This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-11-24 15:41:30

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

Favorite Pokemon from each Gen and favorite Gens in order?

Title says all! Just say which pokemon is your favorite from each gen, and if you want, you can list your favorite gens in order!
My personal lists are:

GEN 1: Starmie (Huge movepool, and fantastic stats)

GEN 2: Typhlosion (Just always been a favorite, like the design, stats and movepool)

GEN 3: Cradily (Now here's an odd one. I haven't been using one for too long but I love how defensive in both sp.def and def it can be and how it can just heal, heal and heal.)

GEN 4: Torterra (For being the first starter I've ever picked, it grew on me. Love the stats, typing and overall look)

GEN 5: Chandelure (Tough choice, but I'm in love with it's sp.atk and it's typing, and am drooling at the thought of it's dream world ability, shadow tag, which hasn't been released yet.)

For favorite Gens, it'd have to be: (From least liked to most)

GEN 1 (Got the series started, some nice pokemon but overally designs I thought were lazy, and have you ever seen how many glitches are in these games? Still good games, but definitely my least favorite.

GEN 2 (The pokemon ideas got better, the idea of going to two regions was great, but overall pretty easy games and also spawned a lot of horrible pokemon, like corsola and dunsparce)

GEN 4 (My first gen I played all the way through, I love the mechanics like the poketch, but hate most of the pokemon, music and characters)

GEN 3 (I first hated this gen, but now admire it for it's awesome pokemon, great locations, fantastic music and awesome legendaries)

GEN 5 (Love at first sight. I do admit some of the designs and pokmone are bad, but so many are good! The region was a joy to explore and had the most replayablity for me)

Well feel free to share your own opinion! Unless you're a genwunner. Then please don't post unless you have something positive to say.

"I just had a staring contest with a wall!"

#2 2012-11-24 16:04:37

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

Re: Favorite Pokemon from each Gen and favorite Gens in order?

Gen 1: Definitely Blastoise, I used to always pick his first evolution as a starter every time I played.

Gen 2: Same as you, Typhlosion.  tongue  Typhlosion has won the placing of my favorite starter before Black/White came out. He now places as my 2nd favorite starter, but my favorite Pokemon from Gen 2.

Gen 3: Totally easy. Latios, with no doubt, either. The starters didn't really appeal to me that well, but It was worth the time to get this legendary.
Plus he's a mix of my two favorite types, flying and psychic.

Gen 4: I don't know... it's a tie between Empoleon and Torterra. But if I had to choose,  it has to be Torterra.

Gen 5: Snivy.  I don't like first evolution much, but I liked Snivy's Design. Plus it has good moves on it's final evolution, like leaf blade and leaf storm.

Favorite gens in order? Hm.

1st Favorite: GEN 2. It was the first generation I've played, and I've really come to like it.

2nd Favorite: GEN 3: Again, because of the legendaries. I don't usually pick gens for their legendaries, but I've been such a fan of Latios and Latias.
I also herd you liek mudkipz

3rd Favorite: GEN 5: I love the new 3d aspect added to it, and the graphics just appeal to me. Plus, some of the designs are cool.

4th Favorite: GEN 4: Eh, I wasn't a real huge fan of this generation... some of the designs, moves, music, and locations didn't really appeal to me.

Last favorite: GEN 1: I don't know. I don't know much about this generation, I've only played a game from this generation once, and that was Blue.
Plus, too many glitches, man.

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#3 2012-11-24 16:06:55

spongebob123
Scratcher

Is it bad that I pick favorite Pokemon based on their designs?

GEN 1: GROWLITHE ALL THE WAAAY.

GEN 2: Hmm. Chikorita  big_smile 

GEN 3: Masquerain because ahhhh the design <3

GEN 4: Giratina or Arceus

GEN 5: Nope I can't choose but probably Whimsicott or Darumaka or Sandile or......

GEN 1-3 Never played em, can't judge.

GEN 4: Pretty good, but not much replay value for it. Pokemon Diamond was the first ever Pokemon game I played, so I do like gen 4. Its locations were pretty cool, and I liked the whole Distortion World thing.

GEN 5: Do I need to say anything. I can play this over and over again, and for me it's the most exciting adventure. Pokemon B/W 2 is a great "after the original hero" game, and doesn't feel recycled at all.

