This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2012-10-27 02:39:40

All4one
Scratcher

Re: Best and Worst cartoons

fireheartocean wrote:

Don't kill me please if you hate this list xDD

Best:

Phineas and Ferb- One of my favorites  smile
Gravity Falls- Not my favorite, but I kind of like it.
Legend of Korra- I like this show a lot. It's pretty entertaining :3
The 'Dragons: Riders of Berk' isn't too bad.
Oh, and also the anime Sailor Moon.

Worst:

Spongebob Squarepants- To me, this show is obnoxious and disgusting.  hmm  Sorry.
Regular Show- Eh... I haven't seen much of it, but what I have, I don't really care for so far.
Basically every other show on CN- Except for maybe Scooby Doo.

The newer Spongebobs are like that, but during the first three seasons, the episodes had a balance of kid-oriented humor and adult-oriented satire that made it pretty awesome.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#52 2012-10-27 06:47:33

Animeboy975
Scratcher

All4one wrote:

fireheartocean wrote:

Best:

Worst:

Spongebob Squarepants- To me, this show is obnoxious and disgusting.  hmm  Sorry.
Regular Show- Eh... I haven't seen much of it, but what I have, I don't really care for so far.

The newer Spongebobs are like that, but during the first three seasons, the episodes had a balance of kid-oriented humor and adult-oriented satire that made it pretty awesome.

Spongebob's getting a lot better recently.

And how is Spongebob obnoxious?  mad  and like trash like Phineas And Ferb? (I'm sorry, i had P&F with a burning passion.) I think THAT'S the most obnoxious show ever.

Anyways, all the gross stuff was pretty much Season 6. But otherwise, it's a really innocent show.

Last edited by Animeboy975 (2012-10-27 06:53:39)

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#53 2012-10-27 10:21:12

banana500
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

All4one wrote:

fireheartocean wrote:

Best:

Worst:

And how is Spongebob obnoxious?  mad  and like trash like Phineas And Ferb? (I'm sorry, i had P&F with a burning passion.) I think THAT'S the most obnoxious show ever.

Anyways, all the gross stuff was pretty much Season 6. But otherwise, it's a really innocent show.

Bro, chill. Don't be such a fanboy. I agree with fireheartocean. The show is pretty obnoxious, at least with the newer episodes.

Also, he said specifically not to kill him if you hate his list.  tongue

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#54 2012-10-27 10:32:46

Animeboy975
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

All4one wrote:

Bro, chill. Don't be such a fanboy. I agree with fireheartocean. The show is pretty obnoxious, at least with the newer episodes.

Fine. SB's getting A LOT better. "Patrick-Man!" was so awesome.

#55 2012-10-27 10:38:56

banana500
Scratcher

fireheartocean wrote:

Best:

Phineas and Ferb- One of my favorites  smile  Naw. Way too repetitive.
Gravity Falls- Not my favorite, but I kind of like it.Haha, no.
Legend of Korra- I like this show a lot. It's pretty entertaining :3Yes, this show is awesome. Surprised you didn't put the original Avatar.
The 'Dragons: Riders of Berk' isn't too bad.Haven't seen that one, but it looks pretty lame to me.
Oh, and also the anime Sailor Moon.I remember in kindergarten, I had a Sailor Moon backpack, which my sister gave to me. XD I never even watched that show.

Worst:

Spongebob Squarepants- To me, this show is obnoxious and disgusting.  hmm  Sorry. That's to say for the newer episodes, yes.
Regular Show- Eh... I haven't seen much of it, but what I have, I don't really care for so far.Highly disagree. This show is a lot more creative and intelligent than you may think.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#56 2012-10-27 10:42:32

Mokat
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

Hey I like MAD!
I don't know why people hate it so much, I find it actually pretty funny.

The creators of MAD are bronies.

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/977371.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/977376.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/1005291.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/996745.png

#57 2012-10-27 10:47:37

funelephant
Scratcher

Best: SIMPSONS

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#58 2012-10-27 10:50:33

funelephant
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

I liked the new special.

TOO LOUD.

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#59 2012-10-27 10:54:09

NeilWest
Scratcher

#60 2012-10-27 10:56:11

funelephant
Scratcher

Worst: Fanboy & Chum Chum

nicki begs to differ

#61 2012-10-27 11:32:20

banana500
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Ahahahahahaha, no. SB just gets worse and worse. Maybe it's just me maturing, but honestly the show's withering to a piece of garbage. I will always consider Spongebob to consist of only four seasons.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#62 2012-10-27 13:47:57

samurai768
Scratcher

Best:

The Simpsons
It has that timeless quality and family humor that pretty much anyone can enjoy .u.

Adventure Time
Okay. For some reason, everyone that hates this show thinks "Oh, it's so random, it has absolutely no plot-" WHOA. LEMME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE. Adventure Time is a story about the adventures of the last human in a post-apocalyptic world. If you've seen Holly Jolly Secrets Part 1 and 2, and I Remember You, it also tells the heartbreaking story of a antiquarian who's discovery of a magical crown sends him into an eternal dementia, causing the loss of his fiancee, Betty, and how he mentors the daughter of death lord. It shows that, even though the world has ended, life can still go on, and the world doesn't have to be dark and heavy- you can still have fun. The songs in this show (more specifically, the ones composed by Rebecca Sugar) are absolutely beautiful, and many have deep meanings and express the emotions of the characters that they can't through words.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I really need to catch up on this show, but of the episodes I've seen, I like the concept and the characters all contrasting personalities. The show also promotes a message of love and acceptance, which carries over to the actual fandom. Any show that can make kids want to accept others and just overall not want to fight about things is a good how in my book c:

Worst:

Fanboy and Chum-Chum
I watched one episode of this and it was absolutely horrid. The characters had no intelligence to them, whatsoever. The animation- choppy, and you practically see the polygons in everything except the actual characters themselves. The humor was bland and just downright disgusting, and there was ACTUALLY no plot. Not one thing I like about this show. Honestly, I'm surprised this was produced by the same company as Fairly Oddparents and Adventure Time.

