This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2013-04-20 00:51:24

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

Re: Divergent. Please FanGirl/FanGuy with me!

Skyfur wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

Ikr! Four was obviously coming up with any excuse to touch her (wow that sounds a lot more wrong than I meant it to be) even if it was just lightly touching her waist. And did you know that zip lining and capture the flag wasn't originally in the book? Veronica's feedback for the manuscript was something along the lines of "you should have some fun mixed in. It's not all dark and depressing" so Veronica tried adding in some fun stuff, zip lining and capture the flag came out, and ended up being one of her favorite parts of the book  big_smile

If you consider the "original" book the unedited manuscript you would look at every book you read a lot differently.

It's similar to saying that roughcuts of movies without proper sound editing and graphical effects and stuff are the original.

Yea.

And I was looking at the casting Four votes...

http://divergent.wikia.com/wiki/Top_10_list:Casting_Four

Scroll down to #32.

[removed by moderator].Just...Never.EVER EVER EVER EVER.

He would NEVER EVER pull it off.

And if he did it would be completely and utterly TERRIBLE.

I litterally lolled when I saw that. NO! JUST NO!  tongue  See I'm saying that while laughing which just makes this even more funny...Maybe I'm just tired...Anywho, my thoughts:

#1: YES!!!! PERFECT!!! I'VE BEEN VOTING FOR HIM SINCE THE BEGINNING!

#2: No! He's in The Host! You can't just take characters from one fandom and stick 'em in another unless they've played a small role! He is the lead in The Host, Four is a lead, you just can't do it!

#3: I love Joey! I watch his vlogs all the time! And he actually has the right look (sorta) but his voice and attitude...Um...Nvm.

#5 (yes I skipped 4 because idk that actor. Ignore my pun) I love him! He's Cato! And it would be weird to see him as Four because THG. I know Cato isn't exactly a lead, but still. Actually, throughout the entire books, I pictured him as peter  tongue  Probably shouldn't have done that because there is no way he's gonna be peter.

#13: He's as cute and sweet as a button. I adore him!.....Because of that, HE CAN NOT BE FOUR!!

#14: for (no pun intended) cryin' out loud! He's Peeta! No! Just no! I loooooove Peeta and that is why he is staying Peeta! He will not be both!

Everyone else: Ah forget it...

Last edited by Paddle2See (2013-04-20 05:51:07)

http://data.whicdn.com/images/36639937/air-monochrome-air-angel-anime-black-boy-cute-girl-kamio-musuzu-kunisaki-yukito-monochrome-wings-anime-499x311_large.jpg Think of what could be; not of what is

#77 2013-04-20 00:58:34

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

I am now going to post my favorite part: 

Al’s hand slips from my mouth. “Stop that,” he snaps. I recognize his low, distinct voice. When All lets go of me, I thrash again and slip down to the gr ound. This time, I bite down as hard as I can on the first arm I find. I hear a scream and clench my jaw harder, tasting blood. Something hard strikes my face.

White heat races through my head. It would have been pain if adrenaline wasn’t coursing through me like acid. The boy wrenches his trapped arm away from me and throws me to the ground. I bang my elbow against stone and bring my hands up to my head to remove the blindfold. A foot drives into my side, forcing the air from my lungs. I gasp and cough and claw at the back of my head. Someone grabs a hand full of my hair and slams my head against something hard. A scream of pain bursts from my mouth, and I feel dizzy. Clumsily, I fumble along the side of my head to find the edge of the blindfold. I drag my heavy hand up, taking the blindfold with it, and blink. The scene before me is sideways and bobs up and down. I see someone running toward us and someone running away—someone large, Al. I grab the railing next to me and haul myself to my feet. Peter wraps a hand around my throat and lifts me up, his thumb wedged under my chin. His hair, which is usually shiny and smooth, is tousled and sticks to his forehead. His pale face is contorted and his teeth are gritted, and he holds me over the chasm as spots appear on the edges of my vision, crowding around his face, green and pink and blue. He says nothing. I try to kick him, but my legs are too short. My lungs scream for air. I hear a shout, and he releases me. I stretch out my arms as I fall, gasping, and my armpits slam into the railing. I hook my elbows over it and groan.

Mist touches my ankles. The world dips and sways around me, and someone is on the Pit floor—Drew—screaming. I hear thumps. Kicks. Groans. I blink a few times and f ocus as hard as I can on the only face I can see. It is contorted with anger. His eyes are dark blue. “Four,” I croak. I close my eyes, and hands wrap around my arms, right where they join with the shoulder. He pulls me over the railing and aga inst his chest, gathering me into his arms, easing an arm under my knees. I press my face into his shoulder, and there is a sudden, hollow silence.