#4 2012-11-24 20:08:29

Wes64
Scratcher

ok well here goes nothing, i might have a hard time remembering which gen a pokemon is from because they all blend together after a while...

1. charizard
its just the nostalgia here, its pretty bad during battles; at least for some balance it can learn solarbeam, and power herb helps

2. smeargle
with good choices you can get such a beast. baton pass is wonderful, shell smash gets your offensive stats up quickly, healing wish is great when you're in a rut, and transform can mix things up

3. gorebyss
my next-favorite baton passer, it gets shell smash and has not-too-shabby defenses; also its special attack isnt bad; ice beam never goes wrong

4. garchomp
excellent all around sweeping. too bad about the 4x ice weakness though.

5. (tie) mienshao
excellent sweeping, drain punch and regenerator are awesome, it also gets baton pass and swords dance

___
i dont express favoritism toward any generation, ill say gen 3 is the most nostalgic and gen 5 is probably the best in terms of gameplay

Experienced 2.0 Tester: Ask me questions!
Using Firefox 13.0, Flash plugin version 11.4.402.287, and Windows XP Professional.

#5 2012-11-25 01:44:12

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

Here are my favorites:

POKEMON:

Gen 1: Dragonite
good to great stats all around, while still maintaining that high attack that you won't find anywhere else but the dragon type. Dragonite also suffers only three weaknesses, (dragon, ice, rock) two of which are rather uncommon (dragon and ice).

Gen 2: Alakazam & Shuckle (tie)
Alakazam to this day boasts one of the highest Sp. Atk. stats and Speed stats in the entire game. It also has a good movepool that plays to its strengths.
Shuckle is quite the opposite, boasting some of the best Def. and Sp. Def in the series. It is a renowned staller, and has a defensive/stalling movepool.

Gen 3: Metagross
one of the strongest pokemon ever, in both attack and defense. Metagross sports an excellent movepool, as well.

Gen 4: Gallade & Lucario (tie)
Gallade is very unusual, with a high variety of moves and types strewn about its extensive movepool. A well trained Gallade with the right moves will certainly catch your opponent off guard.
Lucario has high Atk. and Sp. Atk, which means just about any attacking move you pick from its extensive movepool will do you some good. This makes Lucario very versatile, and it has potential to get you out of many tough spots.

Gen 5: Hydreigon
Its high Sp. Atk, Speed, and good movepool make for a great pokemon.

GENERATIONS:

This isn't really a fair fight, considering all of the bugs that have been ironed out and all of the new pokemon and features that have been added since Gen 1. My favorite gen is definitely 3, as it is just awesome, and the Battle Frontier in Emerald version adds a WHOLE LOT of replay value, as it is, in my eyes, the most challenging, fun, and competitive. (the BF on Platinum, upwards is a complete joke in comparison).

Last edited by SiLeNtScRaTcH (2012-11-25 01:46:32)

Check out my Pokemon Emerald Version Playthrough!
https://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=YdvJc8ggiqg

#6 2012-11-25 01:52:13

veggieman001
Scratcher

My favourite is Snorlax and he's in every generation, so Snorlax.
My favourite generations, in order:
III
I
II
IV
V

#7 2012-11-25 03:18:30

NeilWest
Scratcher

I've only played Gen 4 so Luxray.

#8 2012-11-25 12:10:24

haxcharsol
Scratcher

Pokemon:
Gen 1: Charizard (I love him. I always pick him in the first generation. Since he's fire/flying, ground moves does'nt affect him.)

Gen 2: Quilava (My favorite pokemon over all. I like the way it looks and it learns eruption.)

Gen 3: Absol (I really judged just on looks for this one. Although he does have the ability Pressure and he learns Psycho Cut.)

Gen 4: Arceus (Self explanatory. It can beat almost any pokemon in one shot if it's  the right type.)

Gen 5: Haxorous ( I have multiple reasons.
1. Looks: It honestly is probably the coolest design of this generation.
2. Type: It's a dragon type, so it's very powerful.
3. Name: My username is literally named after him. HAXcharsol.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ratings in order:

II
I
IV
V
III (haven't played.)

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#9 2012-11-25 14:13:22

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Haxcharsol wrote:

3. Name: My username is literally named after him. HAXcharsol.

I thought that was a coincidence...

