This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-12-31 07:11:04

AlveKatt
Scratcher

Scratch misses Release event of key if two keys are used

Release event of button not catched if two buttons are used

My project Asteroidish physics reproduces this bug:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/AlveKatt/478492

It works perfect in the uploaded java window, so the code isn't at fault. The bug only appears when trying to play the game in Scratch.

Steps to reproduce:
Hold D or A to turn, press forwards (W) while still holding down A or D, release W before you release A or D, then release A or D.

It works the other way too, mirror my instructions and it is the throttle that won't release.

In the script window you will see that the program still thinks A or D is pressed.
The script is set to repeat the turning until A or D is released, but the program misses the release event and thinks you are still holding it down.

To reiterate, This is a bug in the program. The java app on the website does not have this bug, it gets the release event as expected. So the game works fine on the scratch website, but not in the Scratch program.

Scratch version; 1.4 (Linux) of 2-Dec-11

#2 2012-12-31 19:03:57

technoboy10
Scratcher

Re: Scratch misses Release event of key if two keys are used

Yep, that's a known bug.

So long, 1.4.
http://goo.gl/3JEV9

#3 2013-03-22 01:43:07

ebunders
New Scratcher

So, how is this handled? Is there a bug tracker? Is there any way to know how bugs are rated and whether they will be fixed and when?
It seems the linux platform support is not so good, which i find disappointing.
This key event bug is critical when you try to create games, and then there is the lacking mp3 support.
I try to make my daughter enthusiastic about linux, but with all this stuff working on her friends laptops (windows) but not on hers gives me a hard time...

#4 2013-03-22 10:08:48

veggieman001
Scratcher

ebunders wrote:

So, how is this handled? Is there a bug tracker? Is there any way to know how bugs are rated and whether they will be fixed and when?
It seems the linux platform support is not so good, which i find disappointing.
This key event bug is critical when you try to create games, and then there is the lacking mp3 support.
I try to make my daughter enthusiastic about linux, but with all this stuff working on her friends laptops (windows) but not on hers gives me a hard time...

Scratch already supports most MP3s.

There is a bug tracker, but only for 2.0, which is the version they are currently working on. Its tracker is here and the public beta is here.

Board footer