This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#101 2012-08-25 02:39:41

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Re: Bookworm Studios: The new and unique Scratch Collaboration!

Think of a good question, build a plot around it. That's what i always do. Then use the question as an excuse to bring in a really good idea in. E.g. What happens if you combine all the periodic elements at exactly the same time all together in one go?
I've been watching stargate recently, so i say the answer to the question is it creates an interdimensional portal. People can go through the portal.
Don't use this idea- it's too rippy offy (technical term).

#102 2012-08-25 02:52:38

chongyian
Scratcher

can i have a theme that i can write about? im not very creative...

#103 2012-08-25 03:18:17

pinnipediator
Scratcher

These questions should help a bit, if you don't they will for someone else!
What would happen if you condensed starlight into a crystal? What powers could it have?
What if every living human was in a virtual reality game and had been for so long they didn't know how to get out when a virus struck?
What if a neural parasite spawned in the greenhouse gases that surrounded the earth and started raining down on people and taking over their' minds?
Change these, add to them, they're all you need for a story.

#104 2012-08-25 10:25:17

humhumgames
Scratcher

That is a good system... I'll use that for all of my stories.  smile  I'm going to think of a plot, then I'll share it.

#105 2012-08-25 10:50:16

chongyian
Scratcher

Those are awesome ideas! But they are too hard for me, so I will write about: Limitless galaxy... I will submit it within half a week...

#106 2012-08-26 02:31:26

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I will have to start typing my trilogy- i am running out of inspiration and there is so much i want to change in it (three times more dialogue, more paragaphs, less time spent describing what everything is and how it works  hmm )

#107 2012-08-27 02:26:07

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Acolytes has a 'y'- that's the only miss-spelling i directly spotted. Brilliant story- waiting for the chapters is a bit like waiting for a tv serial, just you're tense like you're meant to be, unlike the original flash gordon, which is just silly (or the original buck rodgers, which is even worse). Brilliant story- i love it!

#108 2012-08-27 06:51:12

Whisperfur
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Acolytes has a 'y'- that's the only miss-spelling i directly spotted. Brilliant story- waiting for the chapters is a bit like waiting for a tv serial, just you're tense like you're meant to be, unlike the original flash gordon, which is just silly (or the original buck rodgers, which is even worse). Brilliant story- i love it!

Thanks :3 I'm guessing there are lot's more misspellings other then that, i'm good at english but really bad at spelling XD

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zxqfy0.jpg

#109 2012-08-27 07:08:31

chongyian
Scratcher

Checking in... Im doing the first story...

#110 2012-08-27 07:43:24

chongyian
Scratcher

Done... The longer, the more possibility of mistakes, so help me check thoroughly... Thanks!

Magic Night

A chilly frosty night. All was quiet, except for the melodious songs of the singing crickets and the almost pin-drop silence of the world's most famous investor and multimillionaire. His name, Tom Harold.

Along a stretch, quick, stealthy footsteps were heard behind him. He turned his head to look around. He saw neither humans nor beasts, let alone animals. Soon, he turned left into an alley for a shortcut to his house.

In the winking of an eye, his mouth was clasped upon from his back by the strong and burly hand of an unknown stranger. "~Help~!" With a muffled voice, he tried to shout out in distress. However, he was heard by no one except for his assailant.

The unknown assailant pistol-pointed Thomas. Expecting a bullet in his head any moment, he said, wisely," Trust me. Death, will come to those, who try to kill--" " Boom!" His words were interrupted by the sound of an explosion.

The clasp on his mouth was loosened, and he manage to get free easily. He turned around. He saw his assailant, still wearing a mask, laying motionless on the ground. Metres away, stood a wizard, whose name was unknown to him. The wizard, in his thirties, was the famous Harry James Potter.

Harry Potter was holding what seemed like a wooden twig to Thomas in his hand. They stepped towards each other, and shook hands. Harry Potter suddenly pointed the 'wooden twig' in to the air and said, "Accio Firebolt-Ace 2000!" much to the surprise of  the multimillionaire. To his even greater surprise, when he looked up into the sky, he saw a broomstick flying at top speed towards them!

