This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#301 2013-01-05 06:45:45

stor
Scratcher

Re: Scratch Gamer Magazine-Now Hiring

Issue #7

Note: 300th post in this forum.

http://i49.tinypic.com/symb8z.jpg

#302 2013-01-05 06:46:55

stor
Scratcher

Sorry I havent relpyed to many comments, I've been stressed out trying to get the mag done on time. Thank you for all your contributions. Lets start getting ready for next week's mag!

#303 2013-01-05 06:56:31

minecraftpe123
Scratcher

stor wrote:

Sorry I havent relpyed to many comments, I've been stressed out trying to get the mag done on time. Thank you for all your contributions. Lets start getting ready for next week's mag!

What day will it be out? An I in?

#304 2013-01-05 07:17:06

minecraftpe123
Scratcher

Please could you make a magazine for scratch games which would contain reviews of the best scratch games of the month, previews of upcoming good looking games(like game trailers and stuff...) and interviews with scratchers which have an Intresting game coming up.

Please do this, it will be so cool(even if you do it every fortnight or month) I don't when mind if you give me no credit for the idea.

#305 2013-01-05 08:05:42

stor
Scratcher

minecraftpe123 wrote:

Please could you make a magazine for scratch games which would contain reviews of the best scratch games of the month, previews of upcoming good looking games(like game trailers and stuff...) and interviews with scratchers which have an Intresting game coming up.

Please do this, it will be so cool(even if you do it every fortnight or month) I don't when mind if you give me no credit for the idea.

I did, but it failed, but please feel free to make your own, I'll be part of it, I just don't want to be in charge of it, I don't feel as devoted to scratch games as I do to real ones.

#306 2013-01-05 09:46:12

GameGuy64
Scratcher

Rik408 wrote:

I have a few games I would review, but I don't have a NES anymore. If you can play any of these, its worth reviewing them.

Metal Gear
Kid Icarus
The Legend of Zelda - This game basically started the RPG genre. Worth going into.
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Rygar

I can play Zelda and Kid Icarus on my 3DS (Ambassador program)

http://i45.tinypic.com/25apxc7.png

#307 2013-01-05 09:58:32

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Thanks guys for putting my review in the mag. My next review I am thinking of is Super Pac-Man.

Last edited by Shadow36821 (2013-01-05 10:07:51)

#308 2013-01-05 11:11:46

Shadow36821
Scratcher

oh yeah, and issue #10 could be a special issue

#309 2013-01-05 11:37:08

GameGuy64
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

And I have have some ideas. For each game I think we should tell people which platform it is on, the developer, release date, and where you can buy the game.
Also, I would like to write a segment showcasing a free-game, if that's all right

Bumping this post up  tongue

#310 2013-01-05 11:40:18

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Bump

#311 2013-01-05 11:51:19

stor
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

And I have have some ideas. For each game I think we should tell people which platform it is on, the developer, release date, and where you can buy the game.
Also, I would like to write a segment showcasing a free-game, if that's all right

Bumping this post up  tongue

I allow app-store titles, just no online  flash games.

#312 2013-01-05 11:52:20

stor
Scratcher

Shadow36821 wrote:

oh yeah, and issue #10 could be a special issue

10 isn't that much of an achivement, I could mention it but it aint that special.

#313 2013-01-05 13:38:06

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Ok, here is my review,

Super Pac-Man review:
This pac-man game was easier than the original, instead of pac-dots, there were huge pieces of food that weren't covering the entire stage like the original Pac-man. They had a new pac-dot that was green and 10x the size of a regular pac-dot. It made Pac-Man turn big, but the only thing it really did was make you invincible so the ghosts cant get you, which makes the ghosts all flat and COMPLETELY takes the fun out of the game. Once you beat the first 5 levels thanks to the "super pac-dot",
you should realize that there is no challenge to the game! All you have to do to win is get the super pac-dot, then, while Pac-man is giant, get the ghost-eating pac-dot, then eat the ghosts, then get the huge chunks of food! Then you have beaten the level! Whats the fun of that?! 4/10

#314 2013-01-05 15:31:33

GameGuy64
Scratcher

stor wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

Bumping this post up :P

I allow app-store titles, just no online  flash games.