#10 2012-11-25 14:18:31

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

Cocoa. You- came- to the forums- THANKS, BUDDY. ;^;

Anywho, probably Cubone, Cyndaquil, MUDKIP, Turtwig, and... Tepig.  big_smile

#11 2012-11-25 15:02:52

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

Cozyhut3 wrote:

Cocoa. You- came- to the forums- THANKS, BUDDY. ;^;

Anywho, probably Cubone, Cyndaquil, MUDKIP, Turtwig, and... Tepig.  big_smile

I was bored and decided to try using them again. When I found the pokemon discussions, I got hooked. I needed someone to talk to about pokemon...

#12 2012-11-25 15:37:50

Luigitailsdoll45
Scratcher

PKMN:
1: Dragonite
2: Entei
3: Mudkip
4: Shaymin
5: Litwick
GENS:

Derpcepticon.

#13 2012-11-25 17:59:03

haxcharsol
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

Haxcharsol wrote:

3. Name: My username is literally named after him. HAXcharsol.

I thought that was a coincidence...

Nope.
HAXorous
CHARizard
AbSOL
haxcharsol.

Last edited by haxcharsol (2012-11-25 18:01:04)

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#14 2013-03-12 10:48:51

NathanMoon
Scratcher

GEN 1: This one is tough, but I'm going with Mewtwo. He is an amazing pokemon and one of my favorite characters to play as in Brawl. However, it's not worth it to get to him in Pokemon FireRed.

GEN 2: Houndoom's design is just so amazing that it guarantees this spot alone. Now I just have to catch one to see if its skills back it up.

GEN 3: This is extremely tough. I can't decide between Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, or Rayquaza, so I'll just go over why I like them all.
Blaziken: Such fury and power in a pokemon is amazing. Blaziken is fast and strong, two things I appreciate in a character.
Swampert: My favorite starter pokemon. I love choosing Mudkip and raising it into the powerhouse known as Swampert. It has a wealth of powerful attacks and can easily destroy just about any pokemon not resistant to it (and even that's not a guarantee).
Gardevoir: There is just something about the combination of beauty and strength that makes Gardevoir so much fun to use. Not to mention the amazing reward of putting up with Ralts, using Calm Mind to up your stats, then blasting your enemies with Psychic.
Rayquaza: Who doesn't like Rayquaza? I always use my Master Ball on him. He is virtually the guardian of the Earth from world-threatening powers. He can learn a great variety of moves, and his high stat total make sure you are never disappointed.

GEN 4: Lucario. Lucario is like the pokemon equivalent of a Jedi. He is powerful. He is fearless. He is always calm and can use the aura to many different ends. Enough said.

GEN 5: I choose Haxorus for its high attack, awesome design, and its ability "Rivalry", which doubles damage to about half the pokemon you battle.

Warning: Video Game Jedi Master

#15 2013-03-12 12:55:54

NeilWest
Scratcher

My favourite Pokemon from each Gen:

I - Mew
Looks amazing and with the right moveset, can make everything amazing.

II - Celebi
A grass and psychic Pokemon is always great - seeing as Celebi is the only one.

III - Gardevoir
Another psychic, but really powerful and looks cool.

IV - Luxray
Everyone knows I love Luxray, and for a good reason. A awesome design with some really powerful moves - and it's available pretty early in the game (if you can evolve a Shinx).

V - Zekrom
I dunno why, but I don't like Gen V - but I was really happy to find an Electric/Dragon pokemon - finally!

#16 2013-03-12 13:20:14

soniku3
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

My favourite Pokemon from each Gen:

I - Mew
Looks amazing and with the right moveset, can make everything amazing.

II - Celebi
A grass and psychic Pokemon is always great - seeing as Celebi is the only one.

III - Gardevoir
Another psychic, but really powerful and looks cool.

IV - Luxray
Everyone knows I love Luxray, and for a good reason. A awesome design with some really powerful moves - and it's available pretty early in the game (if you can evolve a Shinx).

V - Zekrom
I dunno why, but I don't like Gen V - but I was really happy to find an Electric/Dragon pokemon - finally!

Try the games first.  tongue

internet's all about cats today.

