This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#201 2011-02-10 14:38:06

scimonster
Community Moderator

Re: When flagging a project as inappropriate

ginni wrote:

I have invented it based on a game that actually exists. is very easy to play controls are the arrows to move. also there is the possibility of having different types of balls. If you like this mini-game, remember to give credit to me.
Pro Evolution Soccer v.1 by Ginnigio

Please don't spam this thread. Post in the Show and Tell forums instead. (Yes, that is a link to post  big_smile  )

#203 2011-02-18 20:05:38

ilawson
Scratcher

CannibalChicken wrote:

[removed by moderator] sent me Death Threats. Please ban him immediately to stop the harrasment

dude dont worry about this as long as you havent posted online where you live he cant hurt you so block him and contact the scratch team they will deal with it so dont worry and if he find a way to send you more death threats call the local police

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/ilawson97.jpg

#204 2011-03-07 21:30:04

Scarstar999
Scratcher

I just flagged a project that I thought was inappropriate, but I don't know if other people view it like that! Is it okay that I flagged?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/edare9439/BelieveinStarClan.png
Go green, love nature, and stop animal cruelty! Be a Guardian of Ga'Hoole!

#205 2011-03-08 04:36:19

scimonster
Community Moderator

Scarstar999 wrote:

I just flagged a project that I thought was inappropriate, but I don't know if other people view it like that! Is it okay that I flagged?

Yes.

#206 2011-03-08 22:40:42

mrsrec
Scratcher

andresmh wrote:

When you flag a project as inappropriate, you are now asked to type in a reason.

Your reason can be very brief. Even very short explanations can help us in evaluating whether to delete the project.

Your reasons are sent only to the MIT Scratch team, and they will not be viewed by anyone outside the team. In particular, the reasons will not be viewed by the creator of the project.

Please note that projects are automatically deleted when the number of flags passes a certain threshold. This automatic process is useful to prevent inappropriate projects being on the site for long periods of time while the Scratch team is not checking emails (for example, late at night). The Scratch team can later restore an automatically-deleted project if it finds that the project is appropriate for the site.

More work needs to be done on the flagging system, but we believe that this is a step forward.

We would like to thank AngelEyra for implementing this new feature.

I Like This Speech.Maybe It's Sent To Scratch Team In The You Have___Messages Box. No  sad  That Was A Stupid Idea.It Should Go To E-Mail. I Agree That The Flagging System Needs To Be Worked On.  Feel Free To Quote!

Last edited by mrsrec (2011-03-08 22:41:50)

Scratchy Scratcher Scratched Scratch Scratches When He Scratchy Scratches Scratch Projects. These Scratch Projects Were Started From Scratch.
http://internetometer.com/image/37716.png

#207 2011-03-08 22:49:33

mrsrec
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

GameHutSoftware wrote:

Wait.... Lightnin's signature has a link to "how flagging works," and when I watched it, it said that a MODERATOR checks projects that are flagged. Which is right?

Actually, in that project MODERATOR means the members of the Scratch Team who help moderate the main website, not the community moderators. Sorry, we made that project before the community moderator program was founded.

What Do You Mean?

Scratchy Scratcher Scratched Scratch Scratches When He Scratchy Scratches Scratch Projects. These Scratch Projects Were Started From Scratch.
http://internetometer.com/image/37716.png

#208 2011-03-09 01:55:09

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

mrsrec wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

GameHutSoftware wrote:

Wait.... Lightnin's signature has a link to "how flagging works," and when I watched it, it said that a MODERATOR checks projects that are flagged. Which is right?

Actually, in that project MODERATOR means the members of the Scratch Team who help moderate the main website, not the community moderators. Sorry, we made that project before the community moderator program was founded.

What Do You Mean?

Back then, "Moderator" referred to someone on the Scratch Team. Nowadays, "Moderator" usually refers to Community Moderators (who currently do not have powers on the main site).

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#209 2011-03-09 03:11:26

scimonster
Community Moderator

cheddargirl wrote:

mrsrec wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

What Do You Mean?

Back then, "Moderator" referred to someone on the Scratch Team. Nowadays, "Moderator" usually refers to Community Moderators (who currently do not have powers on the main site).

So why were there forum mods and community mods?

#210 2011-03-09 15:36:34

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

scimonster wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

mrsrec wrote:

What Do You Mean?

Erm, wha? Today's Community Moderators are currently Forums Moderators as of the moment (the title was just changed).

Regardless, I'm not sure what prompted the created of the Forum/Community Moderator Program. Perhaps the Scratch Team felt they needed moderators on the forums since helping to take care of the main site is a huge task in itself.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#211 2011-03-11 03:55:53

scimonster
Community Moderator

cheddargirl wrote:

scimonster wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

Erm, wha? Today's Community Moderators are currently Forums Moderators as of the moment (the title was just changed).

Regardless, I'm not sure what prompted the created of the Forum/Community Moderator Program. Perhaps the Scratch Team felt they needed moderators on the forums since helping to take care of the main site is a huge task in itself.

I thought before the title change there were some that were Forum Moderators, and some Community Moderators. What was the difference, if any?

