This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#501 2013-04-08 08:29:18

Rumanti
Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop ;:.

ErnieParke wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

Can I (or anyone) suggest ideas? Because I don't need an idea- yet. But this shop sounds great!  smile

Yes, of course you or anyone can suggest ideas. As soon as this weekend rolls around, I'll be putting up the Idea Collection, which is as its name suggests, and I'll put your idea in there. Also, thank you for the compliment.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Glad to hear it! (And...thanks)

Scratch Transition Team
Helps you survive the  BING BANG! (big bang)

#502 2013-04-08 16:19:25

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

With Ernie's permission, i could give you like 3...  smile

Regards,

CAA14

That would be great! I can do pretty advanced programming but no crazy stuff like yvelocity, XVelocity, etc.

Again, once i have Ernies permission, i will finish a previous order and fill yours.  smile

P.S. Xvel and Yvel actually isn't that hard. I am currently learning why people are using it through experimentation.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Yes, you're allowed to give some ideas. In fact, feel free to do any order you come across from now on.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#503 2013-04-08 16:41:53

ErnieParke
Scratcher

estile wrote:

can i join the shop? thanks, i get lots of ideas for stuff, but rarely do much with them

Yes, you can join the shop. Just go back to the menu and you'll know what to do from there.  wink

Also, if you want to ever share some ideas, you can post them here and I'll put them into the Idea Collection.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#504 2013-04-08 16:43:11

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

Can I (or anyone) suggest ideas? Because I don't need an idea- yet. But this shop sounds great!  smile

Yes, of course you or anyone can suggest ideas. As soon as this weekend rolls around, I'll be putting up the Idea Collection, which is as its name suggests, and I'll put your idea in there. Also, thank you for the compliment.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Glad to hear it! (And...thanks)

Oh wait... I really need to do get you your ideas. Well I'll do it in a few (or several) minutes.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

#505 2013-04-08 16:44:41

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Is the shop ready yet?

Regards,

CAA14

Yes! I just finished it up, so you can look if you want.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#506 2013-04-08 17:11:44

ErnieParke
Scratcher

EdgeGamer wrote:

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=116579

I would like as many ideas and as much feedback as you feel like giving
I would like the ideas and feedback for this: http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=116579
If you have ideas, great, but I also want feedback on the current idea, if possible.
Thanks in advance!

Well this sounds like a wonderful idea that you have here! It sounds like it has quite a bit of potential. Anyway, here are some ideas:

1). Instead of having just bonus levels with bonus pictures, why not have secret pixels hidden across every level that form a secret picture?

2). To top that off, why not have a gigantic masterpiece of art in the middle of the gallery where you get 4 pixels (not 1, so as to make it bigger) for each picture you create? You could also add in a few to the sides that follow the same basic idea, though that form using the first few worlds, and the next the next few... Meaning, the first picture will form after 6 worlds, and the second will form after another 6. The order of the worlds doesn't matter.

Oh, and if you ever want, the gigantic masterpiece could be super bonus level that you can enter at any time, though only enjoy to its fullest extent when completed.

3). Occasionally, you could have a nice mini-puzzle in a world where you have to find all ~5 pieces of some work of art before passing through a wall. This could even be used to hide a secret piece of art (from idea #1) and you could even go as far as to have them form a pixel bridge and not a piece of pixel art.

4). Why not every once in awhile, have some magic pixels that let you form a small platform in the sky wherever you want one?

5). Occasionally, in the game, why not hide a character costume that you can swap into later on, if collected?

6). If you ever want, you could make it so that some pixels hide till you get close to them. Also, you could make a level that's pitch black except for a small area around you where you can see. A light-switch can be hidden later on for the player to find, that's if you'd like it.

7). You could add in a hub which your character can explore, and access the museum and the levels from. Also, you could hide some more pixels in here, if you'd like to try that.

I hope that you like my ideas!

With regards,

ErnieParke

#507 2013-04-08 17:19:05

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

That would be great! I can do pretty advanced programming but no crazy stuff like yvelocity, XVelocity, etc.

