This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-08-11 22:35:42

imnotbob
Scratcher

Minecraft Pocket Edition

I'm so upset that they updated it. They used to have an awesome glitch but the update ruined it D=. But we have bows now!

Do you have any ideas for me to use my 15 or so stacks of cobblestone? I need room in my inventory =P. They really need chests.

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#2 2012-08-11 23:23:50

puppetadventurer
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Pocket Edition

What was the awesome glitch?

#3 2012-08-11 23:55:24

16Skittles
Scratcher

puppetadventurer wrote:

You could craft a block of diamond, iron, etc. for 6 of the items, then craft it back into the minerals and get 9, so effectively infinite minerals.

http://16skittles.tk/sig.png
Are you a student? Check out OnSchedule!

#4 2012-08-12 00:47:57

puppetadventurer
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

puppetadventurer wrote:

You could craft a block of diamond, iron, etc. for 6 of the items, then craft it back into the minerals and get 9, so effectively infinite minerals.

Oh cool

#5 2012-08-12 06:16:37

nathanprocks
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

puppetadventurer wrote:

Yeah I loved that... I only just found diamonds today. Another time I found diamonds on PE was on the old version where you could only get stone pickaxe and there was no crafting table or furnaces. With all my cobble, I made a big "mob spawner" because I noticed that the brightness or the torches isn't that good and I made 2 completely dark rooms that spawns lots of zombies, spiders and skeletons lol. I also used the rest to build a tower to shoot from lol. It sucks how you can't craft wool from string because I have over a stack of it.

http://carrot.cassiedragonandfriends.org/Scratch_Signature/randomsig.php
http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=nathanprocks&display=small

#6 2012-08-12 11:52:48

imnotbob
Scratcher

nathanprocks wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

puppetadventurer wrote:

Yeah I loved that... I only just found diamonds today. Another time I found diamonds on PE was on the old version where you could only get stone pickaxe and there was no crafting table or furnaces. With all my cobble, I made a big "mob spawner" because I noticed that the brightness or the torches isn't that good and I made 2 completely dark rooms that spawns lots of zombies, spiders and skeletons lol. I also used the rest to build a tower to shoot from lol. It sucks how you can't craft wool from string because I have over a stack of it.

Whoa spiders and skeletons now? Oh well. Unlimited arrows I guess.

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#7 2012-08-13 02:25:02

nathanprocks
Scratcher

imnotbob wrote:

nathanprocks wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

Whoa spiders and skeletons now? Oh well. Unlimited arrows I guess.

No. You have to craft the bow and either get arrows from skeletons or craft them.

http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=nathanprocks&display=small

#8 2012-08-13 06:14:18

whizzer
Scratcher

I only have the Lite version… the last update for it was the one before the crafting update.
It sucks.

http://i46.tinypic.com/33df6me.png I'm whizzer0 for all things Minecraft.

#9 2012-08-20 16:47:21

legolupino
Scratcher

Okay, two stories. 1: I used the seed "fishtank" and after mining for less than 20 minutes I found 3 diamond veins!
2: (this one's better. and about Herobrine) PART 1: Okay, so I was playing PE with my sister over LAN, and it was night. I got killed by zombies, then respawned aways from my house. I headed towards it, but I spotted a figure in the distance. I headed towards it. It looked like my sister, but then again, everyone looks alike in PE. I asked my sister where she was, and she said she was nowhere near there. I approached him. He didn't move. When I got real close, his arm swung up really fast and knocked me backwards around 7 blocks, damaging me. I decided to wait for backup (until my sister got there.) When she got there, she said she couldn't see him on her screen at all. I left the spot, and when I came back later, he was gone. PART 2: The next day (real life, not the game), I was playing with my sis again and I spotted you-know-who yet again! This time, it was day. I didn't approach him this time, but I left. later I checked on him, and he was gone. I took screenshots of "Herobrine" both times, but I don't know how to post them. If someone could tell me, I'll show you them asap. See everyone later!

#10 2012-08-21 05:39:58

nathanprocks
Scratcher

legolupino wrote:

Okay, two stories. 1: I used the seed "fishtank" and after mining for less than 20 minutes I found 3 diamond veins!
2: (this one's better. and about Herobrine) PART 1: Okay, so I was playing PE with my sister over LAN, and it was night. I got killed by zombies, then respawned aways from my house. I headed towards it, but I spotted a figure in the distance. I headed towards it. It looked like my sister, but then again, everyone looks alike in PE. I asked my sister where she was, and she said she was nowhere near there. I approached him. He didn't move. When I got real close, his arm swung up really fast and knocked me backwards around 7 blocks, damaging me. I decided to wait for backup (until my sister got there.) When she got there, she said she couldn't see him on her screen at all. I left the spot, and when I came back later, he was gone. PART 2: The next day (real life, not the game), I was playing with my sis again and I spotted you-know-who yet again! This time, it was day. I didn't approach him this time, but I left. later I checked on him, and he was gone. I took screenshots of "Herobrine" both times, but I don't know how to post them. If someone could tell me, I'll show you them asap. See everyone later!

1. You should try the seed "nyan".
2. I have not seen Herobrine myself, but there is a really annoying bug that always happens when my friends and I play multiplayer on Pocket Edition where you (usually the host player) walk into someone and they get knocked back, like what happened to you.
To get photos or screenshots from your iOS device, go into iTunes and maybe try to save the pictures. On Android, plug the device in and find it in 'My Computer'. I have a jailbroken iPod, so transferring files can be done through Bluetooth or WLAN.