The broomstick landed safely beside them and Harry jumped on, leaving Thomas standing there, hesitantly looking at the broomstick floating in the air seated with Harry. With a polite voice, Harry said, " Jump on!". " Are you sure this can carry the both of us?" Thomas asked in reply. "Of course! The Firebolt-Ace 2000 can carry up to one million kilograms!". Slowly, Thomas climbed onto the broomstick an sat there in awkward silence with Harry Potter at the front.

With a jerk, both of them were suddenly lifted off the ground by the broomstick, and soared up, high in the sky. The journey was extremely cold and frosty. Thomas thought: I now wish i followed my wife's advice when she told me to bring a jacket to work, but I never thought that i would ever fly on a broomstick...

He stared at Harry's back for a long time during the trip. "Hey! Aren't you the world famous wizard, Harry Potter? I just realised that! I thought you only existed in books and movies! I feel grand to meet you! I am Thomas Welton Harold, also known as the world's best investor." With that, they shook hands once again.

Minutes later, they landed safely in Harry Potter's back yard. Both of them went inside for some tea. Chanting magical incantations, warm, fresh tea poured out from Harry's wand into the tea cups that had suddenly appeared in front of them. Thomas just sat there, bewildered with surprise.

As they began to sip their tea comfortably, Harry Potter asked," Why was that guy after you? I saw him pointing a gun at you. Why was he after you?". Thomas replied," I am quite a rich businessman and many people try to attack and steal from me. That kind of things have been encountered by me before. I usually have two armed bodyguards with me. However, I recently fired them for trying to steal my credit card. That reminds me... Isn't killing against the law? I saw you knock him out. Thanks for saving me, but i think you might be in deep trouble if the authorities catch up with you."

" Don't you worry, I only stunned him. Although he cannot move now, he should be able to regain consciousness in a few hours. And how about this? You come to live with me, since there are many people who will try to attack you if you go away. I will teach you how to fly a broomstick and master a wand. I can see lots of magical blood in you. You should be able to learn magic quite easily." Harry remarked. " Of course! Thanks for the offer!" Thomas said with an excited tone.

After Harry Potter magically made a bed for Thomas Harold, both of them soon turned into bed and fell asleep, awaiting for the next day to arrive.....

Credits:
Author: Chong Yi An
Starring: Main- Harry James Potter,   Thomas Welton Harold, Unknown Assailant (USA)
Disclaimation: This story is fictional and is written only for entertainment purposes.

#111 2012-08-27 07:47:32

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Drawing my main character- realised i haven't decided what a casttravien heptoid looks like! I need it humanoid, but with 7 legs. Anyway, i was thinking about what the 'organisation' should be called and i came up with these:
Prodigy inc.
Human prodigys
Liberty quest
K.A.Y.
How did c paolini come up with 'the varden'? I need something like that.
shamatuln? (anagram of last human)
Please help! Pick one of mine or make one up! If i like your idea, if i ever get the book published, you'll get mentioned!

#112 2012-08-27 09:25:14

Whisperfur
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Drawing my main character- realised i haven't decided what a casttravien heptoid looks like! I need it humanoid, but with 7 legs. Anyway, i was thinking about what the 'organisation' should be called and i came up with these:
Prodigy inc.
Human prodigys
Liberty quest
K.A.Y.
How did c paolini come up with 'the varden'? I need something like that.
shamatuln? (anagram of last human)
Please help! Pick one of mine or make one up! If i like your idea, if i ever get the book published, you'll get mentioned!

The Maya( Yes it is an ancient civilisation but oh well)
New world
Zolenki( I think it should be a made up word, named after the first leader ect.)

Hope you find one :3

Also has anyone read any good books lately, i'm running out of stories and les miserable isn't the most light reading?

#113 2012-08-27 09:31:46

chongyian
Scratcher

chongyian wrote:

Done... The longer, the more possibility of mistakes, so help me check thoroughly... Thanks!

