This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » BattlMon RPG Collab - Seasoned Scripters and Spriters wanted!

#126 2012-12-31 14:52:28

sparky2008123
Scratcher

Re: BattlMon RPG Collab - Seasoned Scripters and Spriters wanted!

wiimaster wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Okay, I've got a bit of a storyline going and I want to know what you guys think about it:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BATTLMON. BATTLMON ARE WONDEROUS CREATURES CAPABLE OF ASTONISHING STRENGTH, SIZE, AND POWER. YOU HAVE JUST COME OF AGE TO GO OUT AND EXPLORE ALONGSIDE YOUR VERY OWN BATTLMON! SOON YOU’LL BE COLLECTING BATTLMON, EARNING EMBLEMS, AND WINNING BATTLES AGAINST FELLOW TRAINERS/TAMERS! NOW GO OUT AND EXPLORE THE WORLD OF BATTLMON!

You wake up in a cruise ship cabin, crossing the sea at a gentle pace. You go up to the deck of the ship.  Soon you see land rise up along the horizion. “Neovia ahoy, Captain!” a sailor shouts.
Once on land you meet your cousin, [vote on name], who takes you to Madam Amethyst’s [lab, house, etc.]. “Ah! You must be [enter your name]. I see [cousin’s name] has brought you for your BattlMon. Now just a minute” she goes through a door in the back and returns with [4/5] small [stones, orbs, diamonds?]. “Let me introduce you to your first BattlMon” Madam Amethyst says and she releases [4/5] strange creatures. [Fire, water, grass, air and earth types if 5, take one away if 4] “These are [fire type’s name] [water type’s name] [etc. etc.] So, which one do you choose?”
[choose your BattlMon] [cousin picks randomly or strongest against yours if possible]
“Good choices, these little ones will grow to be very strong someday. Now, here are three [stones, orbs, diamonds?] for each of you to capture more BattlMon in. You may purchase extras later at a local Grocers. And here are your Inclopedias [I spelled it like that on purpose], use them to track information about every BattlMon you encounter. You may also find them useful in suggesting powerful attacks you should teach to, and have your BattlMon use in battle. I wish you both the best of luc-“ [SUDDENLY EXPLOSION BLOWS UP WALL TO THE RIGHT AND THREE CLOAKED FIGURES ENTER]
“We’ll be taking those if you don’t mind Madam Amethyst” and they grab the remaining BattlMon. “We’d love to stay and chat but we got to run, and thanks for the gift!” the cloaked figures run off laughing. “Um… Ooo-kay” you say.  “Madam Amethyst, who were those guys?” your cousin asks. “Those guys, [cousin’s name], were none other than the Pyro Stormers. An evil organization bent on kidnapping innocent BattlMon and fusing them together to creature beasts of unimaginably evil power” [this is actually part of my Battlemon story I’m working on but I’ll let you use it, the fusing part] “Who would do such a thing?!” your cousin shouts in shock. “[your name]! We have to do something about this!” “Be careful you two, the Pyro Stormers are not to be messed with and I don’t think that they’ll let you two go without any harm done, to you or your BattlMon, just because of your youth. But I cannot stop you if this is what you wish to do. Just remember, capture powerful BattlMon, love them and raise them to be strong. And most importantly, never EVER lose faith in them” Madam Amethyst says. “Don’t worry Madam Amethyst! We’ll be ok. Won’t we [your name]?”

The areas in []s are parts that we need to decide on except for your name. So, what d'you think? It could use some tweaking here and there, maybe more believable characters but hey, this is a game not a book, the characters are never gonna be COMPLETELY believable.

EDIT: Madam Amethyst is my idea for a "Professor" and  instead of using tree names like in Pokemon I'm using gem names.

That sounds like an exact replica of every pokemon storyline  sad
Can't we be a BIT original?

It doesn't sound anything like a replica of every pokemon storyline! in black and white you start in your bedroom and choose a pokemon! in here you go on a ship and into a cottage where a Master lives. And we are being original!

