This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

#26 2012-10-24 23:15:28

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

Re: JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

MikeRobe wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Does anybody have any good ideas for  project to start working on?
I had this idea for a third-person fighting style game, where you are a robot that escaped from the lab, and you can upgrade your parts and stuff for better abilities!

Or how about an arena style game? Your robot has parts which you buy and that will help it fight in battle. Then you verse other robots and you win money if you...win...I guess.

That sounds better. There can be bosses that you have to beat, too. And various power-ups that spawn randomly throughout the arena, like speed+, attack+, defense+, health packets, extra money or experience, or a ten-second invincibility power-up.

This Is My Signature.

#27 2012-10-24 23:18:09

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

fetchydog567 wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

fetchydog567 wrote:

YES I would like to enter I play piano but I can't record I might need help with that. Um, I play by ears.

you can script the music in scratch instead of recording it.

What do you mean by that?

you know, note blocks (absolutely NO minecraft reference here...) in the "sound" heading. You can create scripts that play music.

This Is My Signature.

#28 2012-10-24 23:20:36

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

razor2 wrote:

I want to join. I'm good with concepts and programming.

ok. you're in. Mike and I are coming up with an idea right now. Read our conversation and see if you have anything to add.

This Is My Signature.

#29 2012-10-28 01:33:07

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Does anybody have any good ideas for  project to start working on?
I had this idea for a third-person fighting style game, where you are a robot that escaped from the lab, and you can upgrade your parts and stuff for better abilities!

Or how about an arena style game? Your robot has parts which you buy and that will help it fight in battle. Then you verse other robots and you win money if you...win...I guess.

That sounds better. There can be bosses that you have to beat, too. And various power-ups that spawn randomly throughout the arena, like speed+, attack+, defense+, health packets, extra money or experience, or a ten-second invincibility power-up.

I like this idea! big_smile 

Another possibility is adding two-player battles, different moves that can be learned, or even different starting robots! Example:

Robot 1             Robot 2             Robot 3

Health 15         Health 30          Health 15
Speed 15          Speed 15           Speed 30
Strength 30      Strength 15        Strength 15

And then be able to upgrade them, raise the health speed and strength for your robot.

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#30 2012-10-28 14:45:29

MikeRobe
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

Another possibility is adding two-player battles, different moves that can be learned, or even different starting robots! Example:

And then be able to upgrade them, raise the health speed and strength for your robot.

For two player, could we mak it split screen? Scrolling would be interesting. You could buy new and cooler weapons to put on the robots. I can design those, I like doing that. I can do most of the subtle graphic effects(for example particles) and also w weapon effects. If you want, I can also do some scrolling. Just see 'fall of civilisations' and yes, it's broken. Text glitch occurred

Finally, snow in Amsterdam

#31 2012-10-28 17:11:01

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

MikeRobe wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

For two player, could we mak it split screen? Scrolling would be interesting. You could buy new and cooler weapons to put on the robots. I can design those, I like doing that. I can do most of the subtle graphic effects(for example particles) and also w weapon effects. If you want, I can also do some scrolling. Just see 'fall of civilisations' and yes, it's broken. Text glitch occurred

I was thinking that there could be a bunch of arenas with various platforms, ropes, or even traps. We could make it scroll as the character moves.

I don't know about the two-player thing, though. that would make it harder to do the scrolling.

This Is My Signature.

#32 2012-10-28 19:29:00

MikeRobe
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

I was thinking that there could be a bunch of arenas with various platforms, ropes, or even traps. We could make it scroll as the character moves.

I don't know about the two-player thing, though. that would make it harder to do the scrolling.

Yeah that sounds fine. You could buy cool new weapons and then ammo for it. If you run out of ammo, you can pick some up on the arena floor. Is it going to be top-down or side-scroll?

#33 2012-10-28 20:06:13

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

MikeRobe wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

Yeah that sounds fine. You could buy cool new weapons and then ammo for it. If you run out of ammo, you can pick some up on the arena floor. Is it going to be top-down or side-scroll?

Probably side-scroll. There can be enemies all around the level, and a portal at the end that takes you to the next level. We could even add some puzzles in there, like a switch that you have to find to open the portal.

This Is My Signature.