Again, once i have Ernies permission, i will finish a previous order and fill yours.  smile

P.S. Xvel and Yvel actually isn't that hard. I am currently learning why people are using it through experimentation.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Yes, you're allowed to give some ideas. In fact, feel free to do any order you come across from now on.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

Well thank you.  smile

Order right after this post.  big_smile

Regards,

CAA14

#508 2013-04-08 17:37:52

ErnieParke
Scratcher

jkl0l wrote:

Number of Ideas- 1 or 2
Anything specific- not really. I just can't come up with anything.

So you don't really mind what the genre of game I give you? Well, here are two ideas that you could maybe use:

1). Snow Ball Sharp-Shooter

You've always really loved the snow and have energetically played in it for fun days at a time, literally. Now, you've just heard of snow ball fighting and would love to do it, but you know you need to get some practice or else you'll get pummeled into a snowball. So you order a huge, complex facility built just for this. How or where you got the money, no one knows, but you did. Now, you're in there, by yourself, ready to start creating some professional skills.

Basically, you'll be given a set (or unlimited) amount of snow balls that you're supposed to shoot at your targets. Some are fast, some slow, some non-moving, and some strong or dangerous to hit. There'll be a variety of modes here.

Story mode, where things start out easy and ramp up from there.
Adventure mode where you can replay the previous maps for a better time.
Fun mode where you get to just play and relax without having to worry if you hit everything or not. Targets count for points here.

Also, don't forget that there should be platforms in your target practice room, meaning this is a platformer that you view from the side.

Oh, and finally, you can have some special snowballs that come along that are either super fast, triple shot, double damage, or homing. You can include other types if you want.

2). This is a simple adventure platformer.

Anyway, far far away in the universe, so far away that you can't believe that it's right in front of you, there lived a cake, a happy cake. The problem is that evil ants have come, chopped you into pieces, and have carried you away, piece by piece, to far away lands. Now you, the king of the cake, must go and find every piece to put him back together.

I hope that you liked my ideas!

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-04-08 17:39:01)

#509 2013-04-08 17:41:53

CAA14
Scratcher

Order up!

For: jkl0l

#1: Snowball fight!

Description:

You must fight tell you either run out of snow balls or lose all your life!
You control an Eskimo on the left side of the screen. you can duck under your barrier, jump, and shoot.

Gameplay:

- Controls are up to you, but i would recommend space to shot, down arrow to duck, and up arrow to jump.

- There could be shields and power ups that fly across the screen, that if you shoot them, they give you what they are.

- There are two game modes, "Fight to the Death!" or "Fight til you drop!".

Fight to the Death! - Fight until either you or your opponent runs out of lives, you have 3-5 strikes.

Fight til you Drop! - Fight until you run out of snow balls. You have 15-25 snow balls.

- You could make this multiplayer, but that would take some more advanced programming.

#2: Epidemic

Description:

Basically, you are trying to stop this "germ/Virus" enemy from going to other rooms. you have to stop him... But you must have the right antidote. If it spreads to some people, you must take them the antidote before their time runs out and then go get a new one.

Gameplay:

- Controls could be arrow keys to move, space to grab antidotes, and "c" to catch the virus/germ, if you have the antidote.

- There are several rooms, and each one has people in it. All the people in a certain room go off of the same timer. If you lose all of the people, you lose.

- Your score is based off of how many uninfected rooms there are, and how long did it take you to get the infector.

#3:  BEAM!

Description:

This one is from my personal stash, but i know i will not be able to make it soon. You must guide the beam to the goal. you do this by either:
- Drawing lines.
- Dragging and dropping lines.

The beam is constantly moving, and there is a goal somewhere on the screen. You must draw/drag the lines to make it bounce into the goal. Once the beam touches it though, the line goes away...

Gameplay:

- As before, you can either drag and drop premade lines or draw them on the screen.
- You could have other obstacles on the screen that can:

- Send the beam in a random direction.
- Send the beam in the opposite direction going so fast that it takes two lines to stop it.
- Just be there to bounce the beam.
- Be there and when the beam touches it, it traps the beam for awhile.

