This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2012-09-11 14:42:03

Willpower
Scratcher

Re: New flash project player released!

Is it just me or are some instrument sounds really messed up. I heard someone say that there are going to be less music sounds in 2.0. Whether this is true or not myTubular Bells project now sounds like Timpani Drums! (and it was fine before the new flash player)  yikes

Tubular Bells (or should I say Timpani Drums

http://i49.tinypic.com/e84kdj.png

#77 2012-09-11 15:33:00

TM_
Scratcher

BUG REPORT
Hello, i did not read all posts, so maybe someone already reported this bugs i noticed.
First, some projects work a bit slower. Also some games with scrolling don´t work like they have to. If the location is made of 2 big sprites they appear very fast on the left side and then again on the right side, but they have just to stay on the other side.
The old player hadn´t these bugs, but maybe bases the flickering bug on the slowness bug.
on this project you see it flickering: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/TM_/2239718
I hope you understood what i´m talking about and are able to fix this bugs.

TM_

Last edited by TM_ (2012-09-11 15:44:58)

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/TM_/2323675_sm.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/TM_/2822911_sm.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/TM_/2489524_sm.png

#78 2012-09-11 15:36:24

LiFaytheGoblin
Scratcher

TM_ wrote:

BUG REPORT
Hello, i did not read all posts, so maybe someone already reported this bugs i noticed.
First, some projects work a bit slower. Also some games with scrolling don´t work like they have to. If the location is made of 2 big sprites they appear very fast on the left side and then again on the right side, but they have just to stay on the other side.
The old player hadn´t these bugs, but maybe bases the flickering bug on the slowness bug.
I hope you understood what i´m talking about and are able to fix this bugs.

TM_

you can report bugs here

#79 2012-09-11 15:46:08

ImagineIt
Scratcher

taddl wrote:

i noticed it now ago xD

#80 2012-09-11 15:55:44

legomanz
Scratcher

on this game http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/legomanz/2674990 it is really slow and in the old flash player it worked fine  yikes

Last edited by legomanz (2012-09-11 15:56:06)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2n0vnfm.png

#81 2012-09-11 15:55:48

LiFaytheGoblin
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

taddl wrote:

i noticed it now ago xD

You mean the non-logical thing?
He's german, so he probably meant "Ich habe es gerade eben bemerkt" or how we say in informal language "Ich habe das jetzt eben gemerkt" which would be translated (word by word) to "I noticed it now ago".

Last edited by LiFaytheGoblin (2012-09-12 11:14:13)

#82 2012-09-11 16:18:49

moretzprogramming
Scratcher

Good!

Check out my music, Noise Dots (in flash), and my Upside-Down Cat!

#83 2012-09-11 16:25:23

Molybdenum
Scratcher

Tatl wrote:

MathWizz wrote:

Code:

javascript:var p=document.getElementsByTagName('object')[0];p.removeAttribute('width');p.removeAttribute('height');var s=p.style;s.left=s.right=s.top=s.bottom='0';s.position='fixed';s.width=s.height='100%';s.margin=0;p.ASsetEditMode(true)

wink

EDIT: You will have to run it twice.  neutral

I can't get it to work.

Where am I supposed to use it? What does it do?

Put it in a project's url bar with the new flash player on, the press enter.

"The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake."
(|Balls and Platforms: Stay on!|) (|NaOS-H: An operating system... Or is it?|)

#84 2012-09-11 17:15:13

Nodog438
Scratcher

When I first saw the new flash player I said "What [removed by moderqator]? Did the 2.0 player files get mixed up?" Good thing it didn't happen to Java...yet

Last edited by Paddle2See (2012-09-11 18:42:38)

"Try to learn how to be nice! look it up read the books watch the Sesame Street videos!"-jenngra505, a user on MFG who I feel sorry for

#85 2012-09-11 17:56:17

obsidiousshade
Scratcher

I'm liking the new look! Definitely more streamlined!

