This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2013-04-13 23:20:39

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

Re: Snes

I recently got cartridges of Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario All-stars for my SNES. They're really good, but my ever-lasting search for Earthbound continues...

Also, Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid are classics I'd recommend to anyone. I would suggest Link to the Past, but I hate how you can get repeatedly get hit by enemies with little time to react and recover, and how it starts you from a very far point when you die or turn on the game again.

"I just had a staring contest with a wall!"

#27 2013-04-14 15:28:40

pikachu1337
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

I recently got cartridges of Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario All-stars for my SNES. They're really good, but my ever-lasting search for Earthbound continues...

Also, Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid are classics I'd recommend to anyone. I would suggest Link to the Past, but I hate how you can get repeatedly get hit by enemies with little time to react and recover, and how it starts you from a very far point when you die or turn on the game again.

Then don't even think of getting oracle of ages/seasons.

It plays the exact same, but your invincibility frames are even shorter.

On the note of the actual topic, I do not own an SNES but I emulate it.  I can run a perfect 60 fps, without any FPS limiter.
I feel ashamed

http://internetometer.com/imagesmall/24779.png Help my city grow!
Welp.  Obama was elected.  Country's doomed.  Abandon ship?

#28 2013-04-14 18:24:09

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

pikachu1337 wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

Then don't even think of getting oracle of ages/seasons.

It plays the exact same, but your invincibility frames are even shorter.

On the note of the actual topic, I do not own an SNES but I emulate it.  I can run a perfect 60 fps, without any FPS limiter.
I feel ashamed

Lemme guess, you know about the lessened frames from an Autarch of Flame video?

#29 2013-05-04 20:23:30

ToxicQuillz
Scratcher

After years of searching, I've finally got my SNES. Well, it's my sister's, but you know. I recently hooked it up and I'm playing Super Mario World right now.

Can any suggest some games for me? I've got Super Mario World, Mario Paint, Donkey Kong Country and Mario's Time Machine. (MTM is horrible)

You lived a good four years, Scratch 1.4... May you rest in peace...
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sad_face.gif

#30 2013-05-04 22:44:17

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

ToxicQuillz wrote:

After years of searching, I've finally got my SNES. Well, it's my sister's, but you know. I recently hooked it up and I'm playing Super Mario World right now.

Can any suggest some games for me? I've got Super Mario World, Mario Paint, Donkey Kong Country and Mario's Time Machine. (MTM is horrible)

If you have a second controller and don't mind fighting games, Street Fighter II Turbo is pretty solid.

#31 2013-05-04 23:00:40

cheatahstar
Scratcher

STAR FOX
Enough said.

"Wisdom is a circle. What you receive you must give back."
"Duct tape makes you smart." Micheal Westen - Burn Notice

Board footer