#11 2012-11-06 13:15:03

l-drago100000
Scratcher

legolupino wrote:

I have a Herobrine expirience too! I was playing on the lite version on creative with my friend ( i have the full version but he didn't so i downloaded it) and he hid in the water so i looked for him and all of a sudden I just got hurt for no reason and no hearts appeared on the screen ( i was in creative) and i just died.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5867/ld1j.png Now testing Scratch Beta 2.0.

#12 2012-11-06 13:27:08

DigiTechs
Scratcher

I've not played the PE version of Minecraft, but I know Minecraft is fun  tongue

Also, one day when I was walking home from school I saw a kid with a PSP, I heard Minecraft sounds from it so I assumed he was playing Minecraft.

EDIT: Derp. I need to spell correctly.

Last edited by DigiTechs (2012-11-06 13:27:32)

I'm back.
Maybe.

#13 2012-11-07 10:50:07

TheCatAndTheBanana
Scratcher

Seed "silverfish" spawns you on a massive ice area.

And who wants loads of wood doors?

You need:
A wood door

1. Find an ice area.
2. Try placing the door on the ice.
3. It becomes two doors. Collect them.
4. Place again.
5. Doors.

My Newest Project!
Ceta? wat r u doin? CETA! STAHP!

#14 2012-11-07 10:51:57

Snowdrift
Scratcher

What do you guys think is the best device to play PE on?

#15 2012-11-07 13:02:05

FistofDeath
New Scratcher

I am getting that for iPod touch.

#16 2012-11-07 15:32:42

16Skittles
Scratcher

Snowdrift wrote:

iPad. The default controls are awkward, but it's beautiful with the split touch controls enabled. The problem with iPhone gaming is that the fingers would cover the entire screen. One thing I've noticed is that it's important to keep the brightness up, though, or else it will be too hard to read.

Last edited by 16Skittles (2012-11-07 15:33:19)

http://16skittles.tk/sig.png
Are you a student? Check out OnSchedule!

#17 2012-11-07 20:42:51

majormax
Scratcher

I don't find my fingers to cover the entire screen on my iPod Touch, just the two lower corners. Really doesn't get in the way actually.

#18 2012-11-07 22:07:43

banana500
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

Snowdrift wrote:

iPad. The default controls are awkward, but it's beautiful with the split touch controls enabled. The problem with iPhone gaming is that the fingers would cover the entire screen. One thing I've noticed is that it's important to keep the brightness up, though, or else it will be too hard to read.

Agreed.

I tried it on iPhone once and my thumbs kept covering the entire screen. It was horribly frustrating. I tried it on iPad, and it worked out better, since I have more screen area to work with.

But I have to say, in my honest opinion, Pocket Edition sucks. It is incredibly inferior to the PC game and is horribly limited. I seriously don't like it at all. I'd rather stick with my PC version, thank you very much.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#19 2012-11-08 08:25:40

epicepicman
Scratcher

Has anyone heard of the nether reactor?

It's going to be in the next update. When you punch it, zombie pigmen and different Nether items start spawning. It looks fun!

If you want something to do while Scratch is down, check out tbgs.tk! It's the new version of the (closed) Scratch TBGS, run by Scratchers! I'm going to spend most of my time there, anyway.

#20 2012-11-08 11:04:48

Snowdrift
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

Snowdrift wrote:

The problem with iPhone gaming is that the fingers would cover the entire screen.

I guess that why we have the Xperia Play  tongue

#21 2012-11-08 15:28:50

majormax
Scratcher

Snowdrift wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

Snowdrift wrote:

The problem with iPhone gaming is that the fingers would cover the entire screen.

I guess that why we have the Xperia Play  tongue

I guess so  tongue
Apple should make an iPlay

#22 2012-11-18 10:39:38

l-drago100000
Scratcher

0.5.0 is out!!!!!

#23 2012-11-18 10:40:43

l-drago100000
Scratcher

Who else here plays on an android?

#24 2012-11-18 11:56:15

Squawkers13
Scratcher

I play demo on Android and 0.5.0 on iOS

http://pekkit.net/banners/pekkit.png

#25 2013-04-29 04:55:59

liam48D
Scratcher

Yay! I can't wait! Its multi-player! I can't wait! I checked just now on the wiki and it says that it is still 0.6.1, though if I read correctly (I'm sure I did!), Pocket Edition 0.7.0 WAS coming out in late March, but now apparently late April. And by that they mean sometime REALLY late april, because Its Monday the 29th of April here. Unless the time zone is different by quite a bit, then it will come out on Monday the 29th or Tuesday the 30th. In either case, lets have a party! In within 48 hours, Pocket Edition 0.7.0 is coming! Yay! LOL!  big_smile ! So, here we should talk about what we want to do in Pocket Edition 0.7.0: we could farm (I'm not a farmer, I have to admit), we could mine, we could fight mobs, we could make a - wait, I was going to say Nether Portal, but that's probably out in something like 1.0 - Nether Reactor if its still there. Hey, what's your opinion on the Nether Reactor? I think its cool and I don't know why its not in the computer game. It is a lot too expensive to the small worlds with no caves of pocket edition. I searched for a good while and only found about 16 gold. And I was searching at bedrock! The core isn't very expensive, just 4 diamonds and considering how you usually get about 8 diamonds in a pack, it is not that expensive. But I guess it was made for the free items. Well, not free.. I dislike how it makes all the gold blocks into obsidian D=. I don't know when it will come out, just today or tomorrow. Anyways, I just talked a lot and gotta check out my 2 notifications, so bye for know!
  - Liam4

Board footer