This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2013-01-04 18:43:05

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Re: The Lost Scrolls|A Scratch RPG

Pixainia wrote:

ANNOUNCEMENT!!: The next version will be delayed as I have run into a strange glitch. All data in the project is breaking! Variables lose their value and become worthless. Broadcasts don't register and the sprites aren't even showing up on the screen because the variables are all messed up!
I am trying my best to fix the glitch but I am fighting a losing battle. Anyone have tips?

EDIT: I'm a SCRATCHER!!  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile  I can edit posts now! And post links! AND have a signature!!!  big_smile

That sounds scary!  sad 
I don't know what to do, you may need to delete it and make a new version.

Congrats! smile

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#52 2013-01-04 19:47:11

Pixainia
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Pixainia wrote:

ANNOUNCEMENT!!: The next version will be delayed as I have run into a strange glitch. All data in the project is breaking! Variables lose their value and become worthless. Broadcasts don't register and the sprites aren't even showing up on the screen because the variables are all messed up!
I am trying my best to fix the glitch but I am fighting a losing battle. Anyone have tips?

EDIT: I'm a SCRATCHER!!  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile  I can edit posts now! And post links! AND have a signature!!!  big_smile

That sounds scary!  sad 
I don't know what to do, you may need to delete it and make a new version.

Congrats! smile

I probably will just delete my progress and restart. All I've done is fix some glitches and make a pause button, plus the spell inventory is now in the game. But I'll restart.

#53 2013-01-04 19:52:18

kayybee
Scratcher

I usually don't encounter bugs or glitches with the scratch program so you should search in the bugs and glitches forum to see if you can find your solution to fix it there

is your text disappearing?

and I'm returning home tomorrow so I should have a song ready soon but I also have homework and then school so I'll see when I can get it done

you shouldn't be in a rush, right? because you want to add it after 2.0?
so if you want to make it faster just give me a list of the songs we need with as much detail as possible (or none if it doesn't matter)

also include the length of the songs

is a 30-60 second loop good?, with a several second intro?

Last edited by kayybee (2013-01-04 19:53:10)

#54 2013-01-04 19:58:17

Pixainia
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

I usually don't encounter bugs or glitches with the scratch program so you should search in the bugs and glitches forum to see if you can find your solution to fix it there

is your text disappearing?

and I'm returning home tomorrow so I should have a song ready soon but I also have homework and then school so I'll see when I can get it done

you shouldn't be in a rush, right? because you want to add it after 2.0?
so if you want to make it faster just give me a list of the songs we need with as much detail as possible (or none if it doesn't matter)

also include the length of the songs

is a 30-60 second loop good?, with a several second intro?

I've seen the text bug before, but the text is just fine with this glitch.

And no, I'm not in a rush, I just know that the team has a lot to do and we should try to get it done as soon as possible.

I think that about 80 seconds would be pretty good, including the intro.

Last edited by Pixainia (2013-01-04 20:00:04)

#55 2013-01-05 16:29:06

Pixainia
Scratcher

I have some more ideas for the game if you guys are willing to accept them. So maybe we can have quests that earn money when you complete them. We will also have an experience bar.
I'm thinking we should change up the game a bit by changing the character. Instead of a wizards suit, he should have a hero's suit. Maybe you can choose your color as a slight character customization feature.
Anyway, I'm resetting the version I was working on and re-adding the inventory.

#56 2013-01-05 16:41:47

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Pixainia wrote:

I have some more ideas for the game if you guys are willing to accept them. So maybe we can have quests that earn money when you complete them. We will also have an experience bar.
I'm thinking we should change up the game a bit by changing the character. Instead of a wizards suit, he should have a hero's suit. Maybe you can choose your color as a slight character customization feature.
Anyway, I'm resetting the version I was working on and re-adding the inventory.

Sounds cool!

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#57 2013-01-05 17:05:14

Pixainia
Scratcher

#58 2013-01-05 18:22:32

kayybee
Scratcher

all non-programmers should be beta-testers, right?

#59 2013-01-05 19:07:11

Pixainia
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

all non-programmers should be beta-testers, right?

Sure! If you'd like, you can check out the most recent version and then report glitches. Thanks!