Growing Darkness: An Andromeda Production
http://i49.tinypic.com/qqd01c.jpg

#86 2012-09-11 18:15:56

wolvesstar97
Scratcher

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Just noticed it!

I've been seeing some other stuff change a little too (bubble next to comment stream, etc.) or maybe I'm just insane.

GAHH! I dont know whether to be excited for 2.0 or mad that the TBGs are going away!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551365/psyko.png

#87 2012-09-11 18:31:26

ImagineIt
Scratcher

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

taddl wrote:

i noticed it now ago xD

You mean the non-logical thing?
He's german, so he probably meant "Ich habe es gerade eben bemerkt" or how we say in familiar language "Ich habe das jetzt eben gemerkt" which would be translated (word by word) to "I noticed it now ago".

What? I was saying that I agree. Now ago is something that scratch has on comments and projects sometimes.

#88 2012-09-11 18:32:30

funelephant
Scratcher

wolvesstar97 wrote:

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Just noticed it!

I've been seeing some other stuff change a little too (bubble next to comment stream, etc.) or maybe I'm just insane.

I see it too!

Can't wait!

Change the front page now!  big_smile

It's so pretty  smile

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#89 2012-09-11 19:18:41

veggieman001
Scratcher

BirdByte wrote:

It doesn't wanna load on my computer.  hmm

It actually just doesn't show anything while it's loading; wait a minute or so.

#90 2012-09-11 19:20:26

jji7skyline
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

BirdByte wrote:

It doesn't wanna load on my computer.  hmm

It actually just doesn't show anything while it's loading; wait a minute or so.

It's actually the player itself that is loading I think. It takes a little while on my computer as well.

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#91 2012-09-11 19:35:01

co13
Scratcher

PLEASE read the update, and my note, after you are finished reading the first part of this posts.
This is an opinion, so don't bother me about the new FP. I'm also not much of a forums user, but I know how to use them, and know some of the code for it. The flash player lags worse than the java player now. Lightnin, you and the scratch team should really make improvements. I joined scratch the day the original FP was made. It ran very well up until yesterday, b/c of the new one. I've recently finished my project "Expanded Space V.2". It ran very well on the old one. Now it can't outrun a programmed snail. I was waiting for the new one since I joined scratch. I've been on for over 1yr and 6 months and know alot about scratch. I also made a ton of projects, also on my other accounts than I left, and projects that I refused to post. I am really dissapointed in the new flash player, except that full screen works again. It also works like the java now. Java ran animation better than games (like the download). I tested it out with my project "Who's the Boss-Dark Moon". Also, please don't challenge me about testing projects b/c I tested my Expanded Space V.2 over 84 times (I counted). That's only 1 project. I really want you guys to fix this player. Gameplay is my main focus now, ever since I made my project L.B.E. Platformer (Level Builder Engine Platformer). It has reasonable graphics, good programming, good movement, I also figured out how to use the glide button to jump.  It has good music as well (if you like intesne music w/out words). The one thing it lacks is gameplay. I showed my cousin the project, who like one of my remix platformers ("jetpack journey more levels"), my LBE Platformer and he disliked it, b/c the jumping was too slow, and the game was way beyond his difficulty level. You see my point (Scratch Team). I also got complaints already about the new flash player from a few other scratchers, that the new one lags. It feels like you guys went back in time, and switching to the old java. I know how it was like before the FP beta came out. I looked at some old Scratch1.3 projects and concluded that w/out the FP (beta), the games would be pointless. In other words, I explored Scratch1.3 projects. I know you (the scratch team), is working very hard on Scratch2.0, but I don't understand just one thing? Why would you replace the old flash player? Most topics on scratch I do understand. Please don't challenge me to make a project. I would but, I have little free time (comment like those are to regualar/new scratchers, not the scratch team). I really hope you (the scratch team), reverts, or goes back to the original FP. I really hope you are listening to this, b/c last time I added my thoughts on the new FP beta, I was completely ignored, and the java will soon be removed. How are you suppose to play quality animation online now? Java works better w/animations? Also, scratchers will "steal", other scratchers art work now, b/c there won't be a download lock. I've made a disruptor block (helps a download lock, w/hidden sprite). It's the opposite block of the obsolete once. I made an error by modding once. I support remixing, but this will cause more people to quit once they realize more people will steal their stuff such as artwork. Also, I'm not encouraging scratchers to leave at all. I'm just stating the TRUTH.  Scratchers, do NOT leave SCRATCH, it's a great place to learn the basics of programming, making fun stuff like amv's (I have none but seen stuff like Party Rock AMV by muffininja, and Last Train to Awesome town by 363636). Also, to show you're friends some games, and encourage them to JOIN scratch. I think I said enough. Remember freedom of speech, but no use of bad language on scratch. I hope you understand scratch team. -co13/Commander13/TeamEarthquake leader @ [removed by moderator. Please don't post links to personal websites unless they are approved by the Scratch Team] (safe site, do not click ads by other companies, unless you know what you are doing). I think I've written enough (a ton) here. co13-not signing off of this message.

