This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#601 2013-04-05 04:39:32

stor
Scratcher

Re: Scratch Gamer Magazine-Now Hiring

PJ9 wrote:

stor wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

What happened yesterday? :3

What did happen yesterday?

April 1st: Pico controlled Scratch and messed up the forums.
April 2nd: All returned Normal.
April 4th: I am writing you this. XD

I don't think I went on scratch that day.

http://i49.tinypic.com/symb8z.jpg

#602 2013-04-05 19:25:55

GameGuy64
Scratcher

PJ9 wrote:

stor wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

What happened yesterday? :3

What did happen yesterday?

April 1st: Pico controlled Scratch and messed up the forums.
April 2nd: All returned Normal.
April 4th: I am writing you this. XD

Oh that. Well, yes I can believe it because it was an April fools joke. Anyone remember Neigh Pony, the replacement of Scratch Cat.

http://i45.tinypic.com/25apxc7.png

#603 2013-05-05 04:03:06

stor
Scratcher

Hi guys, my computer is finally fixed! So we can start getting issue #17 into production. I am giving it two weeks until upload just to get everything back together! Please reply to this is you are a member just to say you are back.

#604 2013-05-05 08:33:19

GameGuy64
Scratcher

Hi! I am here. There are a bunch of articles I've already written to go into the next few weeks' issues.

#605 2013-05-05 08:38:56

GameGuy64
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

I have an idea on an article on the Wii U. I saw that, on Amazon that the prices have been dropped quite dramtically. The basic is now £200 and premium is £250! This (though is quite a good thing for me, as I don't have one yet  tongue ) is quite alarming, as it says to me that they aren't selling, but it could be a mistake.

I have new news on this matter! The Amazon price of the Basic Wii U has dropped further to £150! It is likely that they are trying to empty their stock, and hoping that a low-low price will mean more people buy. The Premium Wii U stays at £200.

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Platform(s): Nintendo Wii
Release date(s): 5th December 2009 (Jp)
9th July 2010 (EU)
10th November 2010 (NA)

PokéPark Wii sees Pikachu (and friends) help other Pokémon to save the PokéPark - a place where Pokémon live together. You control Pikachu, and can ThunderBolt, Dash (Quick Attack) and Iron Tail, in battle, which doesn't use the traditional style, but a more open style where you can move freely. The Pokémon you meet will ask you to play with them, either a Battle or Chase (a small amount play hide-and-seek). There are various areas, which are themed appropriately to the types of Pokémon who live there (e.g. fire and rock in a volcano). There are also attractions, which are mini-games, and you can choose some of Pokémon you have befriended, with some being better at the attraction than others.

The full story isn't very long, nor hard, but that isn't expected from this kind of game. The only properly bad point is the annoying fetch quests (especially the Bidoof ones). Pikachu isn't very strong, and his legs are very small, so when he walks, he moves incredibly slowly, which gets quite annoying.

The game, though it is short, still has a fantastic charm, with the unique (to Pokémon) battle system and lots of your favourite Pokémon, with their own personalities.

6/10

GameGuy64

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Demo
Available from the Wii U and 3DS eShop.

The demo consists of two missions. One easy one and one harder. You have 20 minutes to complete it. Now, this was the first Monster Hunter game I have played, so I'm new to the series. The 'easy' mission, for me - a newbie, was pretty difficult. The monster you have to  hunt takes a ridiculous amount of hits to kill, and it's impossible to tell how much damage you have done to it. On my first try, I chose to use the bow, which  was a terrible mistake. Arrows hardly even dented the thing. And, you have a choice of arrows with thing like 'poison arrow'. Though, these did nothing too, you would think a 'sleep arrow' would put it to sleep, but apparently no, it doesn't.

I'm probably just being a massive n00b, but the demo isn't, honestly, very good. There isn't any sort of tutorial, and arrows are ridiculously underpowered. Maybe the full game will be better when it comes to these things.

Note: This is for the 3DS version, though I assume that the Wii U version of the demo is the same.

