This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-01-04 17:55:35

curiouscrab
Scratcher

Dead Script

I have a script on Sprite 101 on this project that is ignored and won't work. It's too long for me to put in scratchblocks online. It should be the last sprite. The scripts are correct and it's not the problem there. It worked at one time after I deleted the one sprite and redid everything in a new sprite. Then I added a wait block and it was messed up. I removed the wait block and it didn't make a difference. I used Scratch 1.4 offline, in normal mode and presentation mode.

http://i50.tinypic.com/dopbtw.png

#2 2013-01-07 05:22:40

chrisbown
Scratcher

Re: Dead Script

curiouscrab wrote:

I have a script on Sprite 101 on this project that is ignored and won't work. It's too long for me to put in scratchblocks online. It should be the last sprite. The scripts are correct and it's not the problem there. It worked at one time after I deleted the one sprite and redid everything in a new sprite. Then I added a wait block and it was messed up. I removed the wait block and it didn't make a difference. I used Scratch 1.4 offline, in normal mode and presentation mode.

the script dosen't work i always thought i had that problem, check your other scripts and see if it is affecting the dead script.

check out this: Tank physicshttp://scratch.mit.edu/projects/hamstercake11/3082288

#3 2013-01-07 14:48:31

Kileymeister_test
Scratcher

Re: Dead Script

The problem is that your spaceship is the same color as the colors that stop the projectile from moving (the shade of red and blue).  This means that when you start the script it pops up on the spaceship, senses the color that makes it stop, then disappears again.  You'll either have to change the color of your spaceship or change the color that the projectile can collide with.

EDIT:  There are actually two problems here.  The second is that your spaceship's center of rotation is very far off center, in fact it's center of rotation is on the edge of the stage.  This means when the projectile "goes to sprite 100" it goes to the edge, senses the edge, and disappears.  You will have to readjust the center of rotation for your spaceship to fully fix this.

Last edited by Kileymeister_test (2013-01-07 14:51:47)

Kileymeister's test account.  I upload engines and demos and stuff for public use.
Currently Working on: Grapple Arms!

Board footer