Magic Night

A chilly frosty night. All was quiet, except for the melodious songs of the singing crickets and the almost pin-drop silence of the world's most famous investor and multimillionaire. His name, Tom Harold.

Along a stretch, quick, stealthy footsteps were heard behind him. He turned his head to look around. He saw neither humans nor beasts, let alone animals. Soon, he turned left into an alley for a shortcut to his house.

In the winking of an eye, his mouth was clasped upon from his back by the strong and burly hand of an unknown stranger. "~Help~!" With a muffled voice, he tried to shout out in distress. However, he was heard by no one except for his assailant.

The unknown assailant pistol-pointed Thomas. Expecting a bullet in his head any moment, he said, wisely," Trust me. Death, will come to those, who try to kill--" " Boom!" His words were interrupted by the sound of an explosion.

The clasp on his mouth was loosened, and he manage to get free easily. He turned around. He saw his assailant, still wearing a mask, laying motionless on the ground. Metres away, stood a wizard, whose name was unknown to him. The wizard, in his thirties, was the famous Harry James Potter.

Harry Potter was holding what seemed like a wooden twig to Thomas in his hand. They stepped towards each other, and shook hands. Harry Potter suddenly pointed the 'wooden twig' in to the air and said, "Accio Firebolt-Ace 2000!" much to the surprise of  the multimillionaire. To his even greater surprise, when he looked up into the sky, he saw a broomstick flying at top speed towards them!

The broomstick landed safely beside them and Harry jumped on, leaving Thomas standing there, hesitantly looking at the broomstick floating in the air seated with Harry. With a polite voice, Harry said, " Jump on!". " Are you sure this can carry the both of us?" Thomas asked in reply. "Of course! The Firebolt-Ace 2000 can carry up to one million kilograms!". Slowly, Thomas climbed onto the broomstick an sat there in awkward silence with Harry Potter at the front.

With a jerk, both of them were suddenly lifted off the ground by the broomstick, and soared up, high in the sky. The journey was extremely cold and frosty. Thomas thought: I now wish i followed my wife's advice when she told me to bring a jacket to work, but I never thought that i would ever fly on a broomstick...

He stared at Harry's back for a long time during the trip. "Hey! Aren't you the world famous wizard, Harry Potter? I just realised that! I thought you only existed in books and movies! I feel grand to meet you! I am Thomas Welton Harold, also known as the world's best investor." With that, they shook hands once again.

Minutes later, they landed safely in Harry Potter's back yard. Both of them went inside for some tea. Chanting magical incantations, warm, fresh tea poured out from Harry's wand into the tea cups that had suddenly appeared in front of them. Thomas just sat there, bewildered with surprise.

As they began to sip their tea comfortably, Harry Potter asked," Why was that guy after you? I saw him pointing a gun at you. Why was he after you?". Thomas replied," I am quite a rich businessman and many people try to attack and steal from me. That kind of things have been encountered by me before. I usually have two armed bodyguards with me. However, I recently fired them for trying to steal my credit card. That reminds me... Isn't killing against the law? I saw you knock him out. Thanks for saving me, but i think you might be in deep trouble if the authorities catch up with you."

" Don't you worry, I only stunned him. Although he cannot move now, he should be able to regain consciousness in a few hours. And how about this? You come to live with me, since there are many people who will try to attack you if you go away. I will teach you how to fly a broomstick and master a wand. I can see lots of magical blood in you. You should be able to learn magic quite easily." Harry remarked. " Of course! Thanks for the offer!" Thomas said with an excited tone.

After Harry Potter magically made a bed for Thomas Harold, both of them soon turned into bed and fell asleep, awaiting for the next day to arrive.....

Credits:
Author: Chong Yi An
Starring: Main- Harry James Potter,   Thomas Welton Harold, Unknown Assailant (USA)
Disclaimation: This story is fictional and is written only for entertainment purposes.

Do your want this???

Last edited by chongyian (2012-08-29 05:50:42)

#114 2012-08-27 10:17:00

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Good book? I've just read 'journey to the center of the earth' and thouroghly enjoyed it, also, if you haven't read the inheritance cycle, you really should. Read them in order!!

