This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-08-01 18:58:54

CatPerson
Scratcher

Re: Quiet Please

And I also would really love to play paino. I have a keyboard, and a real piano  big_smile  Im pretty good at playing, My favorite thing to play is Für Elise ^^

http://nyopoliticker.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/in_dog_we_trust_rusty.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrxH2RAmte9adghivuoOhgklIlUcZUFuCAA0wFufFq-NWyZWg5http://www.buttonsonline.com/2012/obama/BO-rallysign-104.gif

#27 2012-08-01 20:30:47

veggieman001
Scratcher

CatPerson wrote:

And I also would really love to play paino. I have a keyboard, and a real piano  big_smile  Im pretty good at playing, My favorite thing to play is Für Elise ^^

Are you familiar with bands like They Might Be Giants, Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, and other indie and alternative bands? Do you have a good way of recording?

#28 2012-08-01 21:33:56

AgentRoop
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

AgentRoop wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

hmm, a trumpet player. How NMH-esque! tell me now, what musical genres are you interested in?

Just to tell you, I've only played trumpet for a year and then I gave it up, but I've been playing piano for almost two years and I'm much better at it.
I'm mostly interested in classical, but I almost love every other genre that has a melody (So I hate most rap songs.)

The trumpet part's a shame, because I think we could use a trumpet or some sort of brass instrument fairly often, whereas a piano may not be used as often, and I'm already an amateurish self-taught pianist. I'm not sure if we can use you, unless veggie really wants this trumpet thing going, we might have to regretfully decline your assistance :c

Well, I have a keyboard. I could always play the trumpet instrument on the keyboard.

La La
I wrote an album.

#29 2012-08-01 21:55:57

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

AgentRoop wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

hmm, a trumpet player. How NMH-esque! tell me now, what musical genres are you interested in?

Just to tell you, I've only played trumpet for a year and then I gave it up, but I've been playing piano for almost two years and I'm much better at it.
I'm mostly interested in classical, but I almost love every other genre that has a melody (So I hate most rap songs.)

The trumpet part's a shame, because I think we could use a trumpet or some sort of brass instrument fairly often, whereas a piano may not be used as often, and I'm already an amateurish self-taught pianist. I'm not sure if we can use you, unless veggie really wants this trumpet thing going, we might have to regretfully decline your assistance :c

I'm going to agree with backspace_... we kind of have keyboards covered as both him and I play somewhat okay each. Sorry. But thanks for offering.

#30 2012-08-02 10:18:28

CatPerson
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

CatPerson wrote:

Are you familiar with bands like They Might Be Giants, Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, and other indie and alternative bands? Do you have a good way of recording?

Im formilliar with every one but Milk Hotel.  hmm   And I dont know many indie and alternitive, I know Indi Pop, like Foster the people, but thats abit different. But I know what your trying to get at on what music.

http://nyopoliticker.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/in_dog_we_trust_rusty.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrxH2RAmte9adghivuoOhgklIlUcZUFuCAA0wFufFq-NWyZWg5http://www.buttonsonline.com/2012/obama/BO-rallysign-104.gif

#31 2012-08-02 12:44:00

AgentRoop
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

AgentRoop wrote:

I'm going to agree with backspace_... we kind of have keyboards covered as both him and I play somewhat okay each. Sorry. But thanks for offering.

ah, ok.  sad

La La
I wrote an album.

#32 2012-08-02 15:32:27

veggieman001
Scratcher

Hey backspace_, maybe we should just start working on stuff now and see if anyone who can play bass or something wants to join somewhere along the road.

#33 2012-08-02 15:41:21

AgentRoop
Scratcher

If I can't play an instrument, could help with writing the songs? I'm an amateur composer...

La La
I wrote an album.

#34 2012-08-02 17:36:27

ryan-robbins
New Scratcher

I have a good one called Your Home by me. The feat is by Matthew Allen. Matthew Allen is my friend. Well, here are the lyrics. Lyrics: I'm in a cornfield, I don't know which corn to choose. My friend Matthew is here and we've got some news for you. This is epic, and the [removed] pain I can't take anymore. Well I went to my house, and it was quiet in there, until suddenly...I went to my house and I made cupcakes. They smell fine good without bread. They're homemade, (homemade) homemade, (homemade) They smell fine good without the pain on side. Well, this is the best swamp ever. I saw a swamp monster though. I fought it with all I could. My strength was invulnerable. She [removed] hates me, but I really don't care. I am so better than Cad Bane. I went to my house and I made cupcakes. They smell fine good without bread. They're homemade, (homemade) homemade, (homemade) They smell fine good without the pain on side. Well this was my story, I went to the mall and bought some more cupcakes, they were so delicious. They tasted so mighty fine good without (the bread) So yeah, I bought cupcakes, (cupcakes) cupcakes, (cupcakes) cupcakes, (cupcakes). Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Yeah! Cupcakes! Yeah, so you could help me with that one it's in my album Ryan Robbins. I haven't posted it yet. You could help me with my gallery. It's empty. Here's the link: Scratch|Gallery|Ryan Robbins Album- We make songs just for you. produce Scratch|Gallery|Ryan Robbins Album- We make songs just for you. Thanks! ~Ryan Robbins

[[Moderator Edit: Please use respectful language when posting comments on the website.]