#34 2012-10-28 20:52:32

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Probably side-scroll. There can be enemies all around the level, and a portal at the end that takes you to the next level. We could even add some puzzles in there, like a switch that you have to find to open the portal.

There could be mines for traps. >:D Ka-boom.

As for upgrades, there is the possibility of fire, ice, lightning, and poison as special effects to make your robot more powerful.

Last edited by CopperHawk (2012-10-28 20:53:00)

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#35 2012-10-28 20:56:04

Firedrake969
Scratcher

Me join.

Click the sign.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eterna/eterna2/logo2.png

#36 2012-10-28 23:27:40

MikeRobe
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

There could be mines for traps. > big_smile  Ka-boom.

As for upgrades, there is the possibility of fire, ice, lightning, and poison as special effects to make your robot more powerful.

I would probably prefer a top-down idea, as that would enable us to make a more expansive map, move around further and see things from a different perspective. Maybe there's some spawners chilling in the corners of the map that you have to destroy. Once you do then a hole will open up in the middle of the arena and let you win the round.

#37 2012-10-29 19:52:10

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

MikeRobe wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

There could be mines for traps. > big_smile  Ka-boom.

I would probably prefer a top-down idea, as that would enable us to make a more expansive map, move around further and see things from a different perspective. Maybe there's some spawners chilling in the corners of the map that you have to destroy. Once you do then a hole will open up in the middle of the arena and let you win the round.

Eh. We could try to do side scrolling in both dimensions. We could even add different rooms that are accessed by clicking on the door. And the end portal is hidden somewhere, and you have to find it!

This Is My Signature.

#38 2012-10-29 19:53:21

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

Me join.

Ok. help us brainstorm.

This Is My Signature.

#39 2012-10-29 20:24:49

fetchydog567
Scratcher

What about the music? Um...

http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/assets/banners/banner_51.pngJust a reminder I won't be on Scratch that much but I 'll still be here, so if i'm on something, I will be commenting back, okay! wink , PICO Team!!!!!!!!!!! SCRATCH DEADW!!! PICO HACK ACCOUTNTT@@

#40 2012-10-29 20:26:50

fetchydog567
Scratcher

I'm wondering about the game to be 8-bit, I forgot, I know how to make 8-bit stuff!  yikes

http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/assets/banners/banner_51.pngJust a reminder I won't be on Scratch that much but I 'll still be here, so if i'm on something, I will be commenting back, okay! wink , PICO Team!!!!!!!!!!! SCRATCH DEADW!!! PICO HACK ACCOUTNTT@@

#41 2012-10-29 21:14:26

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

fetchydog567 wrote:

I'm wondering about the game to be 8-bit, I forgot, I know how to make 8-bit stuff!  yikes

I highly doubt it will be 8-bit.

This Is My Signature.

#42 2012-10-29 21:15:52

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

And about the music, I make dubstep. My youtube channel is Duelmaster360.

This Is My Signature.

#43 2012-10-29 22:39:59

MikeRobe
Scratcher

Aha! 42nd Reply! But I don't really want dubstep in it. I tend to find that many people don't like it...

#44 2012-10-30 00:06:31

CopperHawk
Scratcher

MikeRobe wrote:

Aha! 42nd Reply! But I don't really want dubstep in it. I tend to find that many people don't like it...

Agreed.

#45 2012-10-30 00:08:37

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

fetchydog567 wrote:

I do 16 bit usually, similar to what you may see on Nitrome. I could work on making the enemies.

#46 2012-10-30 08:50:33

fetchydog567
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Wow! Nice music.

#47 2012-10-30 17:19:26

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

Agreed.

I can edit out the dubstep part and just use the electronic down sections. That's what I was going to do anyway.

This Is My Signature.

#48 2012-10-30 17:20:48

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

fetchydog567 wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Wow! Nice music.

why, thank you.

This Is My Signature.

#49 2012-10-30 17:23:01

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

fetchydog567 wrote:

I do 16 bit usually, similar to what you may see on Nitrome. I could work on making the enemies.

We probably won't be doing any pixel art, 8- or 16-bit.

This Is My Signature.

#50 2012-10-30 19:41:34

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

We probably won't be doing any pixel art, 8- or 16-bit.

Well, I'm totally useless for anything but scripts, then.

• Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

Board footer