#60 2013-01-05 21:06:21

CopperHawk
Scratcher

So, I was thinking that a really useful thing to have is a teleporting spell. That way, you can travel to places you've visited without having to run all the way back! big_smile

#61 2013-01-05 22:35:46

Pixainia
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

So, I was thinking that a really useful thing to have is a teleporting spell. That way, you can travel to places you've visited without having to run all the way back! big_smile

We will have portals in locations so when you touch the portal it activates and you can travel from portal to portal.

#62 2013-01-05 23:03:42

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Pixainia wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

We will have portals in locations so when you touch the portal it activates and you can travel from portal to portal.

Great! smile

#63 2013-01-07 12:12:13

Pixainia
Scratcher

The current version was just reviewed by iaoumeur! It got a really high rating! I thank you all for joining this collab and helping out! We're doing really good!

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'd been on Scratch a while before I created an account. I came up with the idea for Pixainia and decided to make an account and start a collab. I named the account after the game name.
Now I think the game should not be called Pixainia~The Lost Scrolls, because you guys have been helping so much I don't think the name should be my username. I think The Lost Scrolls is a fine name and I also think we should change it.
Who votes we should change the name?

#64 2013-01-07 12:29:11

stor
Scratcher

Can I do music and ideas?

http://i49.tinypic.com/symb8z.jpg

#65 2013-01-07 12:44:58

Pixainia
Scratcher

stor wrote:

Sure! I'll add you to the members list. Can you make some happy sounding music for the grassy places?

#66 2013-01-07 12:48:21

Pixainia
Scratcher

Firedrake has been removed from the members list due to in-activeness in this collaboration! There is now an open spot in programming!

#67 2013-01-07 12:51:52

stor
Scratcher

Pixainia wrote:

stor wrote:

Sure! I'll add you to the members list. Can you make some happy sounding music for the grassy places?

I'll see what I can do!

#68 2013-01-07 13:02:36

stor
Scratcher

#69 2013-01-07 13:27:16

Pixainia
Scratcher

It's good but when you do music that means you are an composer. kayybee is the other composer and he creates the songs. We might have some borrowed music but we are mostly composing our own. Plus mario music doesn't really fit the theme of the game. Perhaps you should play the current version of the game before you start making music so you can get a feel of what the music should be.
If you are not experienced with composing and joined the music group as a misunderstanding, then you are welcome to leave the music group and stay in ideas. If you are good at composing then you can stay in music and start making songs.
Thanks! ~Pixainia.

#70 2013-01-07 14:01:28

stor
Scratcher

Pixainia wrote:

It's good but when you do music that means you are an composer. kayybee is the other composer and he creates the songs. We might have some borrowed music but we are mostly composing our own. Plus mario music doesn't really fit the theme of the game. Perhaps you should play the current version of the game before you start making music so you can get a feel of what the music should be.
If you are not experienced with composing and joined the music group as a misunderstanding, then you are welcome to leave the music group and stay in ideas. If you are good at composing then you can stay in music and start making songs.
Thanks! ~Pixainia.

I don't make my own music, well, sometimes I do but it's no good, I'm more a database for old video game music.

#71 2013-01-07 14:26:51

iaoumeur
Scratcher

Could I be a tester, (what do you do as a tester?) I like looking at projects and suggesting improvements.

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#72 2013-01-07 16:18:33

ethwok
Scratcher

i'll do anyhting, if there are still spots open

http://displaypicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Animals-12.jpg
I AM ETHWOK

#73 2013-01-07 17:19:27

Pixainia
Scratcher

iaoumeur wrote:

Could I be a tester, (what do you do as a tester?) I like looking at projects and suggesting improvements.

A tester just looks at the newest version of the game and reports glitches. Sure you can be one!

#74 2013-01-07 17:20:31

Pixainia
Scratcher

ethwok wrote:

i'll do anyhting, if there are still spots open

There is a spot for composer, a spot for programming, and spots for ideas and beta testing.

#75 2013-01-07 19:34:20

kayybee
Scratcher

I think the name is fine, but if you want to change it, The Lost Scrolls sounds good too.
Should I do the grassy music?
Egyptian sounding music is hard when you're not an Egyptian  tongue

I got several lines though.

And should the grass be peaceful or adventurous? Or both?

Board footer