Hope you like my ideas.  smile
Tell me which is your favorite, and also say if you want me to give some more.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

Last edited by CAA14 (2013-04-08 17:44:24)

#510 2013-04-08 17:43:05

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Number of Ideas- 1 or 2

So you don't really mind what the genre of game I give you? Well, here are two ideas that you could maybe use:

You've always really loved the snow and have energetically played in it for fun days at a time, literally. Now, you've just heard of snow ball fighting and would love to do it, but you know you need to get some practice or else you'll get pummeled into a snowball. So you order a huge, complex facility built just for this. How or where you got the money, no one knows, but you did. Now, you're in there, by yourself, ready to start creating some professional skills.

Basically, you'll be given a set (or unlimited) amount of snow balls that you're supposed to shoot at your targets. Some are fast, some slow, some non-moving, and some strong or dangerous to hit. There'll be a variety of modes here.

Fun mode where you get to just play and relax without having to worry if you hit everything or not. Targets count for points here.

Also, don't forget that there should be platforms in your target practice room, meaning this is a platformer that you view from the side.

Oh, and finally, you can have some special snowballs that come along that are either super fast, triple shot, double damage, or homing. You can include other types if you want.

Anyway, far far away in the universe, so far away that you can't believe that it's right in front of you, there lived a cake, a happy cake. The problem is that evil ants have come, chopped you into pieces, and have carried you away, piece by piece, to far away lands. Now you, the king of the cake, must go and find every piece to put him back together.

With regards,

ErnieParke

WOW! We thought of the same thing!

#511 2013-04-08 17:58:01

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Number of Ideas- 1 or 2

With regards,

ErnieParke

I was just thinking about that as I read your post! When making these ideas, I had a sudden urge to do something on snowballs, and here's what came of it. Still, wow!

With regards and wows,

ErnieParke

#512 2013-04-08 18:02:01

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

I was just thinking about that as I read your post! When making these ideas, I had a sudden urge to do something on snowballs, and here's what came of it. Still, wow!

With regards and wows,

ErnieParke

Yeah, i was thinking yesterday, "Wouldn't it be cool to have like a 3rd person snowball fight shooter?" and so i thought of a quick and simple one that wouldn't take much programming.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#513 2013-04-16 18:24:06

Programmer_112
Scratcher

Could I join the shop as a member?

http://i49.tinypic.com/rk60py.png

#514 2013-04-16 18:33:04

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Programmer_112 wrote:

Yes, yes you can, though before you do, could I have two sample ideas, one being about cakes and the other being a platformer?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#515 2013-04-16 19:46:49

Programmer_112
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Programmer_112 wrote:

Yes, yes you can, though before you do, could I have two sample ideas, one being about cakes and the other being a platformer?

With regards,

ErnieParke

OK.  Thanks.  Here goes

1.Cake Mania
You are an entrepreneur starting a bakery.  Everyone has always complimented you on your delicious desserts, but especially your cakes, so you start your business from those.  You can upgrade your shop to get maximum profit from your products.
Features:
The ability to buy more shops.  How many shops you have affects storage and credibility
You can upgrade your shops.  For example, you can buy decoration, better packaging, garnishes, etc. to improve credibility, or buy better equipment to increase customer satisfaction and production
You can unlock a business advisor.  He gives you more accurate reports of supply and demand, also telling you what your company needs to improve on
A supply/demand/sale price algorithm.  Demand for a product is affected by a changing national taste that you must cater to.  The better you fit the current demand, the higher your maximum profit.  Be careful, though: if you raise a product's supply too much, demand may drop, and your product may be less valuable.
Multiple game modes.  Campaign(set amount of days), God Mode(infinite cash), or Leisure(normal)
Customization.  You can name your character and shop, and even design your own house.
Creation mode.  You can expirement with different recipes, and an algorithm will determine the recipe's traits (dominant taste, health, cost to make, etc.).  You can sell these custom recipes to make more profit
Health inspectors.  All I can say is keep your kitchen clean.
You can unlock new treats.  Donuts, cupcakes, and even ice cream can be bought and customized in Creation mode.