#17 2013-03-13 22:42:01

banana500
Scratcher

Gen I: Clefable
Gen II: Typhlosion
Gen III: Rayquaza
Gen IV: don't have any because I hate this gen!
Gen V: Haxorus

Favorite Gens:
Gen III (if you count FireRed, other than that, Emerald is awesome and the one I grew up with, no I did not grow up with Gen IV like most of you)
Gen I (i don't know why you people hate this one, you're just too spoiled!)
Gen V (this one I must say had the most creative Pokedex)
Gen II (it's all right, i've never been able to play through it fully before though)
Gen IV (hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it (except for HeartGold))

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#18 2013-03-14 01:11:11

blazerv82
Scratcher

I don't play the favorite game, but i do enjoy what every generation of Pokemon has brought to the table

That being said, a certain grass starter in gen five has higher priority than most others

Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, Closer To God, The Downward Spiral, Further Down The Spiral, The Perfect Drug, The Fragile, And All That Could Have Been, With Teeth, Year Zero, Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D, Ghosts I-IV, The Slip, Pretty Hate Machine 2010

#19 2013-03-14 07:23:29

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Gen I: Clefable
Gen II: Typhlosion
Gen III: Rayquaza
Gen IV: don't have any because I hate this gen!
Gen V: Haxorus

Favorite Gens:
Gen III (if you count FireRed, other than that, Emerald is awesome and the one I grew up with, no I did not grow up with Gen IV like most of you)
Gen I (i don't know why you people hate this one, you're just too spoiled!)
Gen V (this one I must say had the most creative Pokedex)
Gen II (it's all right, i've never been able to play through it fully before though)
Gen IV (hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it (except for HeartGold))

As for why people hate gen I, it depends how you look at it. If you include fire red and leaf green, it is fine, but on it's own it is glitch ridden, unbalanced as all heck and on a personal note I don't like most of the designs. You may disagree on the designs, but the balancing issues and glitches are undisputed.

And don't you dare say I was spoiled, the first game I ever played was red.

#20 2013-03-14 15:36:06

wreckitralph
Scratcher

1st gen Pikachu

#21 2013-03-25 15:39:48

soniku3
Scratcher

wreckitralph wrote:

1st gen Pikachu

no way dude gen 1 is bad.

#22 2013-03-25 15:56:18

Animeboy975
Scratcher

GEN 1: Meowth (great stats and movepool)
GEN 2: Togetic (My all-time favorite pokemon.)
GEN 3:Shroomish (GREAT stats, just great.)
GEN 4:Staraptor (GREAT, like shroomish)
GEN 5:Dewott (great again)

All gens have their ups and downs.
Gen 1: Best gym leaders
Gen 2: Best pokemon
Gen 3: Best music
Gen 4: Best region design
Gen 5: Best storyline

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#23 2013-03-25 19:23:32

wiimaster
Scratcher

GEN 1: Dragonair

GEN 2: Piloswine

GEN 3: Too hard. My top five are:
-Sceptile
-Blaziken
-Shiftry
-Dusklops
-Ninjask

GEN 4: Another hard one. Top five:
-Torterra
-Empoleon
-Staraptor
-Luxray
-Garchomp

GEN 5: Definitely Chandelure, but I have tons of runners-up:
Dewott
Simisage
Zebstrika
Sandile
Cofarigus
Carracosta
Reuniclus
Galvantula
Braviary
Heatmor

Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure are my favorite pokemon of all time though.

Last edited by wiimaster (2013-03-30 11:04:13)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#24 2013-03-25 19:41:43

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

GEN 1: Dragonair

GEN 2: Piloswine

GEN 3: Too hard. My top five are:
-Sceptile
-Blaziken
-Shiftry
-Ninjask
-Tropius

GEN 4: Another hard one. Top five:
-Torterra
-Empoleon
-Staraptor
-Luxray
-Garchomp

GEN 5: Definitely Chandelure, but I have tons of runners-up:
Dewott
Simisage
Zebstrika
Sandile
Cofarigus
Carracosta
Reuniclus
Galvantula
Braviary
Heatmor

Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure are my favorite pokemon of all time though.

Same here, Chandelure and it's pre-evolutions just can't be beaten.

#25 2013-03-26 02:10:56

soniku3
Scratcher

soniku3 wrote:

wreckitralph wrote:

1st gen Pikachu

no way dude gen 1 is bad.

jk

Board footer