This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#501 2013-04-12 16:37:23

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Re: Bookworm Studios: The new and unique Scratch Collaboration!

Whisperfur wrote:

For the writing contest a Monthly short story contest with themes? Eg. a starting sentence or a theme ect?

Mint was doing the competitions, and mint knows what mints doing, and I'm avoiding asking (mint may know but I don't, there was something about book covers)
in the chapter by chapter thing, you just have a starting chapter, and then people add a chapter each and see where the story goes. You restart every two months.
Cheese, I don't think humhum would mind if you copied the contents of the old library. You do it, and if there's something wrong with that, she can take it out on me later, and I'll say it was me not you  smile  but I don't think there'd be a problem anyway.
Cheese you are doing astoundingly brilliantly with this library. I am amazed  yikes  .
And please, choose a banner, pick a banner, use two, three, I don't care, they're all for the same collab, and they don't say 'library' or 'competitions' on them or anything.  smile 
whisper, if you start and run the chapter by chapter thread, and link us to it, and mint, you do the same with the competitions, I'll start up this thread of ours. The main thread should be focused around the collaborative making of scratch ebooks. I'll explain it all in the first post. And I should add to these banners. There should be one saying 'librarian' on it and one saying 'competitions' and one saying 'chapters' and one saying 'person who fails at sounding organised'.  smile  that way we know we're important.  smile 
and cheese, I don't know about exclamation marks but I've used a few to many smilies as well (I think  wink  )

#502 2013-04-12 16:39:18

pinnipediator
Scratcher

But whisper, yeah, run it like that, just the chapter by chapters thing, not competitions.  smile 
mint does that.

#503 2013-04-13 02:17:48

cheeseeater
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Whisperfur wrote:

For the writing contest a Monthly short story contest with themes? Eg. a starting sentence or a theme ect?

Mint was doing the competitions, and mint knows what mints doing, and I'm avoiding asking (mint may know but I don't, there was something about book covers)
in the chapter by chapter thing, you just have a starting chapter, and then people add a chapter each and see where the story goes. You restart every two months.
Cheese, I don't think humhum would mind if you copied the contents of the old library. You do it, and if there's something wrong with that, she can take it out on me later, and I'll say it was me not you  smile  but I don't think there'd be a problem anyway.
Cheese you are doing astoundingly brilliantly with this library. I am amazed  yikes  .
And please, choose a banner, pick a banner, use two, three, I don't care, they're all for the same collab, and they don't say 'library' or 'competitions' on them or anything.  smile 
whisper, if you start and run the chapter by chapter thread, and link us to it, and mint, you do the same with the competitions, I'll start up this thread of ours. The main thread should be focused around the collaborative making of scratch ebooks. I'll explain it all in the first post. And I should add to these banners. There should be one saying 'librarian' on it and one saying 'competitions' and one saying 'chapters' and one saying 'person who fails at sounding organised'.  smile  that way we know we're important.  smile 
and cheese, I don't know about exclamation marks but I've used a few to many smilies as well (I think  wink  )

Thanks, i will now copy the last books!  smile

Last edited by cheeseeater (2013-04-13 02:18:06)

#504 2013-04-13 07:31:04

Whisperfur
Scratcher

I can't find the new library, can someone link it?
Also what length should the chapters be?
smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zxqfy0.jpg

#505 2013-04-13 08:21:52

mintfang
Scratcher

I finnally made the contests! Here it is!

http://i33.tinypic.com/25p1rw6.png

#506 2013-04-13 12:33:50

cheeseeater
Scratcher

Whisperfur wrote:

I can't find the new library, can someone link it?
Also what length should the chapters be?
smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile

Just click the banner below  tongue   smile
http://i45.tinypic.com/2rqeukw.png

Last edited by cheeseeater (2013-04-13 12:34:10)

#507 2013-04-13 13:15:15

Waffle27
Scratcher

Waffle Facts—Animal Edition by Waffle27
(Information collected from Buzzle.com, Bats of the World, and A Joey Grows Up by Gretchen Wulfing   )

When these strange, rabbit-like marsupials were discovered in    1770,   Captain James Cook didn’t know what to think of them. What were these pouched, sandy colored creatures? Upon asking the native locals of Australia, he got the response “Kangaroo”, or “I don’t know” in the people’s language.

Vampire bats don’t have much room in that little body of theirs. That’s why, when vampire bats are sucking blood, they are also peeing!

Herrings communicate by farting!

The scientific name for a Gorilla is simply: “Gorilla Gorilla”.

Bulls are color blind, thus it’s not the red color that gets it angry, but the taunting motion of the scarf.

