This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

#1 2012-10-21 16:27:40

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

Star is a collaboration group that will work on various types of projects, from animations, to games, to simulations. We will come up with the ideas ourselves and agree on what project we want to do. I don't consider myself the leader of the group; we are all equal in merit, if not talent.

IF YOU ARE A NEW SCRATCHER, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE! If you think you have talent, I don't mind any new scratchers in this collab. For example, I have been using scratch for about two years now, but I never bothered to create an account until about three months ago, so I was still called a "new scratcher."

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, simply tell me that you would like to join and tell me what areas of scratching that you are best at. (scripting, art, music, concepts, etc.) And try to be specific.

IF YOUR "SPOT" IS TAKEN, IT DOESN'T MATTER! We can have two or more people filling the same position. Besides, some people are multi-talented, and so I won't force you guys into positions anyway. We will all work together and do whatever we can do on the project.

CHECK THIS FORUM OFTEN SO YOU CAN STAY UPDATED. Post your progress frequently so that we can all keep in touch about the current state of the project.

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

This Is My Signature.

#2 2012-10-21 17:00:26

ahirbhairav
Scratcher

Re: JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

Can I do testing for softwares?

#3 2012-10-21 19:40:30

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

ahirbhairav wrote:

What do you mean?

This Is My Signature.

#4 2012-10-21 20:23:25

fetchydog567
Scratcher

YES I would like to enter I play piano but I can't record I might need help with that. Um, I play by ears.

http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/assets/banners/banner_51.pngJust a reminder I won't be on Scratch that much but I 'll still be here, so if i'm on something, I will be commenting back, okay! wink , PICO Team!!!!!!!!!!! SCRATCH DEADW!!! PICO HACK ACCOUTNTT@@

#5 2012-10-21 20:51:09

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

fetchydog567 wrote:

YES I would like to enter I play piano but I can't record I might need help with that. Um, I play by ears.

you can script the music in scratch instead of recording it.

This Is My Signature.

#6 2012-10-21 21:19:06

CopperHawk
Scratcher

I'd like to join, my talent is scripting and pixel art. If you'd accept me, I would be glad!

Other info: I have been scratching for 3 years, but joined only a year ago. I can program more complicated projects such as Minecraft style games, but my specialty is pixel art.

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#7 2012-10-21 21:52:52

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

I'd like to join, my talent is scripting and pixel art. If you'd accept me, I would be glad!

Other info: I have been scratching for 3 years, but joined only a year ago. I can program more complicated projects such as Minecraft style games, but my specialty is pixel art.

You're in!

This Is My Signature.

#8 2012-10-21 21:54:47

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

Once we have about five or six members, we can start deciding on a project.
So far we have:

Me
ahirbhairav
fetchydog567
CopperHawk
r2dav2
MikeRobe
sportsdude6
razor2

Last edited by Duelmaster360 (2012-10-24 23:10:55)

This Is My Signature.

#9 2012-10-22 00:04:54

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Once we have about five or six members, we can start deciding on a project.
So far we have:

Me
ahirbhairav
fetchydog567
CopperHawk

Sweet, thanks! big_smile

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#10 2012-10-22 10:51:47

r2dav2
Scratcher

I guess I'll sign up...I suppose I'm a pretty good scratcher...here's my history of actually good projects:

Nyan Cat 1,2,3:  Front paged, top loved (Nyan cat 2 is one of the most loved ever, with 285 love-its)

Various scroller games/normal platformers

Wireframe 3d

Infinite side-scrolling

A large variety of 1s1s/1c projects

A lot of remixes

Perfect physics engines

And quite a bit more...

The reason I want to join is mostly because I haven't been in a collab for a while now, and I'd like to join one...

My graphics are generally horrible, however, I must say I take quite a bit of pride for my knack of being able to cut down normal scriptage by a lot, and I know how to make quite a few interesting scripts. 

As a matter of fact, I was thinking of a shooter game recently that featured squad AI, however, I would like someone/some people to work on the graphics.

I plan to release a month from now or so (if ever), and I'd like it if someone could offer graphical support when it comes out.

big_smile

#11 2012-10-22 18:38:07

MikeRobe
Scratcher

Hmm, I could join. I suppose it really depends what we're making. I have a few neat projects lined up for release soon, ranging from simulations to games. One of my best games I think is Beach Hunter .3 If you could have a look (in java or download) then, yay! Anyway, I would like to do scripting and graphics, (the latter of which I am increasing my skill at).

Yep. Sounds good.

Finally, snow in Amsterdam

#12 2012-10-22 18:49:27

sportsdude6
Scratcher

I'll join! I would like to join for music or sound.

#13 2012-10-22 22:07:55

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

r2dav2 wrote:

I guess I'll sign up...I suppose I'm a pretty good scratcher...here's my history of actually good projects:

Nyan Cat 1,2,3:  Front paged, top loved (Nyan cat 2 is one of the most loved ever, with 285 love-its)

Various scroller games/normal platformers

Wireframe 3d

Infinite side-scrolling

A large variety of 1s1s/1c projects

A lot of remixes

Perfect physics engines

And quite a bit more...

