This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2012-08-03 21:48:37

AgentRoop
Scratcher

Re: Quiet Please

I don't want to be rude, but it seems like you guys haven't accepted anybody. If you weren't planning to accept keyboard players, singers, lyricists, violinists, or bass players,
What kind of people are you looking for?

Last edited by AgentRoop (2012-08-03 21:49:36)

La La
I wrote an album.

#52 2012-08-03 22:03:16

veggieman001
Scratcher

AgentRoop wrote:

I don't want to be rude, but it seems like you guys haven't accepted anybody. If you weren't planning to accept keyboard players, singers, lyricists, violinists, or bass players,

We are mainly looking for a bass player and a drummer (I haven't seen a bass player be interested...) but are also interested in brass I believe (...?)

#53 2012-08-03 23:34:03

AgentRoop
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

AgentRoop wrote:

We are mainly looking for a bass player and a drummer (I haven't seen a bass player be interested...) but are also interested in brass I believe (...?)

ok, I was just curious. Maybe you should put that in the first post so that people know what you're looking for.

La La
I wrote an album.

#54 2012-08-03 23:41:58

veggieman001
Scratcher

AgentRoop wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

AgentRoop wrote:

ok, I was just curious. Maybe you should put that in the first post so that people know what you're looking for.

It's been there this entire time.

#55 2012-08-04 08:51:59

chongyian
Scratcher

i want to play tuba!!!!

#56 2012-08-04 09:24:45

backspace_
Scratcher

chongyian wrote:

i want to play tuba!!!!

It looks like you already have one or two bands you're in, and spreading your work across many places is a surefire way to drag them all down. Also, I think our brass search is mainly for trumpet players. Lastly, I don't think you've ever told us your musical interests, which we asked for. I'm sorry, but I don't think we need you either :S

@AgentRoop: well, finding the right person is hard :p veggie and I already play guitar, piano, and can sing. What would be the point of having 4 pianists, 3 guitars, and 5 singers in a band? seems a little silly, no? we have regretfully declined the assistance of all applicants because they just don't seem right. better to find a glove that fits than force an awkward glove onto your hand...

@veggie: yay :3

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#57 2012-08-04 10:04:49

AgentRoop
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

@AgentRoop: well, finding the right person is hard :p veggie and I already play guitar, piano, and can sing. What would be the point of having 4 pianists, 3 guitars, and 5 singers in a band? seems a little silly, no? we have regretfully declined the assistance of all applicants because they just don't seem right. better to find a glove that fits than force an awkward glove onto your hand...

Thanks for the answer, I understand now. I wish your band good luck!

La La
I wrote an album.

#58 2012-08-04 10:37:42

backspace_
Scratcher

AgentRoop wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

Thanks for the answer, I understand now. I wish your band good luck!

thank you my good sir c:

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#59 2012-08-04 19:55:01

veggieman001
Scratcher

So uh what kind of tempo would this have? Would it be fast and upbeat, or slow?

#60 2012-08-04 20:31:49

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

I think it would be pretty fast but not too quick, but as far as I sing the lyrics they're a little droning and come in at the beginning of each new bar, and last until about mid-3rd measure of each bar. I've also started playing the power chords with the octave added to get a fuller sound on the strums.

(This tune is beginning to remind me of Searching For the Ghost by Heartless Bastards, not that that has to do with anything :p)

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#61 2012-08-04 20:52:36

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

I think it would be pretty fast but not too quick, but as far as I sing the lyrics they're a little droning and come in at the beginning of each new bar, and last until about mid-3rd measure of each bar. I've also started playing the power chords with the octave added to get a fuller sound on the strums.

There are lyrics??  yikes

#62 2012-08-04 20:55:37

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

not written, but I was planning on including some. Basically I try to find some lyrics that fit, so basically I just sing * until I get a good match :p

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#63 2012-08-04 21:08:56

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

not written, but I was planning on including some. Basically I try to find some lyrics that fit, so basically I just sing * until I get a good match :p

Well yeah, I figured you'd include some.
Could you perhaps record a sort of demo/sketch of it so I can get a feel for the structure?

#64 2012-08-04 23:38:46

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Could you perhaps record a sort of demo/sketch of it so I can get a feel for the structure?

yessir, hopefully ill have it up sometime tomorrow

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#65 2012-08-05 00:20:32

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

yessir, hopefully ill have it up sometime tomorrow

Alright, cool. Then I'll probably be able to figure out drums &c.