All polar bears are left handed.

I made a quick fact book for the library  smile ^^

#508 2013-04-13 13:24:44

Waffle27
Scratcher

mintfang wrote:

I finnally made the contests! Here it is!

Awesome contests Mintfang! I think I'll enter the second one, but not the first one (I suck at drawing!)

And: YAYZ!! MAGIC!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I <3 MAGIC!

#509 2013-04-13 14:10:13

Waffle27
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

(Information collected from Buzzle.com, Bats of the World, and A Joey Grows Up by Gretchen Wulfing   )

When these strange, rabbit-like marsupials were discovered in    1770,   Captain James Cook didn’t know what to think of them. What were these pouched, sandy colored creatures? Upon asking the native locals of Australia, he got the response “Kangaroo”, or “I don’t know” in the people’s language.

Vampire bats don’t have much room in that little body of theirs. That’s why, when vampire bats are sucking blood, they are also peeing!

Bulls are color blind, thus it’s not the red color that gets it angry, but the taunting motion of the scarf.

Hey cheese is this good enough or should I change something? (This is where we post our stories for the library right?)

#510 2013-04-13 14:41:15

cheeseeater
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Hey cheese is this good enough or should I change something? (This is where we post our stories for the library right?)

This is realy cool, i didn't know any of them!  tongue
Yes, this is the right place. Because if you post here then i can check it before it goes to the library.
Thanks, i shall add it to the library tomorrow!  smile

#511 2013-04-13 17:10:58

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Whisperfur- about 100-1000 words. That's about 500 as a median, but anything within that range is fine, of course, you're running it, so you could make it whatever you want it to be. These are only suggestions, but short is good, so people feel like they can do it quickly. We want it to end up longish. Towards the ending of each double month story, start encouraging people to try and finish the story. Apart from that, try and keep posts that aren't additions to the story to a minimum. I'm trying to leave it open, so you fan have fun with it. It's just that before I can start the main thread.     
Awesome job mint! 
Odd collection of facts waffle, I knew about the polar bears and the bulls, but apart from that- remarkable!

#512 2013-04-14 03:21:48

cheeseeater
Scratcher

cheeseeater wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Yes, this is the right place. Because if you post here then i can check it before it goes to the library.

Now added.  smile

#513 2013-04-14 03:27:57

Waffle27
Scratcher

cheeseeater wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Now added.  smile

Yay!  big_smile
I'm  making another one,about sleep.  smile

#514 2013-04-14 03:29:45

Waffle27
Scratcher

Waffle Facts—Sleep Edition by Waffle27
(Information collected from listverse.com and randomhistory.com)

10 minutes after you wake up, you forget 90% of your dream.

You do not dream about yourself until the age of about 3 years old.

The idea of the sewing machine came from a dream where cannibals attacked him with spears that had a hole in them!

Women have more dreams about teeth then men do.

President Abraham Lincoln dreamed of his own death days before it happened.

You can’t snore and dream at the same time.

#515 2013-04-14 06:25:48

cheeseeater
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Waffle Facts—Sleep Edition by Waffle27
(Information collected from listverse.com and randomhistory.com)

10 minutes after you wake up, you forget 90% of your dream.

You do not dream about yourself until the age of about 3 years old.

The idea of the sewing machine came from a dream where cannibals attacked him with spears that had a hole in them!

Women have more dreams about teeth then men do.

President Abraham Lincoln dreamed of his own death days before it happened.

You can’t snore and dream at the same time.

Interesting facts!  smile
I will now add it to the library!

Last edited by cheeseeater (2013-04-14 06:26:20)

#516 2013-04-14 09:19:46

mintfang
Scratcher

My Prolouge for Write to DEATH!!!

Before
Snarling Wolf. That’s my name. And this is my story. Now, before you go on, you need to know something about me. I’m what you people call a Native American, but I don’t have a tribe. When I need something I steal, or hunt. I have no friends and family. No one cares about me, do they, though? Just read my story, and make sure you never do this.

I remember the experiment. They plucked me off the streets of New York to participate in some time-traveling thing. Well, guess what? It worked. And now I’m stuck in stupid medieval America, with stupid Native Americans, with just one knife to feed myself. Good thing I’ve never needed too much to feed myself, and I’m good at stealing. I did it all the time in New York, but that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I’m stuck in this stupid place. But here is my chance to get out...
----------
I'm working on the first chapter. It's going to be around 5 or 6 chapters, I think. Leave it to me to blow this up to a short book!