when gf clicked 
say [I dislike the new Flash player, scratch team change it back or make improvements] 
Update1/Dark Star Here's my upcoming projects, enjoy them when they come out. "Expanded Space V.2" is out.

update: If you scratchers didn't like my message, I apologize. I know I kind of raged in this post. I just wanted the Scratch Team to know they had no need to update (downgrade) the flash player. It use to work really well, and no not as well. Now worries anyway, a scratcher skeletonxf told me the Scratch Team will be updating the flash player again, and it will still look the way it is, and might run faster. Skeletonxf had emailed the Scratch Team. Thanks to skeletonxf. All I can do now is hope. Even if the Scratch Team doesn't stand up to my expectations, I will continue using scratch. Good luck Scratch Team!   big_smile

Note: My site was removed. Hmm... I thought you could post them as long as they followed the guidelines. Everything on my site (our) follows the community guidelines except mebow. Community moderator, you wouldn't see bad comments at all on the site, unless you decide to send something like that too you're friend. I guess my site stil wouldn't be approved because of that one thing.

when gf clicked 
think [no worries]

Last edited by co13 (2012-09-14 20:14:17)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#92 2012-09-11 19:50:22

ProgrammingPro01
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

[long post]

That post was a run-on if you ask me.  hmm

Bye 1.4!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sobbing.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#93 2012-09-11 19:59:38

Molybdenum
Scratcher

ProgrammingPro01 wrote:

co13 wrote:

[long post]

That post was a run-on if you ask me.  hmm

"The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake."
(|Balls and Platforms: Stay on!|) (|NaOS-H: An operating system... Or is it?|)