Last edited by cheddargirl (2012-08-02 20:33:03)

#35 2012-08-02 17:52:57

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

Hey backspace_, maybe we should just start working on stuff now and see if anyone who can play bass or something wants to join somewhere along the road.

yeah, that would probably be best.

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#36 2012-08-02 19:59:30

veggieman001
Scratcher

Alright! Uh, how shall we do this?

#37 2012-08-02 20:09:16

wiimaster
Scratcher

I've been playing piano for 9 years, and I'd like to do this, but I'm not sure if I have a good enough recording device/program.

I can do electronic, chiptune, and fake piano music in Fruity Loops though, I can try and upload a sample.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#38 2012-08-02 20:20:54

veggieman001
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

I've been playing piano for 9 years, and I'd like to do this, but I'm not sure if I have a good enough recording device/program.

I can do electronic, chiptune, and fake piano music in Fruity Loops though, I can try and upload a sample.

That might be kind of cool though I'm not sure how much we'd be interested in working that type of thing in

#39 2012-08-02 20:27:39

backspace_
Scratcher

Yeah, I think we really don't need a piano that much D: (so many pianist applicants)

anyway, I think we should first record an EP maybe of stuff we write, and then work on an album. And we could put the music up on last.fm and scratch and BandCamp and whatever.

lastly, I just scraped together a raw idea of a guitar line, and it's in the key of C#. Basically the verses are in power chords and the chorus is in root 6. It's pretty much C# A F# A

I've also started working on a solo in the C# minor penatonic (however it's spelled), but that's very raw so far. I guess if you think that stuff^ sounds okay we could jump into lyrics and stuff.

lastly, (i lied about the lastly before >:]) what should we call ourselves ???

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#40 2012-08-02 20:36:18

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

Yeah, I think we really don't need a piano that much D: (so many pianist applicants)
Yes

anyway, I think we should first record an EP maybe of stuff we write, and then work on an album. And we could put the music up on last.fm and scratch and BandCamp and whatever.
Yes

lastly, I just scraped together a raw idea of a guitar line, and it's in the key of C#. Basically the verses are in power chords and the chorus is in root 6. It's pretty much C# A F# A

I've also started working on a solo in the C# minor pentatonic (however it's spelled), but that's very raw so far. I guess if you think that stuff^ sounds okay we could jump into lyrics and stuff.
I like this, sounds pretty cool. Would this be in 4/4?

Hmm... I'll have to think on that.

#41 2012-08-02 20:48:52

wiimaster
Scratcher

Well okay, but you might want to know all the other applicant's level of experience... not to toot my own horn, but I've been at it for almost 9 years now.

Last edited by wiimaster (2012-08-02 20:49:20)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#42 2012-08-02 21:06:58

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

backspace_ wrote:

Yes

Yes

I've also started working on a solo in the C# minor pentatonic (however it's spelled), but that's very raw so far. I guess if you think that stuff^ sounds okay we could jump into lyrics and stuff.
I like this, sounds pretty cool. Would this be in 4/4?

Hmm... I'll have to think on that.

Yeah, this is in 4/4 and the verse is basically a simple strum for each measure, and the chorus gets a different strumming pattern.

@wiimaster: that sounds great, but we're really not considering any applicants since me and veggie both have a basic grasp of piano I believe. sorry :S

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#43 2012-08-02 22:07:08

CatPerson
Scratcher

Okay, Could I atleast help with lyrics, or I could play bass on guitar  tongue  not that hard... Its the top four strrings.

#44 2012-08-02 22:28:27

backspace_
Scratcher

CatPerson wrote:

Okay, Could I atleast help with lyrics, or I could play bass on guitar  tongue  not that hard... Its the top four strrings.

but you don't get that beefy sound an actual bass has. The only thing I can think of working as a bass filler is palm-muting and playing the bassline on a guitar palm-muted, but either me or veggie could do that since we both play guitar, and I think me and veggie already have a solid grasp of lyricism (or at least veggie might) sorry :S

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#45 2012-08-02 23:13:52

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

CatPerson wrote:

but you don't get that beefy sound an actual bass has. The only thing I can think of working as a bass filler is palm-muting and playing the bassline on a guitar palm-muted, but either me or veggie could do that since we both play guitar, and I think me and veggie already have a solid grasp of lyricism (or at least veggie might) sorry :S

Or we could tune down the guitars, I've done that before and it sounds pretty cool.

And yeah, I think we have lyrics down. Sorry 'bout that.

#46 2012-08-02 23:15:47

CatPerson
Scratcher

Its okay  wink

#47 2012-08-03 09:14:13

chongyian
Scratcher

I can play tuba and keyboard. I can send recordings if you want!

#48 2012-08-03 12:48:47

veggieman001
Scratcher

Actually, that progression sounds a little weird... did you mean C# Ab F# Ab?

#49 2012-08-03 21:38:51

backspace_
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

Well I thought at first I would try a sharpened fifth, but I think it sounds a little weird as well, and maybe a regular fifth would work better. I also forgot to mention that the last bar of the chorus is C# Ab F#7 F#7

Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

#50 2012-08-03 21:41:43

veggieman001
Scratcher

backspace_ wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Well I thought at first I would try a sharpened fifth, but I think it sounds a little weird as well, and maybe a regular fifth would work better. I also forgot to mention that the last bar of the chorus is C# Ab F#7 F#7

I am liking this!

Board footer