Oh, ok :P

#315 2013-01-05 21:14:21

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Bump

#316 2013-01-06 02:31:25

stor
Scratcher

Shadow36821 wrote:

Ok, here is my review,

Super Pac-Man review:
This pac-man game was easier than the original, instead of pac-dots, there were huge pieces of food that weren't covering the entire stage like the original Pac-man. They had a new pac-dot that was green and 10x the size of a regular pac-dot. It made Pac-Man turn big, but the only thing it really did was make you invincible so the ghosts cant get you, which makes the ghosts all flat and COMPLETELY takes the fun out of the game. Once you beat the first 5 levels thanks to the "super pac-dot",
you should realize that there is no challenge to the game! All you have to do to win is get the super pac-dot, then, while Pac-man is giant, get the ghost-eating pac-dot, then eat the ghosts, then get the huge chunks of food! Then you have beaten the level! Whats the fun of that?! 4/10

Hey thanks, this is way in advance, next issue is Friday, but may as well get it done. You know you can do multiple things? I mean for issue 6 Rik408 created about 4 different articles.

#317 2013-01-06 02:36:30

stor
Scratcher

Hello everybody. A reminder that all articles and reviews need to be in for Thursday to make it into the mag for Friday.

Active Members List:

-Stor
-Gameguy64
-Shadow36821
-Rik408
-PJ9
-minecraftpe123
-fillergames

Tell me if you want to be a active member again and your not in this list, if I get no response by tomorrow, I am wiping the members list and only putting the above on it.

#318 2013-01-06 03:12:19

stor
Scratcher

stor wrote:

Hello everybody. A reminder that all articles and reviews need to be in for Thursday to make it into the mag for Friday.

Active Members List:

-Stor
-Gameguy64
-Shadow36821
-Rik408
-PJ9
-minecraftpe123
-fillergames

Tell me if you want to be a active member again and your not in this list, if I get no response by tomorrow, I am wiping the members list and only putting the above on it.

Bump

#319 2013-01-06 04:53:28

Rik408
Scratcher

яïҜš řǖm¤Ŕş

Pokemon Green - Lavender Town Suicides

Creepy stuff below viewers. The title says it all.
Back when pokemon first came out everything seemed like flowers and meadows, aside from team rocket, who back then, cut off slowpoke tails and sold Pokemon. All was fine until children came across lavender town. The music had a very high pitched sound that irritated children and gave them headaches. Though because the game was so great and amazing, the children kept on playing through it. This cause many parents to take the gameboys and games off the children. The children couldn't handle the game being taken off them and would commit SUICIDE.

There is a second part to this story where an investigator, who lost his kids and wife in some fatal accident, goes into the case and finds that it wasn't lavender town at all. After chasing leads, he finds that a majority of the developers committed suicide also. One of the developers was found alive and said there was something at the start of the game that someone said would make it more addictive, the developer said it was a bad idea, the person put it in anyway. After this conversation the developer kills himself in front of the investigator.

The investigator found the last developer alive, and assumed he put the event in. He was the person who came up with it. He never revealed anything, though the investigator kept pressing, until eventually the developer killed himself.

The old lavender town song was removed before pokemon saw an international release and really did make children have headaches. Nobody knows if the second part is true, though none of the old pokemon greens seem to exist any more. As always, be careful.

NOTE - Don't put this part in.
The second part is definitely fake though, I cut off the ending because it involves the investigator playing a game and meeting his dead family and being taken by them. FAAAAAKE. Its more believable if I cut it off.

http://i.imgur.com/ILdKn.pnghttp://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/478756/food.gif

#320 2013-01-06 06:00:45

stor
Scratcher

Rik408 wrote:

яïҜš řǖm¤Ŕş

Pokemon Green - Lavender Town Suicides

Creepy stuff below viewers. The title says it all.
Back when pokemon first came out everything seemed like flowers and meadows, aside from team rocket, who back then, cut off slowpoke tails and sold Pokemon. All was fine until children came across lavender town. The music had a very high pitched sound that irritated children and gave them headaches. Though because the game was so great and amazing, the children kept on playing through it. This cause many parents to take the gameboys and games off the children. The children couldn't handle the game being taken off them and would commit SUICIDE.

There is a second part to this story where an investigator, who lost his kids and wife in some fatal accident, goes into the case and finds that it wasn't lavender town at all. After chasing leads, he finds that a majority of the developers committed suicide also. One of the developers was found alive and said there was something at the start of the game that someone said would make it more addictive, the developer said it was a bad idea, the person put it in anyway. After this conversation the developer kills himself in front of the investigator.