Where can I find the best book ever?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavjipQrj91rrpsd7.gif

#127 2012-12-31 15:54:25

OrcaCat
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

This isn't a Pokemon game. It's BattlMon (strangely I made something in 2007 and continue it today that has the same name only with an 'e' and I have called claim to all the BattlMon I've created for this)
But good luck! You should make it a collab, they're fun!

I know this isn't real Pokemon, but it'll have similar gameplay.

You mean this ISN'T real Pokemon?

Oops, lol  smile

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#128 2012-12-31 15:59:28

OrcaCat
Scratcher

I realized that there STILL isn't a dolphin Pokemon. Every other "famous" animal (cat, dog, parrot, monkey, etc.) has a Pokemon (Meowth, Herrdier, Chatot, Primeape). There should be a dolphin BattlMon in this game.

#129 2012-12-31 16:21:02

wiimaster
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

How come it seems like wiimaster puts down every idea i come up with?

I am not putting it down, I am giving constructive criticism. Don't be so defensive, we are working on this as a team, naturally others will have opposing opinions.
I criticize your ideas because they aren't your ideas - you are slapping a lot of elements of pokemon onto this, and I thought we were trying to be original. If not, then I can't say I am too interested in this project, I've tried pokemon collabs on this website and none turn out well. And if you want it to be like pokemon, why not just make a pokemon game?
If you can't handle criticism, don't post ideas online. Simple as that.
If this type of complaining keeps up, I'm not to interested in working in this collab. I'm only here to help.

sparky2008123 wrote:

It doesn't sound anything like a replica of every pokemon storyline! in black and white you start in your bedroom and choose a pokemon! in here you go on a ship and into a cottage where a Master lives. And we are being original!

Yes it does. You are in a world filled with monsters to tame. You meet a professor who specializes in these monsters. You choose one. You have a rival/friend who automatically chooses something more powerful, presumably to use to fight you later. You get some devices that let you catch these monsters and some kind of index that stores data of these monsters and are sent out to catch them all. Suddenly, an evil team appears and does something dastardly 'evil' relating to these monsters. The only thing that is mainly different is the evil teams motive and method of evil - and every pokemon game varies in that. The fact that this storyline could be used as a pokemon one shows the similarities. Seriously - replace Battlmon with Pokemon, Amethyst with some tree name, and Inclopedia with Pokedex and there you go.

Last edited by wiimaster (2012-12-31 16:25:59)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#130 2012-12-31 17:57:20

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

How about: Boss monsters (they aren't like legendaries, just wait.) of a specific type are woken up after several years, and they are enraged and want to screw up time and space itself, and your job is to collect essence stones from them to put in the pedestal of legends to stop them and turn them back into their peaceful slumber state before they destroy Neovia

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#131 2012-12-31 19:48:52

sparky2008123
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

How come it seems like wiimaster puts down every idea i come up with?

I am not putting it down, I am giving constructive criticism. Don't be so defensive, we are working on this as a team, naturally others will have opposing opinions.
I criticize your ideas because they aren't your ideas - you are slapping a lot of elements of pokemon onto this, and I thought we were trying to be original. If not, then I can't say I am too interested in this project, I've tried pokemon collabs on this website and none turn out well. And if you want it to be like pokemon, why not just make a pokemon game?
If you can't handle criticism, don't post ideas online. Simple as that.
If this type of complaining keeps up, I'm not to interested in working in this collab. I'm only here to help.

sparky2008123 wrote:

Yes it does. You are in a world filled with monsters to tame. You meet a professor who specializes in these monsters. You choose one. You have a rival/friend who automatically chooses something more powerful, presumably to use to fight you later. You get some devices that let you catch these monsters and some kind of index that stores data of these monsters and are sent out to catch them all. Suddenly, an evil team appears and does something dastardly 'evil' relating to these monsters. The only thing that is mainly different is the evil teams motive and method of evil - and every pokemon game varies in that. The fact that this storyline could be used as a pokemon one shows the similarities. Seriously - replace Battlmon with Pokemon, Amethyst with some tree name, and Inclopedia with Pokedex and there you go.