#212 2011-03-11 20:59:16

rootbeerisawesome
Scratcher

http://mewgal.deviantart.com/<next costume>http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=693023#req_message

#213 2011-03-12 12:18:44

scimonster
Community Moderator

rootbeerisawesome wrote:

http://mewgal.deviantart.com/<next costume>http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=693023#req_message

Please don't spam. Posts like that that have no relation to the topic are spam.

#214 2011-03-19 07:48:31

Rexpup
Scratcher

Sweetpea41197 wrote:

They could always put .'s in the middle of each letter......

Or, as I am (attempting to be) working on, there could be a program that ignores spce, hypens, apostophes, punctuation, ect.  So then, it would be easier to block inaproppriate words.  Probably JavaScript (NOT Java, what Scratch runs in, but rather a code somewhat similar to HTML) would be best for that.

http://i.imgur.com/QQH4J.gif

#215 2011-03-26 13:51:13

aarothen
New Scratcher

I am a teacher and, it appears that one of my students created username, etc. and posted something inappropriate which has resulted in our school's ip address being blocked so even I am unable to look at these forums for information, help, advice, etc. I sent an email asking for some info so hopefully I can identify the student. How long might it take for me to get a response? Any ideas? Thanks so much. I'm sorry/sad that one of my students was inappropriate...thanks.

#216 2011-03-26 14:09:25

sanddude
Scratcher

aarothen wrote:

I am a teacher and, it appears that one of my students created username, etc. and posted something inappropriate which has resulted in our school's ip address being blocked so even I am unable to look at these forums for information, help, advice, etc. I sent an email asking for some info so hopefully I can identify the student. How long might it take for me to get a response? Any ideas? Thanks so much. I'm sorry/sad that one of my students was inappropriate...thanks.

This stuff is generally better to discuss privately with the Scratch team, instead of on the forums where everybody can see it.  wink

Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

#217 2011-03-26 14:59:13

aarothen
New Scratcher

Many thanks...I did send email via "contact us." I'll wait till I get a reply...I appreciate your response.  smile

#218 2011-03-26 15:14:17

sanddude
Scratcher

aarothen wrote:

Many thanks...I did send email via "contact us." I'll wait till I get a reply...I appreciate your response.  smile

Your welcome.  smile

If the Scratch team doesn't reply soon, don't worry. They read and reply to every one, it's just that they have a lot to go through.

Last edited by sanddude (2011-03-26 15:15:50)

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

#219 2011-04-09 22:19:15

catr36
Scratcher

how dose a vertibal work

#220 2011-04-09 22:33:35

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

If the project is an exact copy (or very, very close; a pixel added, the font changed, etc.), go ahead. Give a link to the original project in the flag description though; they'll need to compare the two projects. Also make it clear that the project is not an okay remix; the Scratch Team might assume that you're simply mad at remixers.

My project "Forward" was remixed by someone, who changed almost nothing. They might have had to change a number. I saw a few good comments on it and wanted those. So I flagged it, saying it's a direct copy with no absolutely noticeable changes. What do I get? "Please support remixing yada yada"

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#221 2011-05-13 12:59:37

JPY
Scratcher

andresmh wrote:

When you flag a project as inappropriate, you are now asked to type in a reason.

Your reason can be very brief. Even very short explanations can help us in evaluating whether to delete the project.

Your reasons are sent only to the MIT Scratch team, and they will not be viewed by anyone outside the team. In particular, the reasons will not be viewed by the creator of the project.

Please note that projects are automatically deleted when the number of flags passes a certain threshold. This automatic process is useful to prevent inappropriate projects being on the site for long periods of time while the Scratch team is not checking emails (for example, late at night). The Scratch team can later restore an automatically-deleted project if it finds that the project is appropriate for the site.

More work needs to be done on the flagging system, but we believe that this is a step forward.

it would be nice if there were no inappropriate projects.  smile

if you're a Sonic Fan, you've gotta try Sonic Generations!                                                         click  here for Sonic Fanart!

#222 2011-05-13 13:25:19

rdococ
Scratcher

jcubed wrote:

its impossible to prevent people from having multiple accounts.

It is.
When you log out, and then register, you get a window telling you have multitipe accounts. All they need to do to prevent it is remove 1 button from the page.

#223 2011-05-15 01:38:27

scimonster
Community Moderator

rdococ wrote:

jcubed wrote:

its impossible to prevent people from having multiple accounts.

It is.
When you log out, and then register, you get a window telling you have multitipe accounts. All they need to do to prevent it is remove 1 button from the page.

But some people use test accounts. Or group accounts.

JPY wrote:

andresmh wrote:

it would be nice if there were no inappropriate projects.  smile

It would be...

#224 2011-05-26 21:36:35

arajan
Scratcher

I think we should be able to flag a tag too

A-PAD: A virtual ipad, where individual  games are combined to make a software where multiple games are played on one project, all of the application on the A-PAD are as high quality as of individual projects themselves! http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/arajan/1901812

#225 2011-05-26 21:42:36

arajan
Scratcher

Never mind I just discovered that we already can, I'm really sorry, epic fail on my part

arajan wrote:

I think we should be able to flag a tag too

A-PAD: A virtual ipad, where individual  games are combined to make a software where multiple games are played on one project, all of the application on the A-PAD are as high quality as of individual projects themselves! http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/arajan/1901812

Board footer