2.Space Race
The sun is about to explode, and you must escape the solar system and enter the Earth's fallback planet.  Platforms have been put up using advanced technology, and you have a suit to give you gravity to escape, but there wasn't enough material, so some platforms at hard to jump to.  Escape before the sun explodes. 
Features:
Choose your path.  After a planet, you can choose to go through space past the next planet or go through the next planet, or sometimes even use a moon.  Traveling through planets is slower but safer, as planets have a ground to catch you if you fall.
Aliens.  They're also escaping the solar system.  You can team up with some, because, as everyone knows, aliens have different abilities depending on the planet they live on.
Intergalactic credits.  Collect them and use them to buy stuff to help you escape

Sorry, this idea isn't very fleshed-out because my hand hurts from using my phone to type this.  Anyway, those are my ideas.

#516 2013-04-16 20:40:48

CAA14
Scratcher

Programmer_112 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Programmer_112 wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

OK.  Thanks.  Here goes

1.Cake Mania
You are an entrepreneur starting a bakery.  Everyone has always complimented you on your delicious desserts, but especially your cakes, so you start your business from those.  You can upgrade your shop to get maximum profit from your products.
Features:
The ability to buy more shops.  How many shops you have affects storage and credibility
You can upgrade your shops.  For example, you can buy decoration, better packaging, garnishes, etc. to improve credibility, or buy better equipment to increase customer satisfaction and production
You can unlock a business advisor.  He gives you more accurate reports of supply and demand, also telling you what your company needs to improve on
A supply/demand/sale price algorithm.  Demand for a product is affected by a changing national taste that you must cater to.  The better you fit the current demand, the higher your maximum profit.  Be careful, though: if you raise a product's supply too much, demand may drop, and your product may be less valuable.
Multiple game modes.  Campaign(set amount of days), God Mode(infinite cash), or Leisure(normal)
Customization.  You can name your character and shop, and even design your own house.
Creation mode.  You can expirement with different recipes, and an algorithm will determine the recipe's traits (dominant taste, health, cost to make, etc.).  You can sell these custom recipes to make more profit
You can unlock new treats.  Donuts, cupcakes, and even ice cream can be bought and customized in Creation mode.

2.Space Race
The sun is about to explode, and you must escape the solar system and enter the Earth's fallback planet.  Platforms have been put up using advanced technology, and you have a suit to give you gravity to escape, but there wasn't enough material, so some platforms at hard to jump to.  Escape before the sun explodes. 
Features:
Choose your path.  After a planet, you can choose to go through space past the next planet or go through the next planet, or sometimes even use a moon.  Traveling through planets is slower but safer, as planets have a ground to catch you if you fall.
Aliens.  They're also escaping the solar system.  You can team up with some, because, as everyone knows, aliens have different abilities depending on the planet they live on.
Intergalactic credits.  Collect them and use them to buy stuff to help you escape

Sorry, this idea isn't very fleshed-out because my hand hurts from using my phone to type this.  Anyway, those are my ideas.

Neat, nice ideas. I particularly like the second one.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#517 2013-04-16 22:45:04

Programmer_112
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Programmer_112 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

OK.  Thanks.  Here goes

1.Cake Mania
Features:

2.Space Race
Features:

Neat, nice ideas. I particularly like the second one.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Thanks.

#518 2013-04-19 16:35:47

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Programmer_112 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Programmer_112 wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

OK.  Thanks.  Here goes

1.Cake Mania
Features:

2.Space Race
Features:

Oh no, they were fleshed-out even more then I expected! Looking at the length, it would've been equal to 4 of my ideas.

Anyway, these are very nice and creative ideas! The second one I feel is the best, especially with the ability to pick your path as you go, and the first one feels similar to my recent Sushi Mania idea, though only in name. Nothing bad there.

A few things that I noticed is that your introduction, or first few sentences, in each idea seemed dry; not very hooking. A good idea needs a good hook. The rest of idea 1 seems to have a lot in it. I'm not sure every scratcher out there is going to be able to do everything there, though if you're listing them as suggestions, then that would've been nice if you had stated that more clearly.