By GameGuy64

Last edited by GameGuy64 (2013-05-05 08:40:41)

#606 2013-05-05 09:40:13

kattenelvis
Scratcher

Name: kattenelvis
What position do you want:info finder/resource manager
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g. retro gaming): all (exept indie)
How active are you: 6-7/10
What Gaming consoles do you own:NES, Wii and DSi (i am a nintendo guy)

This seems really good idea  smile 
(sorry if my english is bad somethimes)

http://i38.tinypic.com/35b8d4n.png

#607 2013-05-06 09:16:41

stor
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

Hi! I am here. There are a bunch of articles I've already written to go into the next few weeks' issues.

Thanks, I better get to work and do some articles myself.

#608 2013-05-06 09:17:47

stor
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

I have an idea on an article on the Wii U. I saw that, on Amazon that the prices have been dropped quite dramtically. The basic is now £200 and premium is £250! This (though is quite a good thing for me, as I don't have one yet  tongue ) is quite alarming, as it says to me that they aren't selling, but it could be a mistake.

I have new news on this matter! The Amazon price of the Basic Wii U has dropped further to £150! It is likely that they are trying to empty their stock, and hoping that a low-low price will mean more people buy. The Premium Wii U stays at £200.

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Platform(s): Nintendo Wii
Release date(s): 5th December 2009 (Jp)
9th July 2010 (EU)
10th November 2010 (NA)

PokéPark Wii sees Pikachu (and friends) help other Pokémon to save the PokéPark - a place where Pokémon live together. You control Pikachu, and can ThunderBolt, Dash (Quick Attack) and Iron Tail, in battle, which doesn't use the traditional style, but a more open style where you can move freely. The Pokémon you meet will ask you to play with them, either a Battle or Chase (a small amount play hide-and-seek). There are various areas, which are themed appropriately to the types of Pokémon who live there (e.g. fire and rock in a volcano). There are also attractions, which are mini-games, and you can choose some of Pokémon you have befriended, with some being better at the attraction than others.

The full story isn't very long, nor hard, but that isn't expected from this kind of game. The only properly bad point is the annoying fetch quests (especially the Bidoof ones). Pikachu isn't very strong, and his legs are very small, so when he walks, he moves incredibly slowly, which gets quite annoying.

The game, though it is short, still has a fantastic charm, with the unique (to Pokémon) battle system and lots of your favourite Pokémon, with their own personalities.

6/10

GameGuy64

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Demo
Available from the Wii U and 3DS eShop.

The demo consists of two missions. One easy one and one harder. You have 20 minutes to complete it. Now, this was the first Monster Hunter game I have played, so I'm new to the series. The 'easy' mission, for me - a newbie, was pretty difficult. The monster you have to  hunt takes a ridiculous amount of hits to kill, and it's impossible to tell how much damage you have done to it. On my first try, I chose to use the bow, which  was a terrible mistake. Arrows hardly even dented the thing. And, you have a choice of arrows with thing like 'poison arrow'. Though, these did nothing too, you would think a 'sleep arrow' would put it to sleep, but apparently no, it doesn't.

I'm probably just being a massive n00b, but the demo isn't, honestly, very good. There isn't any sort of tutorial, and arrows are ridiculously underpowered. Maybe the full game will be better when it comes to these things.

Note: This is for the 3DS version, though I assume that the Wii U version of the demo is the same.

By GameGuy64

These were in issue #16.

#609 2013-05-06 09:19:49

stor
Scratcher

kattenelvis wrote:

Name: kattenelvis
What position do you want:info finder/resource manager
What area of gaming do you specilise in (e.g. retro gaming): all (exept indie)
How active are you: 6-7/10
What Gaming consoles do you own:NES, Wii and DSi (i am a nintendo guy)

This seems really good idea  smile 
(sorry if my english is bad somethimes)

It's okay, as long as I can understand what it means! So I never really though propley about the job of a resource manager and info finder so what do you want to do?

Board footer