This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-11-19 14:31:49

bluebliss
New Scratcher

creating a jointed skeleton for Kinect2Scratch

Hi, I'm new to Scratch and am just at the point where I have Scratch and my Kinect connected with Kinect2Scratch. I want to create my own jointed character in Scratch that I can animate with the Kinect. I opened the Skeleton project file from the Kinect2Scratch site, but it doesn't react to my movements, and I want to be able to create my own character art, connect arms and legs etc with joints, and map those to my Kinect skeleton data through Kinect2Scratch.  I can't find this info on how to create that jointed character, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

#2 2012-11-19 14:35:18

Gravitation
New Scratcher

Re: creating a jointed skeleton for Kinect2Scratch

This probably belongs in Connecting to the Physical World. I'll ask for it to be moved there.  smile

#3 2012-11-19 14:48:50

sparks
Community Moderator

Re: creating a jointed skeleton for Kinect2Scratch

Welcome to Scratch, Bluebliss!

I think I agree with Gravitation, this'll do best in Connecting to the Physical world, I'll move it over there for you - you'll probably get more help there!

Could you perhaps post a link to the Skeleton project? Maybe there's something wrong with it!

EDIT: I just saw your other topic over in "Help with Scripts". Are you struggling to connect the Kinect to Scratch, or are you connected and are trying to write a script that will use the inputs to move your character's limbs?

Last edited by sparks (2012-11-19 14:53:15)

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

Board footer