This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » BattlMon RPG Collab - Seasoned Scripters and Spriters wanted!

#176 2013-01-09 11:44:49

OrcaCat
Scratcher

Re: BattlMon RPG Collab - Seasoned Scripters and Spriters wanted!

sparky2008123 wrote:

BlackKyurem wrote:

wariobro wrote:

how about we add an Assignments section to the original post so everybody knows what they are supposed to be doing

How would that work? :U
Sorry I've been inactive, I've been posting on a different forum  tongue

Did anyone see Pokemon X and Y coming out October? THEY HAVE ALL NEW POKEMON!!!! Only i dunno if there is a new region.

It's a new region, based on France. There was an Eiffel Tower- like thing, and in the beginning of the video, it zooms in on Europe. The Pokemon world oddly looks like the real world...

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#177 2013-01-09 11:57:10

sparky2008123
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

BlackKyurem wrote:

How would that work? :U
Sorry I've been inactive, I've been posting on a different forum  tongue

Did anyone see Pokemon X and Y coming out October? THEY HAVE ALL NEW POKEMON!!!! Only i dunno if there is a new region.

It's a new region, based on France. There was an Eiffel Tower- like thing, and in the beginning of the video, it zooms in on Europe. The Pokemon world oddly looks like the real world...

Maybe it's the Opposite World, DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!
Ibet that in the movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, when they go to the Reverse World you might see yourself in the back ground. Wish they'd make one based on Australia or China, that'd be HUGE, though i've always wished that they would make one Pokemon game where you start in Kanto and go through all of the regions, but that'd be too big to put in one game, they could put three regions in one then in its counterpart they put the other three regions.* I've also wished that you could carry like 10 Pokemon rather than 6.

*Kanto, Johto, Hoenn in Ancient version. Sinnoh, Unova, and new region in Futuristic version

Where can I find the best book ever?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavjipQrj91rrpsd7.gif

#178 2013-01-10 17:57:40

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Maybe it's the Opposite World, DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!
Ibet that in the movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, when they go to the Reverse World you might see yourself in the back ground. Wish they'd make one based on Australia or China, that'd be HUGE, though i've always wished that they would make one Pokemon game where you start in Kanto and go through all of the regions, but that'd be too big to put in one game, they could put three regions in one then in its counterpart they put the other three regions.* I've also wished that you could carry like 10 Pokemon rather than 6.

*Kanto, Johto, Hoenn in Ancient version. Sinnoh, Unova, and new region in Futuristic version

Uh guys, sorry to ruin the discussion here, but this topic is for discussing/giving ideas/helping in general with the collabtongue

Anyway, can someone catch me up on the basic story so far?

Last edited by ProgrammingPro01 (2013-01-10 17:58:03)

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#179 2013-01-10 18:09:17

wariobro
Scratcher

I'm pretty sure nobodys talked about it in a while but trying not to be like Pokemon I thought it would be cool if your cousin takes you into the woods to show you his Battlmon and a Legendary appears. Your cousin grabs his camera and takes a picture of the Legendary as it vanishes. Later you take the picture to the local Battlmon Prof. who explains the Legendary and aids you on your Battlmon journey by giving you your first Battlmon.

#180 2013-01-10 18:17:36

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

wariobro wrote:

I'm pretty sure nobodys talked about it in a while but trying not to be like Pokemon I thought it would be cool if your cousin takes you into the woods to show you his Battlmon and a Legendary appears. Your cousin grabs his camera and takes a picture of the Legendary as it vanishes. Later you take the picture to the local Battlmon Prof. who explains the Legendary and aids you on your Battlmon journey by giving you your first Battlmon.

Hm. Interesting.

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#181 2013-01-10 19:07:53

wariobro
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

wariobro wrote:

Hm. Interesting.

And also I thought we could do something different than badges for defeating a gym leader such as rings/bracelets or something.

#182 2013-01-11 11:18:22

PlasticToad
Scratcher

wariobro wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

wariobro wrote:

Hm. Interesting.

And also I thought we could do something different than badges for defeating a gym leader such as rings/bracelets or something.

I like those ideas, the picture could be really blurry, only show a wing or something...
Oh! I finished that screenshot. Actually, I finished it a while ago but I never had a chance to upload it- here it is: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PlasticToad/3031757 (like sparky, I can't post links...  hmm )

I was thinking where to put the mythicals... (see my map for references- no link again  hmm ) I think the air type should be on top of Mt. Corona,
fire type- Mt. Dragon,
plant type- That big forest near Eagleton,
earth/rock type- the desert,
the water type could live in some undersea cave near the two islands at the bottom of the region.

Last edited by PlasticToad (2013-01-12 09:13:39)

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2m7y9s5.jpg

#183 2013-01-11 15:39:28

wariobro
Scratcher

PlasticToad wrote:

wariobro wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

Hm. Interesting.

I like those ideas, the picture could be really blurry, only show a wing or something...
Oh! I finished that screenshot. Actually, I finished it a while ago but I never had a chance to upload it- here it is: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PlasticToad/3031757 (like sparky, I can't post links...  hmm )

I was thinking where to put the legendaries... (see my map for references- no link again  hmm ) I think the air type should be on top of Mt. Corona,
fire type- Mt. Dragon,
the water type could live in some undersea cave near the two islands at the bottom of the region.

I like the ideas!

