roserade on Pearl. I wish there was a higher chance for shinys though... out of Diamond, Platinum, Leafgreen, Soulsilver (lost), and White version I only have that one, ONE! shiny Pichu on Platinum. But if I could have any Pokemon I would choose a shiny Jirachi, Jirachi's the rarest of the rare, so shiny would be so rare it's impossible! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA ack-(cough) I REALLY gotta work on my virtual evil laugh...

EDIT: I forgot, I had TWO shinys, Pichu (still have) and Gyrados in Soulsilver (LOST!!!)  sad

EDIT 2: ok, I actually have THREE shiny Pokemon! Pichu, Gyrados (lost), and Suicune, there, that's all....

Last edited by sparky2008123 (2013-01-16 14:31:44)

#114 2013-01-16 15:44:27

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

The only shiny I've ever got was a Pichu in Trophy Garden in Platinum. So now I'm training it to be a Pikachu to breed it with Ditto and try to get a shiny baby. My sister has a shiny Roserade on Pearl. I wish there was a higher chance for shinys though... out of Diamond, Platinum, Leafgreen, Soulsilver (lost), and White version I only have that one, ONE! shiny Pichu on Platinum. But if I could have any Pokemon I would choose a shiny Jirachi, Jirachi's the rarest of the rare, so shiny would be so rare it's impossible! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA ack-(cough) I REALLY gotta work on my virtual evil laugh...

EDIT: I forgot, I had TWO shinys, Pichu (still have) and Gyrados in Soulsilver (LOST!!!)  sad

EDIT 2: ok, I actually have THREE shiny Pokemon! Pichu, Gyrados (lost), and Suicune, there, that's all....

I'm going to save you time right now by saying shiny have the same chance of producing shiny offspring as a normal pokemon. Sorry! I know the feeling.

#115 2013-01-16 17:18:27

ImagineIt
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Interesting theory and reliable as well but I've never heard of Pontus. Did you mean Poseidon???
Also, I didn't know yoUranus was a sky based Greek/Roman god, LOL
but I have never heard Uranus mentioned in myths yet, hmm maybe I should look for a story with him in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus_(mythology) aka Zeus's grandfather, Gaea's Wife.

That's a very immature joke...

#116 2013-01-16 17:20:03

ImagineIt
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

I'm going to save you time right now by saying shiny have the same chance of producing shiny offspring as a normal pokemon. Sorry! I know the feeling.

I guess that's only true in generation two then. It says that on bulbapedia...

#117 2013-01-16 17:21:53

ImagineIt
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

out of Diamond, Platinum, Leafgreen, Soulsilver (lost), and White version I only have that one, ONE!

And out of all of my games I have NONE! NONE!

#118 2013-01-16 19:18:15

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

That's a very immature joke...

Yeah... sorry, I just had to get it out

#119 2013-01-16 19:19:20

sparky2008123
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

Still worth a try, besides I want my shiny Pichu to be a shiny Raichu anyway.

#120 2013-01-16 19:40:35

OrcaCat
Scratcher

Hey, here's a new theory!

I bet we're going to get two new types.

Last edited by OrcaCat (2013-01-16 19:41:30)

#121 2013-01-16 19:48:06

ImagineIt
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

out of Diamond, Platinum, Leafgreen, Soulsilver (lost), and White version I only have that one, ONE!

I've never lost any DS game. I keep careful track of them because they're really important.

I mean I have no shiny pokemon.  tongue

#122 2013-01-16 19:49:20

ImagineIt
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

Hey, here's a new theory!

I bet we're going to get two new types.

Please not a sound type. I really hate when people suggest types that pokemon that already have types could fit into, because it would make people go. "Why isn't bla a bla type?" I just don't like a sound idea anyways.

#123 2013-01-16 20:19:28

Fordark
Scratcher

Huh, no one mentioned that the games' location is based on France. Hello, Eiffel Tower?

Come to think of it, they did so much as to mention the starter's names on multiple languages and everything, but they haven't shown the name of the region. (Or so I've seen)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34855482/Fordarksig.png

#124 2013-01-16 22:20:04

haxcharsol
Scratcher

Fordark wrote:

Huh, no one mentioned that the games' location is based on France. Hello, Eiffel Tower?

Come to think of it, they did so much as to mention the starter's names on multiple languages and everything, but they haven't shown the name of the region. (Or so I've seen)

All we currently know is the starter's and legendaries' names. No region yet.

Oh, and by the way. I just remembered that I have 5 shinies.
I have a Suicune, Entei, and Raikou (all from that event a while ago.) a Gyarados (from Soulsilver) and a Yamask (This was the only shiny I ever found in the wild.)

Goodbye 1.4.

#125 2013-01-17 11:12:06

OrcaCat
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

I've never lost any DS game. I keep careful track of them because they're really important.

I mean I have no shiny pokemon.  tongue

(talking to sparky)

Board footer