This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#526 2013-04-11 14:19:03

JH1010
Scratcher

Re: Scripts Workshop: Give and get help with scripts

bump

#527 2013-04-11 15:08:12

topazdragonlord
Scratcher

http://i45.tinypic.com/idumbk.png

#528 2013-04-15 11:02:47

JH1010
Scratcher

I can't find the bug. I've looked through your scripts and they seem to be okay. Sorry I can't help you.

#529 2013-04-16 19:46:12

benbojangles
New Scratcher

can i join????

#530 2013-04-16 19:50:50

ErnieParke
Scratcher

benbojangles wrote:

can i join????

Of course you can! Well welcome to the Scripts Workshop!  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#531 2013-04-16 20:57:51

CAA14
Scratcher

Hey, does anyone know why this is happening:

- I make a list, use the list in several scripts, and every time i save the project and reopen it, the list is gone.
- I delete a global variable, but once i save the project it reappears...

Regards,

CAA14

#532 2013-04-17 15:00:20

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

- I make a list, use the list in several scripts, and every time i save the project and reopen it, the list is gone.

Regards,

CAA14

As for the second one, that means that you're still using the variable somewhere in your scripts, and you need to remove them before you can completely delete the variable. Also, if you haven't noticed by now, this is actually a nice way to convert local variables into global ones, if you ever have to, though I think that some unintended side-effects might occur if you do that seeing as I've had some in similar situations (I don't remember the cause back in those situations).

As for the list, that isn't happening to me, so maybe you have a stray block somewhere that deletes everything. If you share your project, then I could hunt through it for you.  wink

Well I hope that I helped!

With regards,

ErnieParke

#533 2013-04-17 15:22:07

topazdragonlord
Scratcher

JH1010 wrote:

I can't find the bug. I've looked through your scripts and they seem to be okay. Sorry I can't help you.

It's OK- thanks  smile

http://i45.tinypic.com/idumbk.png

#534 2013-04-17 15:26:12

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

As for the second one, that means that you're still using the variable somewhere in your scripts, and you need to remove them before you can completely delete the variable. Also, if you haven't noticed by now, this is actually a nice way to convert local variables into global ones, if you ever have to, though I think that some unintended side-effects might occur if you do that seeing as I've had some in similar situations (I don't remember the cause back in those situations).

As for the list, that isn't happening to me, so maybe you have a stray block somewhere that deletes everything. If you share your project, then I could hunt through it for you.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks for the reply.  smile

And i have a "Delete all of" list block, but right after it deletes all of it it adds something. I thought "Delete all of" just emptied the list, not actually delete it.  sad

Also, i am not exactly sure how that could help change local to global, unless if it's still in use somewhere, then it's changed to a global one.

Thanks again,

Regards,

CAA14

#535 2013-04-17 15:53:01

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

And i have a "Delete all of" list block, but right after it deletes all of it it adds something. I thought "Delete all of" just emptied the list, not actually delete it.  sad

Also, i am not exactly sure how that could help change local to global, unless if it's still in use somewhere, then it's changed to a global one.

Thanks again,

Regards,

CAA14

For the global variable, that's exactly what I think is happening when you do this.

As for the list, do you actually mean that the list disappear/hides, meaning you can't see it? Or do you meant that the list is deleted, and it doesn't appear under the tab saying "Variables"?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#536 2013-04-17 15:58:44

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks again,

Regards,

CAA14

For the global variable, that's exactly what I think is happening when you do this.

As for the list, do you actually mean that the list disappear/hides, meaning you can't see it? Or do you meant that the list is deleted, and it doesn't appear under the tab saying "Variables"?

With regards,

ErnieParke

It doesn't appear in the variables tab. lol, "Why can't i see my list?"... Check it...  tongue

BTW, i found that script that keeps reviving that variable - Fixed, and thanks.

Regards,

CAA14

#537 2013-04-18 15:27:21

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Thanks again,

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

It doesn't appear in the variables tab. lol, "Why can't i see my list?"... Check it...  tongue

Regards,

CAA14

Of course, check-mating it was how this kept on happening!

Anyway, your list shouldn't be disappearing right off of the bat after closing Scratch, and so I suspect that maybe the issue is either in your project, that or you keep on forgetting to save your project after reintroducing the list. So, could I maybe take a look at your project?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#538 2013-04-18 15:39:06

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

By the way, i was being sarcastic, it wasn't that i didn't have it checked, but that it wasn't even there anymore. wink

Anyway, your list shouldn't be disappearing right off of the bat after closing Scratch, and so I suspect that maybe the issue is either in your project, that or you keep on forgetting to save your project after reintroducing the list. So, could I maybe take a look at your project?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Actually, you sure can. It's in my CAA14-NL account and called "Dungeon Danger".
Now, don't think to yourself, "Wow, he's got a lot of problems with his A.I.!", because i know, and i will fix it asap.  wink

Thanks again.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#539 2013-04-18 16:08:27

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

By the way, i was being sarcastic, it wasn't that i didn't have it checked, but that it wasn't even there anymore. wink
Yes, I knew that from the beginning. Can't one have some fun every once in awhile, considering that it's often used in tedious math?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Actually, you sure can. It's in my CAA14-NL account and called "Dungeon Danger".
Now, don't think to yourself, "Wow, he's got a lot of problems with his A.I.!", because i know, and i will fix it asap.  wink