Well look, it's supposed to be like Pokemon so it's obviously gonna seem similar. We need a professor, a rival, an evil organization, and gear. Otherwise we might as well not make this. Besides it was an IDEA. Not a concluded storyline, an IDEA. And besides, the types i suggested were ones that it thought peoplewould like. I was joking about the food type.
How else are we gonna make this if we don't make it a little similar to Pokemon, it is never going to be COMPLETELY original, i have repeated this time and again. I don't want you to leave this collab but you could be a little more encouraging.
Tons of ideas have been used in Pokemon that it is hard to come up with a simply original system. Besides, what are you going to use instead of an Inclopedia? A field guide?
And i was following Pro01's idea with the cousin. Why don't you make a storyline and see if it's easy.

#132 2012-12-31 19:49:58

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

How about: Boss monsters (they aren't like legendaries, just wait.) of a specific type are woken up after several years, and they are enraged and want to screw up time and space itself, and your job is to collect essence stones from them to put in the pedestal of legends to stop them and turn them back into their peaceful slumber state before they destroy Neovia

No offense but that's sorta like Dialga and Palkia. Especially with the stones and all... Gosh this is hard.

#133 2012-12-31 20:14:28

sparky2008123
Scratcher

Just posted three projects with 6 new BattlMon! See them through my profile, I can't add links yet and I'm too lazy to add them, even if i could.

#134 2012-12-31 20:29:32

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

No offense but that's sorta like Dialga and Palkia. Especially with the stones and all... Gosh this is hard.

It is? Sorry, I don't really think it is... and there will be a boss monster for every type instead of just 2. Plus, the stones are really gems, but they are called Essense stones

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#135 2012-12-31 20:46:40

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

It is? Sorry, I don't really think it is... and there will be a boss monster for every type instead of just 2. Plus, the stones are really gems, but they are called Essense stones

Okay, that isn't a lot like Dialga and Palkia then. And if you make them look like they're actually made of the element of their type then that would be COMPLETELY different.

Hey did you check out my new BattlMon?

#136 2012-12-31 21:48:49

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Okay, that isn't a lot like Dialga and Palkia then. And if you make them look like they're actually made of the element of their type then that would be COMPLETELY different.

Yeah, it was cool!

Bye 1.4!

#137 2013-01-01 04:20:45

PlasticToad
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Ohhh yesyes for the boss BattlMon being "made of their elements", i think its a great idea! So would they look like the regis maybe? (well, the earth types anyway) hmmm the plant/grass type boss could be a bit like a cross between Plant Coat Burmy and Tangrowth... Sort of all covered with leaves...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2m7y9s5.jpg

#138 2013-01-01 04:27:57

PlasticToad
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

I realized that there STILL isn't a dolphin Pokemon. Every other "famous" animal (cat, dog, parrot, monkey, etc.) has a Pokemon (Meowth, Herrdier, Chatot, Primeape). There should be a dolphin BattlMon in this game.

YES. This is what i have thought so many times! Platydelf, the dolphin/platypus BattlMon...  wink

#139 2013-01-01 12:02:12

sparky2008123
Scratcher

PlasticToad wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

YES. This is what i have thought so many times! Platydelf, the dolphin/platypus BattlMon...  wink

I could design one tomorrow and we can see if it's worthy of the name Platydelf or any other name you come up with!  smile

#140 2013-01-01 12:03:38

sparky2008123
Scratcher

PlasticToad wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

Ohhh yesyes for the boss BattlMon being "made of their elements", i think its a great idea! So would they look like the regis maybe? (well, the earth types anyway) hmmm the plant/grass type boss could be a bit like a cross between Plant Coat Burmy and Tangrowth... Sort of all covered with leaves...