About the rings/ bracelets though, I was thinking that if all are collected, taken to a pyramid in the desert and inserted into the patterns on the side, the mysteries of the Battlmon will be revealed to the trainer such as:

Why are they here?
How did they get here?
Will they ever leave? and other questions

The trainer then becomes a Battlmon Master and a part of the elite group of Battlmon Masters(like the Elite Four) whom a trainer must beat in order to get the last ring, the Ultimate Ring. This is where the Pyro Stormers come in. This evil organization tries to steal Battlmon, create the ultimate criminal gang, destroy the Battlmon, and take over Neovia!

#184 2013-01-11 19:06:33

OrcaCat
Scratcher

It sounds a lot like Pokemon. Not that that's a bad thing. I like the name Pyro stormers, though click it --> big_smile

Last edited by OrcaCat (2013-01-11 19:10:03)

#185 2013-01-12 02:01:07

sparky2008123
Scratcher

wariobro wrote:

Dude, did you even read my storyline idea?
But yes that would be good.
And also they're not professors I guess cause it's too close to Pokemon and the legendaries are Mythicals

#186 2013-01-12 02:02:17

sparky2008123
Scratcher

PlasticToad wrote:

wariobro wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

Hm. Interesting.

I was thinking where to put the legendaries... (see my map for references- no link again  hmm ) I think the air type should be on top of Mt. Corona,
fire type- Mt. Dragon,

Yeah we can put links, just put [url= before the link and[/url]after it

#187 2013-01-12 07:45:23

wariobro
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

wariobro wrote:

And also they're not professors I guess cause it's too close to Pokemon and the legendaries are Mythicals

Yeah I read yours. It's good! That's why I took part of your storyline and added my own elements for others to build off of. The more ideas we have, the better this game could become and the better everyone feels about it!

#188 2013-01-12 09:15:45

PlasticToad
Scratcher

wariobro wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

wariobro wrote:

Yeah I read yours. It's good! That's why I took part of your storyline and added my own elements for others to build off of. The more ideas we have, the better this game could become and the better everyone feels about it!

yuh-huh!

#189 2013-01-12 21:36:05

OrcaCat
Scratcher

when gf clicked
bump this post to [top]

Last edited by OrcaCat (2013-01-12 21:39:46)

#190 2013-01-13 02:38:17

sparky2008123
Scratcher

wariobro wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

wariobro wrote:

Thanks! Sorry if I came off sounding rude, I didn't mean too.

#191 2013-01-13 07:11:43

PlasticToad
Scratcher

Has anyone finished that battle engine yet? I had an idea... :3
You know how we could have more than one version? Well I thought we could have a version with an overworld with fewer types, and a non-overworld version (you just click on battles and win them) with more types.

#192 2013-01-13 12:03:17

OrcaCat
Scratcher

PlasticToad wrote:

You know how we could have more than one version? Well I thought we could have a version with an overworld with fewer types, and a non-overworld version (you just click on battles and win them) with more types.

No one told me to work on the battle engine, could you give me the details?

#193 2013-01-14 02:00:31

PlasticToad
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

PlasticToad wrote:

No one told me to work on the battle engine, could you give me the details?

oh... Not really XP Pro said he might be doing something though

#194 2013-01-14 21:13:50

Rik408
Scratcher

My computer is infected with malware. I had 1 song that I made for this saved to my usb because I liked it. Ill upload it when I find my usb.

http://i.imgur.com/ILdKn.pnghttp://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/478756/food.gif

#195 2013-01-14 23:51:15

BlackKyurem
Scratcher

Rik408 wrote:

My computer is infected with malware. I had 1 song that I made for this saved to my usb because I liked it. Ill upload it when I find my usb.

Sorry about your computer being infected an everything. But thanks for trying to find the soundtrack  big_smile

inspirational quote as of now: anything you can imagine is real | Main Account: ProgrammingPro01
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1205/blackkyuremsig.png

#196 2013-01-15 19:45:12

wariobro
Scratcher

Here is my (un)finished fighting engine! Right now it only has one attack, but I just wanted to put it up on the collab.

Last edited by wariobro (2013-01-15 19:46:00)

#197 2013-01-16 13:52:37

sparky2008123
Scratcher

Hey Pro, I'm probably gonna be a bit inactive for a week or so cause I'm moving, well in the middle of moving so..... put my name in yellow or whatever the pro-inactive color is. (is it pro-inactive?)

#198 2013-01-16 23:10:34

BlackKyurem
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

Hey Pro, I'm probably gonna be a bit inactive for a week or so cause I'm moving, well in the middle of moving so..... put my name in yellow or whatever the pro-inactive color is. (is it pro-inactive?)

Semi-Inactive. And sure, when I can.

inspirational quote as of now: anything you can imagine is real | Main Account: ProgrammingPro01
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1205/blackkyuremsig.png

#199 2013-01-17 07:27:32

PlasticToad
Scratcher

How are we going to put this all together? Just a question XP

#200 2013-01-17 07:29:53

PlasticToad
Scratcher

OH OH OH THE 200TH POST I MUST HAVE! Sorry guys  wink

Anyway, I have a thing that can 'keep names', if you see what I mean. You tell your 'name' to the cat (Which would be Madam Amethyst or whoever in game) and they reply, then ask your "cousin's" name, and uses both to reply. At this point Gobo comes in, talks to you using both 'your' names, and teh thingy ends. Thank you. *pant pant*
This would be good in the game because it would mean that people can talk to you without asking you for your names all the time. Here's that link: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PlasticToad/3043557

Last edited by PlasticToad (2013-01-17 12:29:36)

• Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » BattlMon RPG Collab - Seasoned Scripters and Spriters wanted!

Board footer