Thanks again.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Just to make sure, what's the name of the list that keeps on disappearing?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-04-18 16:10:42)

#540 2013-04-18 16:11:19

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Yes, I knew that from the beginning. Can't one have some fun every once in awhile, considering that it's often used in tedious math?
Nope, you've used up all the fun you can have. JK, i just was making sure. Wait, your name is "one"? And you'
re talking about yourself in the third person? Wha???
  tongue

With regards,

ErnieParke

Thanks again.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

"unlockedWeapons_DD"

Regards,

CAA14

Last edited by CAA14 (2013-04-18 16:15:57)

#541 2013-04-18 16:16:33

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Thanks again.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

"unlockedWeapons_DD"

Regards,

CAA14

That's an odd situation then because I just quit out of Scratch, reopened it, and that list was still there. Are you sure that you're saving your project correctly before exiting Scratch?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#542 2013-04-18 16:23:06

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

"unlockedWeapons_DD"

Regards,

CAA14

That's an odd situation then because I just quit out of Scratch, reopened it, and that list was still there. Are you sure that you're saving your project correctly before exiting Scratch?

With regards,

ErnieParke

I am if clicking save is the way to do it.  neutral

Regards,

CAA14

#543 2013-04-18 16:59:58

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

"unlockedWeapons_DD"

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

It is. I'm not sure as to what might be happening.  hmm

Anyway, do you by chance have a camera at home that you could use? Also, is there some way that you could share a video with me?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#544 2013-04-18 17:11:52

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

Anyway, do you by chance have a camera at home that you could use? Also, is there some way that you could share a video with me?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Well, i am not sure why i would need to share a video with you to fix this problem.  hmm

Also, i am not allowed/inclined to give out personal information - Not saying you are asking for some, just saying it would depend on what you need the video to be of.

Also, i think it just may be my scratch... I think it's slightly defective.  sad

Regards,

CAA14

#545 2013-04-18 17:47:25

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

Well, i am not sure why i would need to share a video with you to fix this problem.  hmm

Also, i am not allowed/inclined to give out personal information - Not saying you are asking for some, just saying it would depend on what you need the video to be of.

Also, i think it just may be my scratch... I think it's slightly defective.  sad

Regards,

CAA14

Well, I knew that this was going to be a touchy issue....

No, I wasn't going to ask for anything personal; it's like sharing information with a burglar, and I'm extremely against that. Seeing as you too are against it, well... no video. I can't really do anything now without being able to physically see this glitch occur so as to maybe gain a lead.

Well, I wish you luck in fixing this glitch! :)

With regards,

ErnieParke

#546 2013-04-18 17:49:54

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

No, I wasn't going to ask for anything personal; it's like sharing information with a burglar, and I'm extremely against that. Seeing as you too are against it, well... no video. I can't really do anything now without being able to physically see this glitch occur so as to maybe gain a lead.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Ah, i see. And no, i do not think you're a burglar, please don't take an offense, if anyone asks me that, it's the same answer.  wink 

Also, I think I will just reinstall scratch... This isn't the only bug that i have found.  sad

Regards,

CAA14

#547 2013-04-18 18:16:05

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

Ah, i see. And no, i do not think you're a burglar, please don't take an offense, if anyone asks me that, it's the same answer.  wink 

Also, I think I will just reinstall scratch... This isn't the only bug that i have found.  sad

Regards,

CAA14

So you've had other bugs before? That's unfortunate. Well, hopefully this will fix all of them.

Oh, and by the way, I believe you when you said "And no, i do not think you're a burglar, please don't take an offense". It's not as if you're a burglar, or at a fast food restaurant, a burger.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#548 2013-04-18 18:20:10

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

With regards,

ErnieParke

Regards,

CAA14

So you've had other bugs before? That's unfortunate. Well, hopefully this will fix all of them.

Oh, and by the way, I believe you when you said "And no, i do not think you're a burglar, please don't take an offense". It's not as if you're a burglar, or at a fast food restaurant, a burger.

With regards,

ErnieParke

What??  lol 
Seriously, i am lost, it sounds funny but i think you were playing off of "Burglar" being so close to "Burger"...  lol

Also, you didn't take offense right? You understand, right?

Regards,

CAA14

#549 2013-04-19 16:20:07

ErnieParke
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

Regards,

CAA14

With regards,

ErnieParke

What??  lol 
Seriously, i am lost, it sounds funny but i think you were playing off of "Burglar" being so close to "Burger"...  lol

Also, you didn't take offense right? You understand, right?

Regards,

CAA14

Yes, I understand perfectly.

As for the burger joke, I was thinking about a joke that I had once made involving a burglar and burger, and I had forgotten that I was supposed to type burger-lar, though this is still nice.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

#550 2013-04-19 16:21:22

Tohmis
Scratcher

I would like to join  smile

Last edited by Tohmis (2013-04-19 17:38:45)

Check out my new game
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/Tohmis/3300878_sm.png

Board footer