This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-08-07 16:35:02

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

Why is creepypasta allowed on scratch and not some types of screamers?

I flagged the jeff the killer pasta. my opinion-terrible terrible terrible. and it took much more than that to get things closed. like flutterjeff, which took down all of samid11's pasta thread.  I don't see why mods just delete the bad pastas, and keep the OK, not for everybody ones! and then the exorcist scary face is not allowed! it really isn't that bad. it's just a greenish scratched up girl face from a horror movie! maybe it's just the movie reference...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/jackdelamare/JPIV/JPIV-Userbar2.png after seven years of development fails I'm impatient... IT MUST COME

#2 2012-08-07 16:37:15

banana500
Scratcher

Re: Why is creepypasta allowed on scratch and not some types of screamers?

Wait, were you the one that flagged my post of Jeff the Killer on a creepypasta thread?

Don't worry, I'm not mad about it.  lol

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#3 2012-08-07 16:43:35

imnotbob
Scratcher

Because, if a story gets too creepy, you can just ignore it, or a whole topic filled with them. But you can't ignore a picture that randomly comes up on your screen.

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#4 2012-08-07 16:45:06

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Well, creepypastas are scary stories; so for the most part you easily know that you're going to view a creepypasta project when you see it. Screamers, though, are intentionally designed to fool people, which is more likely to badly scare a young kid.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#5 2012-08-08 11:14:27

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Wait, were you the one that flagged my post of Jeff the Killer on a creepypasta thread?

Don't worry, I'm not mad about it.  lol

I might have. sorry, I'm against that pasta.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/jackdelamare/JPIV/JPIV-Userbar2.png after seven years of development fails I'm impatient... IT MUST COME

#6 2012-08-08 11:20:54

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

Well, creepypastas are scary stories; so for the most part you easily know that you're going to view a creepypasta project when you see it. Screamers, though, are intentionally designed to fool people, which is more likely to badly scare a young kid.

I still don't get it. creepypasta can be fun stories that give you the creeps, but a lot of the ones I find are just GROSS and terrible.  jeff the killer is gory, but mainly sad. I used to be fearless is a bit gruesome, but is for the most part, entertainment. I read one story about a kid eating candy and then getting his head torn off with description by a monster! I used to be fearless is one thing, but "OFF WITH UR HEAD" is another. see what I mean? but another thing to think about- in first grade, one of my friends had seen The RIng when he was three. but some people (like me) don't get TOO scared with screamers, but would likely have nightmares if I watched A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. is creepypasta mainly a matter of opinion?

#7 2012-08-08 17:13:28

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

I still don't get it. creepypasta can be fun stories that give you the creeps, but a lot of the ones I find are just GROSS and terrible.  jeff the killer is gory, but mainly sad. I used to be fearless is a bit gruesome, but is for the most part, entertainment. I read one story about a kid eating candy and then getting his head torn off with description by a monster! I used to be fearless is one thing, but "OFF WITH UR HEAD" is another. see what I mean? but another thing to think about- in first grade, one of my friends had seen The RIng when he was three. but some people (like me) don't get TOO scared with screamers, but would likely have nightmares if I watched A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. is creepypasta mainly a matter of opinion?

You could report a creepypasta and the moderators can ultimately decide whether or not it's something to be removed or not, but keep in mind that creepypastas are stories, and like any other stories you can either like it or dislike it.

Aside from that, when reading a creepypastas or other horror story, the reader can already expect a scare of some sort. This is not the same case with a screamer, which is designed to fool people.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#8 2012-08-08 19:27:14

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

You could report a creepypasta and the moderators can ultimately decide whether or not it's something to be removed or not, but keep in mind that creepypastas are stories, and like any other stories you can either like it or dislike it.

Aside from that, when reading a creepypastas or other horror story, the reader can already expect a scare of some sort. This is not the same case with a screamer, which is designed to fool people.

okay. I understand. I just don't look at pasta. some is really good, though. sorry about all this junk I"m talking about. thanks for using your time on this :3 (wow, I barely ever use that emoticon)

#9 2012-08-10 21:00:48

nama
Scratcher

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

I flagged the jeff the killer pasta. my opinion-terrible terrible terrible.

If I didn't like a project you made, would I flag it?
No. So why flag a creepypasta just cause you don't like it?

You say goodbye to 1.4, I say hello to 2.0.

#10 2012-08-13 12:37:15

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

nama wrote:

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

you could flag it, but the thing is, jeff the killer is just... okay I hate it. let's see... is jeff the killer violating community guidelines? does it have swearing? I think so. does it have blood/gore? yes. does it have killing? yes.

do my projects have blood, gore, killing, and swearing? nope

#11 2012-08-13 12:46:26

nama
Scratcher

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

nama wrote:

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

you could flag it, but the thing is, jeff the killer is just... okay I hate it. let's see... is jeff the killer violating community guidelines? does it have swearing? I think so. does it have blood/gore? yes. does it have killing? yes.

I thought you meant that you flagged it just because it was a creepypasta that you didn't like. It's alright is you consider it innapropriate.
Swears were censored in the version posteed in the New pasta thread.

#12 2013-04-28 10:32:57

BOBBYBOB3
Scratcher

nama wrote:

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

nama wrote:

I thought you meant that you flagged it just because it was a creepypasta that you didn't like. It's alright is you consider it innapropriate.

See, it's super sad as well.

Who likes people killing their parents and (assumed) brother?

#13 2013-04-28 11:34:53

nama
Scratcher

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

nama wrote:

BOBBYBOB3 wrote:

See, it's super sad as well.

Who likes people killing their parents and (assumed) brother?

sad stories can still be good

#14 2013-04-28 12:57:46

Suparing01
New Scratcher

Creepypasta. It's in the name, so people should be aware when going on it. With screamers, you have no warning. For example, if a scratch project was to be titled 'Kick the Penguin' and as soon as you clicked on the penguin, a screamer popped up. That isn't the viewers fault, he/she only wanted to go on a normal game. Also, I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I played The Scary Maze Game when I was younger, and since then, I've had to look at the likes and dislikes, or the comments on every Youtube video I click on, just to make sure it won't come up with the Exorcist.

Board footer