END

And you know, the next chapter is also my favorite, but I probably shouldn't post it because of copyright reasons and somebody is going to censor it

http://data.whicdn.com/images/36639937/air-monochrome-air-angel-anime-black-boy-cute-girl-kamio-musuzu-kunisaki-yukito-monochrome-wings-anime-499x311_large.jpg Think of what could be; not of what is

#78 2013-04-20 01:08:57

soupoftomato
Scratcher

RoyalHi5 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Skyfur wrote:

[removed] that sucks. tongue 

AND NOW WE'RE ALL [removed] WAITING FOR ALLEGIANT.

Just because it's not censored in a certain doesn't mean you can say it on here.

Dude, kids won't be able to figure out what she means by that because the way she spelt it is so subtle that unless you see/hear that word a lot, you won't be able to catch onto it. It even took me a second to get it so a little kid won't be able to get it at all (probably) and what kid is gonna be on at this hour anyway? And why would they be looking at a Divergent forum? Divergent is certainly not something they'd be reading...

1. The way she spelt is a common phonetic representation of it - just pronouncing it says the word.

2. The post will not disappear after "this hour", and besides, a kid from anywhere in the world could be on.

3. I look at pretty much every thread on the RaP and MaC, so I can imagine a little kid would too.

This is an all ages site, which means you must act appropriately for that everywhere on it.

Last edited by soupoftomato (2013-04-20 01:09:16)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#79 2013-04-20 01:51:13

PonyoPenguin
Scratcher

RoyalHi5 wrote:

and what kid is gonna be on at this hour anyway? And why would they be looking at a Divergent forum? Divergent is certainly not something they'd be reading...

Well, uh, me. I don't know if I count as a little kid though; I'm 11. Also I don't care about a few hidden swears in the forums.

http://i.imgur.com/z0zYaqS.png

#80 2013-04-20 05:48:26

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

PonyoPenguin wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

and what kid is gonna be on at this hour anyway? And why would they be looking at a Divergent forum? Divergent is certainly not something they'd be reading...

Well, uh, me. I don't know if I count as a little kid though; I'm 11. Also I don't care about a few hidden swears in the forums.

I care.

Scratch is an all-ages site and everything on the forums is very public.  Please don't use rude or offensive language.  Changing the spelling doesn't change what people hear when they read - so please lighten up a bit  hmm

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#81 2013-04-20 11:17:05

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

PonyoPenguin wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

My parents swore around me even when I was a baby. They didn't care if I heard it; my dad always told me "what does it matter? You're gonna hear it someday so hearing it now won't make a difference." I still never swore though because I saw it as a grownup thing. And my parents didn't like me saying it (although my brother cared a heck of a lot more than my parents did. He's super protective.) I don't even do it now really, only rarley. I have to admit that it comes up in the stories I write (which my teachers are reading and parents are soon to be reading) they couldn't care less. I'm not using it to be cool or to get away with it. They know that, 'cause I'm like a goody-two-shoes. I'm using it because I have teens in my story, and what teen doesn't use it? I'm really just using it for authenticity.

Sorry, I'm babling to my computer screen. Anyway, I wouldn't count you as a little kid. And I don't think you would be too young to read this book. Although, if you're thinking about it, I would wait maybe a year or two. This is a teen novel. And I'm not saying that because of language (there's hardly any) I'm saying that because of the "romance".

And sorry Paddle2See....

Last edited by RoyalHi5 (2013-04-20 11:20:22)

#82 2013-04-20 12:27:17

PonyoPenguin
Scratcher

RoyalHi5 wrote:

And I don't think you would be too young to read this book. Although, if you're thinking about it, I would wait maybe a year or two. This is a teen novel. And I'm not saying that because of language (there's hardly any) I'm saying that because of the "romance"

I already read it. I'm on the second book.

http://i.imgur.com/z0zYaqS.png

#83 2013-04-20 13:03:02

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

PonyoPenguin wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

And I don't think you would be too young to read this book. Although, if you're thinking about it, I would wait maybe a year or two. This is a teen novel. And I'm not saying that because of language (there's hardly any) I'm saying that because of the "romance"

0.o ......okay........

#84 2013-04-20 14:37:23

soupoftomato
Scratcher

RoyalHi5 wrote:

PonyoPenguin wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

0.o ......okay........

All I see in this weird parental review is that they mention your "romance", so it's something I can see a 11 year old reading.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#85 2013-04-20 14:55:46

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

RoyalHi5 wrote:

PonyoPenguin wrote:

0.o ......okay........

All I see in this weird parental review is that they mention your "romance", so it's something I can see a 11 year old reading.

What do you mean?