That also brings up another point; when you're giving a suggestion, you have to make that sound as good as possible. For example, let's say I was advertising toothpaste. Boring, average-day, dull toothpaste. Yes, this isn't too related to ideas, though it still holds the same concepts. Anyhow, here's a regular ad:

Toothpaste. Toothpaste. Come buy some toothpaste. It's great.

Boring, right? Now, here's an ad that should be much better:

Wether it's foul breath, germs, or cavities, Super Mint Toothpaste will clear the road for a better life!

I can't believe that I just wrote a toothpaste ad... Anyway, do you see the difference? One has more zest and is slightly catchy. The other isn't.

Well now I'm done! Sorry if that turned into a lecture of sorts, though now I can say that you're in.

So, welcome to the Idea Shop!  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

#519 2013-04-19 16:46:42

Programmer_112
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Programmer_112 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

OK.  Thanks.  Here goes

1.Cake Mania
Features:

2.Space Race
Features:

Oh no, they were fleshed-out even more then I expected! Looking at the length, it would've been equal to 4 of my ideas.

Anyway, these are very nice and creative ideas! The second one I feel is the best, especially with the ability to pick your path as you go, and the first one feels similar to my recent Sushi Mania idea, though only in name. Nothing bad there.

A few things that I noticed is that your introduction, or first few sentences, in each idea seemed dry; not very hooking. A good idea needs a good hook. The rest of idea 1 seems to have a lot in it. I'm not sure every scratcher out there is going to be able to do everything there, though if you're listing them as suggestions, then that would've been nice if you had stated that more clearly.

That also brings up another point; when you're giving a suggestion, you have to make that sound as good as possible. For example, let's say I was advertising toothpaste. Boring, average-day, dull toothpaste. Yes, this isn't too related to ideas, though it still holds the same concepts. Anyhow, here's a regular ad:

Wether it's foul breath, germs, or cavities, Super Mint Toothpaste will clear the road for a better life!

I can't believe that I just wrote a toothpaste ad... Anyway, do you see the difference? One has more zest and is slightly catchy. The other isn't.

Well now I'm done! Sorry if that turned into a lecture of sorts, though now I can say that you're in.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks for the tips!

#520 2013-04-19 17:02:38

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Programmer_112 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Programmer_112 wrote:

OK.  Thanks.  Here goes

1.Cake Mania
Features:

2.Space Race
Features:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks for the tips!

It's nothing. Besides, you were able to indirectly remind me that there's something that I need to do, and if it wasn't for you, I would've forgotten after a bit more time.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#521 2013-04-19 17:53:29

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Wait, should I fill out an idea shop job application form? I mean, you OK'd me, ErnieParke, but I don't really think it's fair for Programmee112 to have to fill out one and I get to skip it. So I should probably give two ideas, too. Right?

#522 2013-04-19 19:15:52

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Wait, should I fill out an idea shop job application form? I mean, you OK'd me, ErnieParke, but I don't really think it's fair for Programmee112 to have to fill out one and I get to skip it. So I should probably give two ideas, too. Right?

Yes, that's if you're wanting to become a member. My rock-of-predicting-the-future says that you are, so I might as well ask for two right now. Could I have one about nostalgia (longing for the past), and another non-game idea? The second one can be about whatever you want. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-04-19 19:16:04)

#523 2013-04-19 19:51:05

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Is the nostalgia one also not a game? Or not?
Here's number 1, if it is a game:
Summary
Up, left, down, right, left, left...
There you see it, just lying there on your shelf. The center of your most cherished childhood memories. Your Rubik's Cube. You spent hours on end trying to solve it.  Left, Down, Down, Up
You hold it. It's scrambled. White piece there, orange there, red on the other side. You solve it. Now, it only takes you a few minutes. It's finally solved. But all of a sudden, it starts glowing. You drop it, not daring to move. Then it pulls you in. You're in the past. Then it hits you. You can't go back to the present until you find it, and solve it again. But there's one problem. Your Rubik's cube broke. Now you must go through various stages in your life, finding and putting it back together, piece by piece.