#94 2012-09-11 19:59:48

dvd4
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

This is an opinion, so don't bother me about the new FP. I'm also not much of a forums user, but I know how to use them, and know some of the code for it. The flash player lags worse than the java player now. Lightnin, you and the scratch team should really make improvements. I joined scratch the day the original FP was made. It ran very well up until yesterday, b/c of the new one. I've recently finished my project "Expanded Space V.2". It ran very well on the old one. Now it can't outrun a programmed snail. I was waiting for the new one since I joined scratch. I've been on for over 1yr and 6 months and know alot about scratch. I also made a ton of projects, also on my other accounts than I left, and projects that I refused to post. I am really dissapointed in the new flash player, except that full screen works again. It also works like the java now. Java ran animation better than games (like the download). I tested it out with my project "Who's the Boss-Dark Moon". Also, please don't challenge me about testing projects b/c I tested my Expanded Space V.2 over 84 times (I counted). That's only 1 project. I really want you guys to fix this player. Gameplay is my main focus now, ever since I made my project L.B.E. Platformer (Level Builder Engine Platformer). It has reasonable graphics, good programming, good movement, I also figured out how to use the glide button to jump.  It has good music as well (if you like intesne music w/out words). The one thing it lacks is gameplay. I showed my cousin the project, who like one of my remix platformers ("jetpack journey more levels"), my LBE Platformer and he disliked it, b/c the jumping was too slow, and the game was way beyond his difficulty level. You see my point (Scratch Team). I also got complaints already about the new flash player from a few other scratchers, that the new one lags. It feels like you guys went back in time, and switching to the old java. I know how it was like before the FP beta came out. I looked at some old Scratch1.3 projects and concluded that w/out the FP (beta), the games would be pointless. In other words, I explored Scratch1.3 projects. I know you (the scratch team), is working very hard on Scratch2.0, but I don't understand just one thing? Why would you replace the old flash player? Most topics on scratch I do understand. Please don't challenge me to make a project. I would but, I have little free time (comment like those are to regualar/new scratchers, not the scratch team). I really hope you (the scratch team), reverts, or goes back to the original FP. I really hope you are listening to this, b/c last time I added my thoughts on the new FP beta, I was completely ignored, and the java will soon be removed. How are you suppose to play quality animation online now? Java works better w/animations? Also, scratchers will "steal", other scratchers art work now, b/c there won't be a download lock. I've made a disruptor block (helps a download lock, w/hidden sprite). It's the opposite block of the obsolete once. I made an error by modding once. I support remixing, but this will cause more people to quit once they realize more people will steal their stuff such as artwork. Also, I'm not encouraging scratchers to leave at all. I'm just stating the TRUTH.  Scratchers, do NOT leave SCRATCH, it's a great place to learn the basics of programming, making fun stuff like amv's (I have none but seen stuff like Party Rock AMV by muffininja, and Last Train to Awesome town by 363636). Also, to show you're friends some games, and encourage them to JOIN scratch. I think I said enough. Remember freedom of speech, but no use of bad language on scratch. I hope you understand scratch team. -co13/Commander13/TeamEarthquake leader @ [removed by moderator. Please don't post links to personal websites unless they are approved by the Scratch Team] (safe site, do not click ads by other companies, unless you know what you are doing). I think I've written enough (a ton) here. co13-not signing off of this message.

when gf clicked 
say [I dislike the new Flash player, scratch team change it back or make improvements] 
Update1/Dark Star Here's my upcoming projects, enjoy them when they come out. "Expanded Space V.2" is out.

l little long...

I made a mod  big_smile  It's called blook!
http://i49.tinypic.com/16ia63p.png

#95 2012-09-11 20:02:19

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Guys, chill out, k?  smile  It's just got some bugs. We'll fix it (and soon). Sheesh.

Last edited by Lightnin (2012-09-11 23:11:22)

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#96 2012-09-11 21:00:57

AgentRoop
Scratcher

dvd4 wrote:

co13 wrote:

long thing

l little long...

Don't quote the entire post, just abbreviate it or something.

La La
I wrote an album.

#97 2012-09-11 22:17:14

Shmolagin
Scratcher

Unfortunately the misplaced center bug isn't fixed.

#98 2012-09-11 22:33:17

funelephant
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

This is an opinion, so don't bother me about the new FP. I'm also not much of a forums user, but jibber jabber jibber

We don't need an essay.

Just like... 3 sentences.

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#99 2012-09-11 23:10:26

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Player updated! If you go to a project page w/ flash player, open your console (F12 on Chrome, click "console") and reload, you should see "version 149" now. If not, clear your cache.

Changes:
- disappearing full-screen button and top-bar size issues
  - can't get into edit mode
  - some of the performance issues

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#100 2012-09-11 23:39:33

veggieman001
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Player updated! If you go to a project page w/ flash player, open your console (F12 on Chrome, click "console") and reload, you should see "version 149" now. If not, clear your cache.

Changes:
- disappearing full-screen button and top-bar size issues
  - can't get into edit mode
  - some of the performance issues

Yep, v149.

Board footer