#86 2013-04-20 18:42:45

RoyalHi5
Scratcher

Veronica just made another post, which to me was extremely interesting. I love hearing about this sort of thing so I was incredibly greatful for what she shared, as well as dissapointed because she cut it short. Well, here it is: (and Skyfur we were just talking about Uriah, the bottom basically answers our questions lol)

:Full disclosure: as our car approached the set, I turned to my husband and said, "I feel like I'm going to throw up." I mean, I spend most of my time in front of a screen. Set visits to the movie adaptation of the words I scrawled over winter break three years ago were never something I was anticipating. On the way there, I felt totally unprepared for what was coming, and that meant a little bit of nausea.

Spoiler alert: I didn't throw up. Instead, I calmed down, which is better.

Here's the deal: I want your first experience with this stuff, in all its detail, to be as amazing as mine was, so I'm not going to try to capture it all for you here. I'm just going to tell you, generally, what I did and how I reacted to everything. Okay? Okay.

When I first got there, they were setting up to shoot the knife-throwing scene. (What a great day to go, right?) I spent a few seconds marveling at everything, then went back to "video village" (which is where director/producer/etc. types watch the filming on screens in real time, with headphones).

There, I abruptly got all misty-eyed, because THEY MADE ME A CHAIR. You know, one of those director's chairs, with my name on it. It's weird what kinds of things hit you the hardest in these situations. For me it's usually the little things.

Shortly after that I met the Garrett, Master of Stunts and Fights (that's not his official title, but it's what I now call him in my mind), who told me about developing a particular fighting style for the movie and taught me the Dauntless stance. I even punched a punching bag. And nearly hurt my hand, because I am a marshmallow. (Garrett is not.)

I also got to see the Pit, a train car, and an Abnegation house, about which I can only say: !!! One of the best parts of the day was that I got to meet all the craftsmen who are working on the sets after seeing their impeccable work. I was so impressed with how much effort and thought went into everything I saw, so it was really fantastic to meet the people who were making it happen.

Then the fashion geek (is that a thing? I suspect it is not) inside me freaked out, because COSTUMES. I've been curious to see what they would do with costumes, because creating outfits that are entirely one or two colors is not an easy task, sorry guys. But...[censor]. Did they do it. I may or may not be planning an elaborate heist in which I sneak into the area after dark and steal some clothes. (Note: that is a joke. *hides heist plans in a drawer*)

After that we returned to the knife-throwing set and I watched the scene...over and over again, because, you know, that's how shooting movies works! Strangely this did not get boring for me (even though I've written that scene from two different POVs and I've probably read it over 100 times), which is a credit to everyone involved with it. I can't say much without spoiling things, but I will say that the scene is very true to the book.

I know you're probably mostly interested in the cast, because that's who you'll actually see on the screen. Let me first say that everyone was so nice, despite the fact that, for the first half of the day, I was too stunned to form coherent sentences. The people I talked to: Shailene Woodley (Tris), Theo James (Four), Jai Courtney (Eric), Christian Madsen (Al), Miles Teller (Peter), Ben Lamb (Edward), Ben Lloyd Hughes (Will), Zoe Kravitz (Christina), Amy Newbold (Molly). Basically, the whole Dauntless gang.

And they were all awesome. What can I tell you? They were all SO GOOD in that scene. Every time! Which is probably why I was able to watch it so many times! Without getting tired of it! Exclamation points!

I feel like the gushing is becoming extreme, so I'm going to cut myself off. Basically, I came away with one thought at the end of the day, which is that this adaptation is incredibly thoughtful, from things like fabric and building materials and light fixtures to directing and casting and acting and script.

I want to say I can't wait until it's in theaters, but I can-- I want to take in as much of this process as I can, because it's amazing and I'm so fortunate to be able to watch it happen.

Now, to address something else-- the issue of Uriah. Some of you may have heard, and some may not, that Uriah won't be cast until the second movie, if we are fortunate enough to make another one. It is understandably disappointing when a favorite character doesn't make it on screen. However, what I do think is encouraging is that the people working on the movie are taking the role of Uriah so seriously and taking so much care to get him right.

And even though the particulars will be a little bit different, we still get the zipline scene, guys! Which I, for one, am really excited to see.

#87 2013-04-21 00:21:01

angelica101
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

roll
I mean someone else.

The main difference, I think, is:

- Fangirls are more obsessed and crazy and talkative about said subject matter.
- Fanboys are more defensive about said subject matters.

At least that's what I say.

I must say I agree

I can't stop thinking or talking about Nate Ruess
[/offtopic]

Help with music please!|Nate, new OC! Bye 1.4... We'll miss you! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/298/4/4/44c5a8acdd0f4bf07c2c5b86371ccfd3-d5ivtt4.gif
http://i40.tinypic.com/24xf442.png

Board footer