The investigator found the last developer alive, and assumed he put the event in. He was the person who came up with it. He never revealed anything, though the investigator kept pressing, until eventually the developer killed himself.

The old lavender town song was removed before pokemon saw an international release and really did make children have headaches. Nobody knows if the second part is true, though none of the old pokemon greens seem to exist any more. As always, be careful.

NOTE - Don't put this part in.
The second part is definitely fake though, I cut off the ending because it involves the investigator playing a game and meeting his dead family and being taken by them. FAAAAAKE. Its more believable if I cut it off.

Okay thanks.

#321 2013-01-06 12:39:00

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Here, since I can do more than one article I will do Pokemon Red/Blue version.

Pokemon Red/Blue version review:
The first games in the series and what started the series as well, Pokemon red/blue was a fun game.  It started out in Kanto, where players got to have a Pokemon from Prof. Oak.
Also, you have a rival who will pick your starters weakness, which, at times can make him annoying. As usual, you must defeat all 8 gym leaders, and the Pokemon League, also battling the evil Pokemon organization, Team Rocket. The game was fun with a basic 151 Pokemon to offer in the first title of the series.
It had glitches such as MissingNo. and the mew glitch, which allowed you to get a mew when doing a glitch. The game was extremely fun, with twists to the game at various times. The Pokemon League part was intense because right when you beat 1 of the Elite Four, you went straight to the next one. The champion (Warning, spoiler alert) turns out to be your rival. Once you beat him, Prof. oak comes in and honors you, then takes you to the hall of fame. Then you have beaten the game.

This game was originally released on the regular Game Boy so the game was in black and white, however, if you play it on the Game Boy Color, the game is not in black and white, but in color instead. However it does not look good due to Nintendo having to to make a copied port of the game for the GBC and finish it fast, so it is colored poorly. Score: 9.6/10

Last edited by Shadow36821 (2013-01-06 16:08:32)

#322 2013-01-06 12:40:54

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Bump

#323 2013-01-07 02:41:47

stor
Scratcher

Shadow36821 wrote:

Here, since I can do more than one article I will do Pokemon Red/Blue version.

Pokemon Red/Blue version review:
The first games in the series and what started the series as well, Pokemon red/blue was a fun game.  It started out in Kanto, where players got to have a Pokemon from Prof. Oak.
Also, you have a rival who will pick your starters weakness, which, at times can make him annoying. As usual, you must defeat all 8 gym leaders, and the Pokemon League, also battling the evil Pokemon organization, Team Rocket. The game was fun with a basic 151 Pokemon to offer in the first title of the series.
It had glitches such as MissingNo. and the mew glitch, which allowed you to get a mew when doing a glitch. The game was extremely fun, with twists to the game at various times. The Pokemon League part was intense because right when you beat 1 of the Elite Four, you went straight to the next one. The champion (Warning, spoiler alert) turns out to be your rival. Once you beat him, Prof. oak comes in and honors you, then takes you to the hall of fame. Then you have beaten the game.

This game was originally released on the regular Game Boy so the game was in black and white, however, if you play it on the Game Boy Color, the game is not in black and white, but in color instead. However it does not look good due to Nintendo having to to make a copied port of the game for the GBC and finish it fast, so it is colored poorly. Score: 9.6/10

Thanks, I'll add that now.

#324 2013-01-07 03:57:54

Rik408
Scratcher

Shadow36821 wrote:

This game was originally released on the regular Game Boy so the game was in black and white,

That was standard for its time. The only handheld that bested it (That I know of) was the Atari Lynx, though the screen had problems. This shouldn't have affected the game's rating at all because it did the best it could in terms of graphics with such limitations. R/G/B/Y and G/S/C are definately in my top 25 games, plus Pokemon Silver was my first game.

Last edited by Rik408 (2013-01-07 03:58:11)

http://i.imgur.com/ILdKn.pnghttp://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/478756/food.gif

#325 2013-01-07 09:00:48

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Rik408 wrote:

Shadow36821 wrote:

This game was originally released on the regular Game Boy so the game was in black and white,

That was standard for its time. The only handheld that bested it (That I know of) was the Atari Lynx, though the screen had problems. This shouldn't have affected the game's rating at all because it did the best it could in terms of graphics with such limitations. R/G/B/Y and G/S/C are definately in my top 25 games, plus Pokemon Silver was my first game.

It didnt affect the rating at all.

Board footer