Ninjago
Okay, I'm going to be the least biased I can on this one. I am NOT a big fan of shows that use Legos or Lego characters to tell a story. Anyway, this show has a cliche plot and it obviously just the Lego company's way of people get kids to want to buy their toys. It's commercialized animation- something that I find just disappointing. Aside from that, it seems to be a ripoff of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers, just in a Lego form.

#63 2012-10-27 17:13:54

haxcharsol
Scratcher

samurai768 wrote:

Best:

The Simpsons
It has that timeless quality and family humor that pretty much anyone can enjoy .u.

Adventure Time
Okay. For some reason, everyone that hates this show thinks "Oh, it's so random, it has absolutely no plot-" WHOA. LEMME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE. Adventure Time is a story about the adventures of the last human in a post-apocalyptic world. If you've seen Holly Jolly Secrets Part 1 and 2, and I Remember You, it also tells the heartbreaking story of a antiquarian who's discovery of a magical crown sends him into an eternal dementia, causing the loss of his fiancee, Betty, and how he mentors the daughter of death lord. It shows that, even though the world has ended, life can still go on, and the world doesn't have to be dark and heavy- you can still have fun. The songs in this show (more specifically, the ones composed by Rebecca Sugar) are absolutely beautiful, and many have deep meanings and express the emotions of the characters that they can't through words.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I really need to catch up on this show, but of the episodes I've seen, I like the concept and the characters all contrasting personalities. The show also promotes a message of love and acceptance, which carries over to the actual fandom. Any show that can make kids want to accept others and just overall not want to fight about things is a good how in my book c:

Worst:

Fanboy and Chum-Chum
I watched one episode of this and it was absolutely horrid. The characters had no intelligence to them, whatsoever. The animation- choppy, and you practically see the polygons in everything except the actual characters themselves. The humor was bland and just downright disgusting, and there was ACTUALLY no plot. Not one thing I like about this show. Honestly, I'm surprised this was produced by the same company as Fairly Oddparents and Adventure Time.

Ninjago
Okay, I'm going to be the least biased I can on this one. I am NOT a big fan of shows that use Legos or Lego characters to tell a story. Anyway, this show has a cliche plot and it obviously just the Lego company's way of people get kids to want to buy their toys. It's commercialized animation- something that I find just disappointing. Aside from that, it seems to be a ripoff of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers, just in a Lego form.

You're right about Adventure Time. A lot of people don't realize that it's more serious than you think.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#64 2012-10-27 23:09:07

Animeboy975
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Ahahahahahaha, no. SB just gets worse and worse. Maybe it's just me maturing, but honestly the show's withering to a piece of garbage. I will always consider Spongebob to consist of only four seasons.

No it isn't. Go watch something from Season eight or nine. That'll change your opinion.

#65 2012-10-28 01:24:27

banana500
Scratcher

Okay, something's wrong with this thread.

None of you guys have mentioned Batman: The Animated Series. Seriously, what is wrong with you people.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#66 2012-10-28 01:26:11

banana500
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

No it isn't. Go watch something from Season eight or nine. That'll change your opinion.

I have watched a few episodes from Seasons 8 & 9. As far as I can tell, they all suck. I really don't understand how anyone over the age of 8 would find that funny.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#67 2012-10-28 01:27:57

LanceOhYeah
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

None of you guys have mentioned Batman: The Animated Series. Seriously, what is wrong with you people.

Oh no, that...

DO NOT EVEN MENTION IT AGAIN.

#68 2012-10-28 11:16:22

banana500
Scratcher

LanceOhYeah wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Oh no, that...

What are you talking about? You don't like it?  yikes

It's one of the best animated series ever. It's not goofy or funny or silly in the slightest. It has a very dark undertone, great episode plots, characters, and it's overall epic.

Are you thinking of a different Batman series? Because there's absolutely no way you could say that The Animated Series is bad.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#69 2012-10-28 15:53:18

NeilWest
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

LanceOhYeah wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Oh no, that...

It's one of the best animated series ever. It's not goofy or funny or silly in the slightest. It has a very dark undertone, great episode plots, characters, and it's overall epic.

Are you thinking of a different Batman series? Because there's absolutely no way you could say that The Animated Series is bad.

The Brave and the Bold?

#70 2012-10-28 16:03:42

banana500
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

banana500 wrote:

LanceOhYeah wrote:

Oh no, that...

The Brave and the Bold?

Yeah, the Brave and the Bold was bad. I'm talking about the original, 1992, Hanna-Barbera series.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#71 2012-10-28 16:04:48

LanceOhYeah
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

banana500 wrote:

The Brave and the Bold?

Yeah, the Brave and the Bold was bad. I'm talking about the original, 1992, Hanna-Barbera series.

ooohhhh. I was thinking of the brave and the bold. The original is awesome!

#72 2012-10-28 16:07:16

banana500
Scratcher

LanceOhYeah wrote:

banana500 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

The Brave and the Bold?

ooohhhh. I was thinking of the brave and the bold. The original is awesome!

Ah, phew. I thought that you were insane there for a moment.  tongue

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#73 2012-10-28 16:18:35

NeilWest
Scratcher

Everyone keeps forgetting about the monstrosity that is Fleabag Monkeyface!

#74 2012-10-28 16:43:09

banana500
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

That's because no one wants to speak of it.  tongue

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#75 2012-10-29 15:15:41

NeilWest
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

That's because no one wants to speak of it.  tongue

http://i.imgur.com/ttrbW.jpg

Board footer