The reason I want to join is mostly because I haven't been in a collab for a while now, and I'd like to join one...

My graphics are generally horrible, however, I must say I take quite a bit of pride for my knack of being able to cut down normal scriptage by a lot, and I know how to make quite a few interesting scripts. 

As a matter of fact, I was thinking of a shooter game recently that featured squad AI, however, I would like someone/some people to work on the graphics.

I plan to release a month from now or so (if ever), and I'd like it if someone could offer graphical support when it comes out.

big_smile

You are in! Your AI shooter game sounds really interesting. I would like to keep something similar in mind for a future collaboration project. I happen to be good at graphics, and so is MikeRobe, so one of us can help you out for your project.

This Is My Signature.

#14 2012-10-22 22:15:08

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

MikeRobe wrote:

Hmm, I could join. I suppose it really depends what we're making. I have a few neat projects lined up for release soon, ranging from simulations to games. One of my best games I think is Beach Hunter .3 If you could have a look (in java or download) then, yay! Anyway, I would like to do scripting and graphics, (the latter of which I am increasing my skill at).

Yep. Sounds good.

I liked your project Landscape It. Although, you could add a few more complex features such as plants that require watering to grow, or weeds that spring up that you have to pull out. It would make the game more interactive. Anyway, great project.

This Is My Signature.

#15 2012-10-22 22:17:23

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

sportsdude6 wrote:

I'll join! I would like to join for music or sound.

Well, I said that there are no definite "jobs," you just help wherever your skills are needed. But it's good to know that you would prefer to do sound.

This Is My Signature.

#16 2012-10-22 22:23:47

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

Hey, I have an idea! Lets exchange e-mails, because communication via e-mail is much faster and easier than on a forum. Also, we can share projects without having to upload them to the website!

If you would prefer not to share your email address, I respect that, and so you don't have to.

This Is My Signature.

#17 2012-10-22 23:56:44

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Hey, I have an idea! Lets exchange e-mails, because communication via e-mail is much faster and easier than on a forum. Also, we can share projects without having to upload them to the website!

If you would prefer not to share your email address, I respect that, and so you don't have to.

E-mails are removed by community moderators, I believe.

#18 2012-10-23 14:33:11

MikeRobe
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

MikeRobe wrote:

Yep. Sounds good.

I liked your project Landscape It. Although, you could add a few more complex features such as plants that require watering to grow, or weeds that spring up that you have to pull out. It would make the game more interactive. Anyway, great project.

It's supposed to be more of a 'plan' than a design thing. Good ideas though!

#19 2012-10-23 18:08:37

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

E-mails are removed by community moderators, I believe.

We can do it with a code! First say the domain (yahoo, gmail, etc.) then say your username. (the first part of your email address.)

Or, type it backwards.

Last edited by Duelmaster360 (2012-10-23 22:34:54)

This Is My Signature.

#20 2012-10-23 22:38:00

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

Does anybody have any good ideas for  project to start working on?
I had this idea for a third-person fighting style game, where you are a robot that escaped from the lab, and you can upgrade your parts and stuff for better abilities!

This Is My Signature.

#21 2012-10-23 22:47:45

ahirbhairav
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

ahirbhairav wrote:

What do you mean?

I mean that I want to do beta testing before we actually release it...

#22 2012-10-24 01:37:14

MikeRobe
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

Does anybody have any good ideas for  project to start working on?
I had this idea for a third-person fighting style game, where you are a robot that escaped from the lab, and you can upgrade your parts and stuff for better abilities!

Or how about an arena style game? Your robot has parts which you buy and that will help it fight in battle. Then you verse other robots and you win money if you...win...I guess.

#23 2012-10-24 20:10:38

fetchydog567
Scratcher

Duelmaster360 wrote:

fetchydog567 wrote:

you can script the music in scratch instead of recording it.

What do you mean by that?

http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/assets/banners/banner_51.pngJust a reminder I won't be on Scratch that much but I 'll still be here, so if i'm on something, I will be commenting back, okay! wink , PICO Team!!!!!!!!!!! SCRATCH DEADW!!! PICO HACK ACCOUTNTT@@

#24 2012-10-24 20:27:08

razor2
Scratcher

I want to join. I'm good with concepts and programming.

Help my collab:http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=113553

#25 2012-10-24 23:10:10

Duelmaster360
Scratcher

ahirbhairav wrote:

Duelmaster360 wrote:

ahirbhairav wrote:

What do you mean?

I mean that I want to do beta testing before we actually release it...

Ok. You can be the one to pick through it with a fine tooth comb to try to find glitches or errors.

This Is My Signature.

• Index
  •  » Collaboration
  •  » JOIN STAR! All areas of talent wanted! New scratchers welcome as well!

Board footer