Well, maybe we shouldn't make them like the regis but give me a type (one of the five we're using for the basic version) and I can make my idea for one, then i'll post it in a few days and you can see if that's what you want, i think i'll do plant type.

#141 2013-01-01 13:12:54

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

PlasticToad wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Well, maybe we shouldn't make them like the regis but give me a type (one of the five we're using for the basic version) and I can make my idea for one, then i'll post it in a few days and you can see if that's what you want, i think i'll do plant type.

(@plastictoad) I wasn't thinking of a golem type BattlMon. I think all bosses should live in the habitat of their element,
Examples:
Boss Water Monster in an Ocean, and can look like a giant whale
Boss Grass Monster in a Forest, and can look like some sort of gigantic living tree.
Boss Electric Monster in an Abandoned Power Plant, and can look like a bunch of wires wrapped together
etc etc

Last edited by ProgrammingPro01 (2013-01-01 13:14:01)

Bye 1.4!

#142 2013-01-01 13:29:27

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

PlasticToad wrote:

(@plastictoad) I wasn't thinking of a golem type BattlMon. I think all bosses should live in the habitat of their element,
Examples:
Boss Grass Monster in a Forest, and can look like some sort of gigantic living tree.
Boss Electric Monster in an Abandoned Power Plant, and can look like a bunch of wires wrapped together
etc etc

So Boss Fire type would be either a colossal turtle with a volcano for a shell? (i actually made this last year)
Or some giant flaming rock or bear.
And the Thunder Boss would be designed like Vortexis? With wires coiling around? But if it's in an abandon power plant that would be like Zapdos, maybe it could live atop the biggest mountain in the country and it's battling the Ice Boss? So you find two at once. And how're we gonna fix the capture feature. I mean how will we make a BattlMon go into a stone, orb, diamond and then into a PC, [Protection Case].

#143 2013-01-01 14:04:28

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Examples:
etc etc

So Boss Fire type would be either a colossal turtle with a volcano for a shell? (i actually made this last year)
And the Thunder Boss would be designed like Vortexis? With wires coiling around? But if it's in an abandon power plant that would be like Zapdos, maybe it could live atop the biggest mountain in the country and it's battling the Ice Boss? So you find two at once. And how're we gonna fix the capture feature. I mean how will we make a BattlMon go into a stone, orb, diamond and then into a PC, [Protection Case].

Good ideas!

Bye 1.4!

#144 2013-01-02 02:06:39

sparky2008123
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

Examples:
etc etc

Good ideas!

Thanks Pro01!
One of my friends MIGHT join this, oh and thanks for the three stars master rank, sensei
LOL

#145 2013-01-02 05:46:20

PlasticToad
Scratcher

Oh, btw i wont be active until sunday, maybe monday

#146 2013-01-02 09:15:21

wiimaster
Scratcher

sparky2008123 wrote:

Why don't you make a storyline and see if it's easy.

Do you actually want me to or are you being sarcastic? Because I can have a go at writing one if you'd like.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#147 2013-01-02 14:25:13

sparky2008123
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

sparky2008123 wrote:

Why don't you make a storyline and see if it's easy.

Do you actually want me to or are you being sarcastic? Because I can have a go at writing one if you'd like.

Well... I'm not sure if i was being sarcastic or not.... At first it was meant to be sarcastic but now it's a little in between....
But I think I'll try and fix mine up so it isn't "completely the same as Pokemon". (T_T)

#148 2013-01-02 14:44:15

OrcaCat
Scratcher

I'm going to stop checking this post because you don't need any scripting to be done yet. Just comment on one of my projects when you are ready.

#149 2013-01-02 14:54:38

sparky2008123
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

I'm going to stop checking this post because you don't need any scripting to be done yet. Just comment on one of my projects when you are ready.

Okey-dokey artichokey

#150 2013-01-02 19:04:44

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

Sparky, can I change your status to green? You've been quite active lately.

Bye 1.4!

• Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » BattlMon RPG Collab - Seasoned Scripters and Spriters wanted!

Board footer