#66 2012-08-05 11:07:17

zippynk
Scratcher

I'm auditioning as a mixer I guess (Mixing the tracks and adding effects) [I use Logic Express 9] {Example: Electrons Unite Preview} {{note about the example, i know it's mainly electronic, that's where I have a lot of experience, but I can also mix non-electronic music}}

and as a clarinet player, if you ever need one of those, but I don't have my clarinet with me, and won't for about a week, so I'll audition for that later

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/trifocal_interlude_soundcloud_button.png

#67 2012-08-05 12:59:03

veggieman001
Scratcher

zippynk wrote:

I'm auditioning as a mixer I guess (Mixing the tracks and adding effects) [I use Logic Express 9] {Example: Electrons Unite Preview} {{note about the example, i know it's mainly electronic, that's where I have a lot of experience, but I can also mix non-electronic music}}

and as a clarinet player, if you ever need one of those, but I don't have my clarinet with me, and won't for about a week, so I'll audition for that later

Thanks for the offer. I'm really not sure about having a dedicated mixer as they wouldn't really be that familiar with the songs. I was kinda just planning on mixing the songs myself. Mr. backspace_, what are your thoughts on this?

#68 2012-08-05 13:51:27

All4one
Scratcher

I could do some synthesizer work and sing. When I say synthesizer, I basically mean I can replicate not just synth sounds, but other untraditional rock instruments such as orchestra, brass instruments, and other rather obscure instruments.  tongue

I would love to do something that would lean towards 80's New Wave/synthpop with the synthesizer sounds I have.  big_smile

Of course, you know I have experience with Scratch bands, having managed the Walruses, and I'm going to release a project really soon with my singing voice in it, so you can decide on whether or not my voice would fit in the band or not.

I'd also like to songwrite, too, and experiment with plenty of different genres such as progressive rock, 70's arena rock, the aforementioned 80's synthpop, alternative - even more untraditional genres such as ragtime, 20th century classical, jazz rock, etc.

I hope I'll be of good use in this band, and I'll be releasing the project with my vocals in it shortly. If you also need a project of me playing keyboard, I can post that, too.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#69 2012-08-05 14:28:55

backspace_
Scratcher

All4one wrote:

I could do some synthesizer work and sing. When I say synthesizer, I basically mean I can replicate not just synth sounds, but other untraditional rock instruments such as orchestra, brass instruments, and other rather obscure instruments.  tongue

I would love to do something that would lean towards 80's New Wave/synthpop with the synthesizer sounds I have.  big_smile

Of course, you know I have experience with Scratch bands, having managed the Walruses, and I'm going to release a project really soon with my singing voice in it, so you can decide on whether or not my voice would fit in the band or not.

I'd also like to songwrite, too, and experiment with plenty of different genres such as progressive rock, 70's arena rock, the aforementioned 80's synthpop, alternative - even more untraditional genres such as ragtime, 20th century classical, jazz rock, etc.

I hope I'll be of good use in this band, and I'll be releasing the project with my vocals in it shortly. If you also need a project of me playing keyboard, I can post that, too.

hmm, I know we really wouldn't need any more singers, and the synth stuff might be useful, but I don't know how useful. What is your knowledge on 90s alternative rock, indie rock, lo-fi, and experimental rock?

@veggie: I don't think we'll need a mixer really, if it's just us two then it can't be too hard. :S

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#70 2012-08-05 15:43:21

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

@veggie: I don't think we'll need a mixer really, if it's just us two then it can't be too hard. :S

Yeah, that's what I thought. I was planning on just doing some noise removal, EQ, volume, and other things.  smile

#71 2012-08-05 17:18:00

veggieman001
Scratcher

(putting structure of song here)

intro
verse
chorus
verse
chorus
bridge
chorus
outro

Okay sweet

#72 2012-08-05 23:12:48

misterersatz
New Scratcher

I might be able to play trombone once I get back from my trip

#73 2012-08-05 23:58:24

veggieman001
Scratcher

I would love to hear it!

#74 2012-08-06 08:08:28

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

I would love to hear it!

a trombonist would be cool.

are you working on other parts to the song? do you want me to start trying my hand at the lyrics?

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#75 2012-08-06 11:40:41

veggieman001
Scratcher

Yes, It'd be lovely if you start on the lyrics. I'm figuring out a drum part, and then I may help you revise the lyrics if needed.  smile

Board footer