How does 'Shanal Mut' sound as the name of the organisation? Mut is quite hard to describe. The u has an alien accent which adds a transitional v between m and u making it Sh-A-nn-Al M-voou-T . This will probably be the title of the first book. How does this sound? Can anyone do any better? Thanks for your help!

#115 2012-08-27 17:22:15

humhumgames
Scratcher

smile  Great! Just came back from first day of school, first day of middle school, and I'm a bit pooped.  wink  Want me to add to the library?

And the name sounds a bit awkward, Pinnipediator. I'm here, sitting in front of my computer, trying to pronounce it.

#116 2012-08-28 05:04:59

Whisperfur
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Good book? I've just read 'journey to the center of the earth' and thouroghly enjoyed it, also, if you haven't read the inheritance cycle, you really should. Read them in order!!

How does 'Shanal Mut' sound as the name of the organisation? Mut is quite hard to describe. The u has an alien accent which adds a transitional v between m and u making it Sh-A-nn-Al M-voou-T . This will probably be the title of the first book. How does this sound? Can anyone do any better? Thanks for your help!

I love it, it sounds mystic and strange...  big_smile

And i have read the inheritance cycle, it steals stuff from loads of other books but i still love it XD Angelina is amazing  wink

Great! Just came back from first day of school, first day of middle school, and I'm a bit pooped.    Want me to add to the library?

I'm still on holiday  big_smile  Hope you had a good day  smile

#117 2012-08-28 11:15:05

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Same- more than a week left! I always have sympathy for the pupils in early-start schools, and ultimate jealousy for the late starters, or the ones that start later than mine.

I'm glad you like shanal mvut! (i think from now on, i will put the v in, even though it ruins the anagram) it doesn't sound futuristic enough, so i'll change it slightly and get back to you. Finally, my dad is putting ashampoo office on our old laptop! Fortunately i'm only using it for my trilogy- it is so slow! (It has acrobat 5!)

#118 2012-08-28 11:19:08

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I know! Shaisar mvad! For your pronunciation humhum, sh-eye-zar mwv- AD (mwv sounds like you are kissing someone with a fake french accent- you form a 'v' sound while puckering your lips gently)

#119 2012-08-28 12:00:52

Whisperfur
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

I know! Shaisar mvad! For your pronunciation humhum, sh-eye-zar mwv- AD (mwv sounds like you are kissing someone with a fake french accent- you form a 'v' sound while puckering your lips gently)

So like Shy-zar- Mwa-vad?

#120 2012-08-28 17:41:07

humhumgames
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Better, you should use that one.  smile

EDIT: I can pronounce it, too! XD

Last edited by humhumgames (2012-08-28 17:41:26)

#121 2012-08-29 02:52:46

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Yesss!  big_smile  if humhum can pronounce it, anyone can! Also, my dad got our old laptop into my bedroom, so i can type it up, which is faster! The laptop is unprotected, unconnected and really slow. Forunately i'm only word processing. Because of it's lack of antivirus software, i'm not alowed to put memory sticks in it, but my dad said he's going to update adobe reader, get firefox and put avg and system mechanic, and the 20 others that we put on our normal machine.
Anyway, it's going well, i got to chapter 2.

#122 2012-08-29 07:22:47

Whisperfur
Scratcher

That''s great pinnipediator  smile
Btw i am having a break from scratch for a while so won't be posting much/ at all for a couple of weeks. Sorry!
Byeee

#123 2012-08-29 07:49:29

chongyian
Scratcher

So is my story acceptable or what?I spent a whole week o it... I dont mind spending another week improving it if someone told me how i could...

#124 2012-08-30 02:50:34

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I love your story! It's not an idea i've heard before, and it's very creatively done! Someone edit/change/ comment/do something with chongyian's story- it needs/deserves it!
Also, shasair mvad is 'last hope' in a yet undetermined language .

#125 2012-08-30 19:46:37

humhumgames
Scratcher

Cool. I'll get wiimaster to do that Chongyian (GREAT STORY!), so hang tight.  smile

Board footer