Basic Gameplay:
-X-Scrolling Platformer, Arrow Keys to move. Space to use abilities (See Advantages/Disadvantages)
-Features 26 Levels throughout multiple stages of life.
-Sepia backgrounds of you at the stage you're at in life

Features:
-Different advantages/disadvantages depending on how old past you is/what past you is doing.
These include:
  Baby You(Limited movement and jumping)
  First love (Get the power of love, which allows you break down barriers, and other love metaphors)
  Marriage (Now you have to guide your wife safely to the exit. She follows wherever you go)

-Cool achievements, like Love is Blind (walk straight into a wall in a First Love stage).

So how'd you like #1? I'm having a little writer's block, but I'll think of number two (The animation one) soon.

#524 2013-04-20 12:19:42

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Is the nostalgia one also not a game? Or not?
Here's number 1, if it is a game:
Summary
Up, left, down, right, left, left...
There you see it, just lying there on your shelf. The center of your most cherished childhood memories. Your Rubik's Cube. You spent hours on end trying to solve it.
Left, Down, Down, Up
You hold it. It's scrambled. White piece there, orange there, red on the other side. You solve it. Now, it only takes you a few minutes. It's finally solved. But all of a sudden, it starts glowing. You drop it, not daring to move. Then it pulls you in. You're in the past. Then it hits you. You can't go back to the present until you find it, and solve it again. But there's one problem. Your Rubik's cube broke. Now you must go through various stages in your life, finding and putting it back together, piece by piece.

Basic Gameplay:
-X-Scrolling Platformer, Arrow Keys to move. Space to use abilities (See Advantages/Disadvantages)
-Features 26 Levels throughout multiple stages of life.
-Sepia backgrounds of you at the stage you're at in life

Features:
-Different advantages/disadvantages depending on how old past you is/what past you is doing.
These include:
  Baby You(Limited movement and jumping)
  First love (Get the power of love, which allows you break down barriers, and other love metaphors)
  Marriage (Now you have to guide your wife safely to the exit. She follows wherever you go)

-Cool achievements, like Love is Blind (walk straight into a wall in a First Love stage).

So how'd you like #1? I'm having a little writer's block, but I'll think of number two (The animation one) soon.

Well, the nostalgia one could be a game (which I see you picked), though you also had the freedom to make it something else, like an animation.

Anyway, I loved your idea! It gave me a strong sense of nostalgia, and it was quite hooking.  Plus, I like how you incorporated love metaphors, which is a very interesting twist.

One thing that I also spotted is that you had specified that there should be 26 levels in here. Most people aren't going to go with a set amount of levels that they hadn't come up with, and so I feel that that part is unnecessary.

Other then that issue, you did a great job!  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

#525 2013-04-20 14:51:03

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Ok. I said 26 because there are 26 pieces of a rubik's cube. Oh well. Thanks! When I clicked on this topic, I was thinking He's going to hate it, He's going to hate it...I guess not. Thanks.

Number 2 (Animation):
You there. That's right. YOU! Sitting on your couch! Watching tv! Do you know what will happen if you keep sitting there? Let me show you...

June 28, 2133
Earth

You see Earth from outer space. Something doesn't look right. You fly closer in your dream bubble. That's it! There's no white! The arctic has melted! Antarctica is just a big chunk of land. No snow or ice anywhere. The clouds are a sickly green color. You fly through the streets of New York. Piles of garbage line them. They're deserted. Absolutely no one in the big city. You enter an apartment to check things out. You here a sound. You go upstairs. A family of five, a man, a woman, and their three children are staring, transfixed at the largest television moniter you've ever seen. They're all obese, the girl alone must be at least one hundred pounds, and she only looks eight years old. You tap the man's shoulder, but he doesn't notice. You're scared. You go to another house. The exact same thing happens. You get an idea. You fly to Washington DC. Surely the president must be all right! But then you feel sick. The white house is no longer there. Nor is the Capitol building. You realize that if the world continues on as it does, it'll turn into this. A place where there's no government, the world's polluted, and everyone's a slave to their television.
     You pop the dream bubble and you're back on the couch. You make a vow, never, ever, to let the tv get the best of you. You go outside and you start to exercise.

Board footer