This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2013-03-14 21:10:20

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

Re: Ideas For Pokemon Games?

HotCocoa28 wrote:

Cozyhut3 wrote:

Please, try not to overuse the blocks.  wink

But anywho, a more in-depth version of Pokemon Rumble would be amazing. With jumping, swimming, rope-swinging, while still retaining two attacks. Perhaps a better story, (I didn't play SPR/PRB, but I heard the story wasn't very good) combined with type-themed towns (say, a grass-type town where grass pokemon live and grow berries) and emotional plot twists a la Mystery Dungeon, and you have a game I'd buy on a heartbeat.  big_smile

Seriously though, Nintendo...

You must and you will, because you can. :3

Also nintendo, PLEASE ADD LEVELING. I'm sick of having to throw away my favorite pokemon.

Oh, that too.

#27 2013-03-28 23:46:23

trinininja
New Scratcher

here poke builders check this out http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1531531#p1531531

#28 2013-03-29 06:51:32

NeilWest
Scratcher

trinininja wrote:

here poke builders check this out http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1531531#p1531531

Please don't advertise outside of the Show and Tell forums.

#29 2013-04-01 11:17:57

luigiracer2000
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

You know what we need? For HAL Labratory to make a 3D Pokemon RPG battle game, similar to Brawl but in open world. Basically, you catch Pokemon by using Poke Balls (as usual) and they have 2-4 natural moves. You can use these by pressing A, B, X or Y accordingly and can change their designated button if you want. You use these attacks to hurt Pokemon - and pressing L or R will allow you to dodge them. Using Protect will give you 100% chance of a successful dodge (normal is 30%) instead of an automatic dodge. You can also explore the world in a similar engine as you would when battling. Think of it like Legend of Zelda, but instead of you fighting - it's a Pokemon. You are in the Johto area (my favourite) and you want to defeat the Elite Four, and find out whether the Elite Champion really has kidnapped your sister. All in all, it's a 3D Pokemon game with a gameplay like Legend of Zelda and/or Kingdom Hearts. NOW MAKE IT.

Like Paper Mario?

Floor Ice-cream Gives You Health!!!

#30 2013-04-01 14:25:48

NeilWest
Scratcher

luigiracer2000 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

You know what we need? For HAL Labratory to make a 3D Pokemon RPG battle game, similar to Brawl but in open world. Basically, you catch Pokemon by using Poke Balls (as usual) and they have 2-4 natural moves. You can use these by pressing A, B, X or Y accordingly and can change their designated button if you want. You use these attacks to hurt Pokemon - and pressing L or R will allow you to dodge them. Using Protect will give you 100% chance of a successful dodge (normal is 30%) instead of an automatic dodge. You can also explore the world in a similar engine as you would when battling. Think of it like Legend of Zelda, but instead of you fighting - it's a Pokemon. You are in the Johto area (my favourite) and you want to defeat the Elite Four, and find out whether the Elite Champion really has kidnapped your sister. All in all, it's a 3D Pokemon game with a gameplay like Legend of Zelda and/or Kingdom Hearts. NOW MAKE IT.

Like Paper Mario?

Sort of - but more like Kingdom Hearts.

#31 2013-04-01 14:45:51

soupoftomato
Scratcher

They need to seriously progress the games by now.

The last I heard of X and Y the big addition will be third person 3D (and the expected new Pokemon).

Why not like seriously revamp some things once in a while? They make so many games they can afford to mess up one thing in a title if they take a risk, and then fix it the next.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#32 2013-04-01 14:47:01

banana500
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

The last I heard of X and Y the big addition will be third person 3D (and the expected new Pokemon).

Why not like seriously revamp some things once in a while? They make so many games they can afford to mess up one thing in a title if they take a risk, and then fix it the next.

Well if you take into consideration, there are some of the console games (like Pokemon Colosseum). Those actually introduced brand new game mechanics, so X and Y are not the first 3D games.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#33 2013-04-01 15:04:08

NeilWest
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Why mess with success?

But I agree, one or two major changes would be nice in every title.

#34 2013-04-02 10:48:18

luigiracer2000
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

luigiracer2000 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

Like Paper Mario?

How about the ability to bring your friends into the game (Like Gen V's Entralink, but with more options) where you can walk in the same game, and if you cross paths you could talk to each other to offer a battle/trade?
and the ability to use your Mii instead of the trainer.

Floor Ice-cream Gives You Health!!!

#35 2013-04-02 15:18:42

NeilWest
Scratcher

luigiracer2000 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

luigiracer2000 wrote:

Like Paper Mario?

How about the ability to bring your friends into the game (Like Gen V's Entralink, but with more options) where you can walk in the same game, and if you cross paths you could talk to each other to offer a battle/trade?

YES. YES. YES!

#36 2013-04-02 17:59:43

Shadow36821
Scratcher

I dont know if it is possible, but if you use Visual Boy there could be a way to edit the code but I have no Idea if it works.

Last edited by Shadow36821 (2013-04-02 18:00:12)

#37 2013-04-02 20:16:51

Hyperbola
Scratcher

Why was this moved to project ideas? I don't think it's about scratch.

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#38 2013-04-03 14:40:25

sonicstar779
New Scratcher

I say, don't bother. Get a proper game-boy advanced. I have one with Pokemon ruby and sapphire, and they are both brilliant!  smile

#39 2013-04-03 14:48:12

sonicstar779
New Scratcher

luigiracer2000's signature says:

Floor Ice-cream Gives you Health!!!

Is this taken from Kid Icarus Uprising 3ds? I have that game!

#40 2013-04-05 14:37:18

EdgeGamer
Scratcher

@above That's off topic.

luigiracer2000 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

luigiracer2000 wrote:

Like Paper Mario?

Forget that, let us go on huge co-op adventures together were every battle becomes a double battle! Let my brother and I challenge gyms together!

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=EdgeGamer&action=onlineStatus&onlinehttp://i46.tinypic.com/jjpkeg.gif&offline=http://i49.tinypic.com/2mg05ki.gif

Board footer