#517 2013-04-14 17:07:54

pinnipediator
Scratcher

Now there is a good idea. Use that beyond write to the death mint and you could be famous! No one has done that before- that is a brand new idea, most book ideas have copied something, but this is new, understandable, clever and catchy. You should start writing a full book to try and get published as a real book before someone gets a similar idea! I love that. That is cool, but for your sake, I won't share it with my other writing friends for your sake. You have just come up with an amazing book idea. You could make and do something out of and with that. I love it  smile  well done!

#518 2013-04-14 21:13:44

Flyboy
Scratcher

Why would you like to join Bookworm Studios?: I would enjoy to write books, and see opinions of others.
Which role(s) would you like to do (Write, Review, Edit, Illustrate)?: Write
   *If you write, give an example of a good writing sentence:  As the fighter spun down into the darkness, John sighed. "Another ally defeated," he thought.

What is your favorite book?: The Hobbit, by J.R.R Tolkien
Will you contribute to this collaboration, and stay active, and are you aware that you will be kicked out if you don't?: Of course!

Remix this! http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1689/flyboy.png-'07-today

#519 2013-04-15 12:58:43

cheeseeater
Scratcher

Bump!  smile

#520 2013-04-15 13:34:09

Whisperfur
Scratcher

Yeah, it looks like a really awesome story  big_smile
Mine is basically about a revolution and stuff, i started again as the story i had begun I got stuck on ): It's the same character again though cause i'm lazy

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zxqfy0.jpg

#521 2013-04-15 16:19:28

pinnipediator
Scratcher

I hare thinking uP characters when I have to have lots of them because of how thebplit works. In my entry there are twelve characters that all have to get used at some point. But do I use them and not let the reader know them properly, or do I use one or two and leave loads left over? It's really annoying. I could cut it down to possibly four, but that wouldn't suit the plot as well.  hmm

#522 2013-04-15 19:07:35

Waffle27
Scratcher

Marion’s mother let out one last, forlorn, cry before crumpling to the ground in a motionless heap. Cloaked in black, the heartless murderer stood with his back to the doorway. Next on the list was Marion’s father, who was now rushing to his wife’s side, a flood of tears cascading down his cheeks. And then were Marion and her brother Deric, who was still sleeping soundly in his bed across the hall.
    No one made a sound. Not even Marion, standing unseen in her parents’ doorway, said a word. Her lips parted in a scream, but no sound came out. Salty tears were streaming down her face uncontrollably. Marion yearned to run to her mother’s side, to hug her, wake her up from the endless sleep called death. But she couldn’t. Whenever she tried to move her legs, a sour pain would shoot into her chest, almost as if she were having a heart attack.
    Marion’s mother was dead.
    Nobody had seen her yet, not even her father, who was standing directly across from her when she entered, staring listlessly into space. He had uttered two incomprehensible words before grabbing Marion’s mother’s hand and making a mad dash towards the door. Then the person—thing—had killed Mrs. Garms with no apparent weapons on his body. Mrs. Garms had been ten feet away from it, and still it had killed her. Without a gun, without a weapon, without a sound, the thing had killed her.
    And Marion found that she wanted revenge.

The beginning of the book I'm writing currently: "The Cloaked Ones". I've only written about 12 pages so far, and I know whats going to happen for the next few chapters, but after that I have writers block  sad

#523 2013-04-15 21:24:07

mintfang
Scratcher

pinnipediator wrote:

Now there is a good idea. Use that beyond write to the death mint and you could be famous! No one has done that before- that is a brand new idea, most book ideas have copied something, but this is new, understandable, clever and catchy. You should start writing a full book to try and get published as a real book before someone gets a similar idea! I love that. That is cool, but for your sake, I won't share it with my other writing friends for your sake. You have just come up with an amazing book idea. You could make and do something out of and with that. I love it  smile  well done!

*hug* I was just crying for half an hour and this completely made my day  smile

#524 2013-04-16 02:27:46

cheeseeater
Scratcher

Flyboy wrote:

Why would you like to join Bookworm Studios?: I would enjoy to write books, and see opinions of others.
Which role(s) would you like to do (Write, Review, Edit, Illustrate)?: Write
   *If you write, give an example of a good writing sentence:  As the fighter spun down into the darkness, John sighed. "Another ally defeated," he thought.

What is your favorite book?: The Hobbit, by J.R.R Tolkien
Will you contribute to this collaboration, and stay active, and are you aware that you will be kicked out if you don't?: Of course!

Hi, welcome to bookworm studios!  smile

Last edited by cheeseeater (2013-04-16 02:28:08)

#525 2013-04-16 13:55:30

cheeseeater
Scratcher

bump

Board footer